Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2022, 02:04 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
DuckDuckGo has sold out and is censoring the news like Google does. That's going to be the end of them, users are leaving in droves.
Yep, I caught that a couple days ago. I switched to Qwant. I considered Ecosia but they work through Bing who I do not trust.

Old 03-15-2022, 02:42 AM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This is all well and good but the fact of the matter is that to a great degree the information that people are basing their opinions on is pure agitprop.

Right wing media outlets realize that the more they vilify the left the better they will do. So naturally they do it.
It's why I have been watching India news.

Old 03-15-2022, 02:54 AM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
EXACTLY!!

I never thought I'd see the day when the Far Right in the US would support and identify with a Russian Leader over a sitting American President.

When you consider all the names the Far Right has used for decades to describe Russia, and now this.

Whack.
The most recent YouGov poll shows republicans having a slightly more net negative view of Russia as an enemy than democrats.

I think you are repeating propaganda as Russia has been a democrat political tool to divide for years now, see the Russia collusion hoax. When asked for evidence on this widespread problem democrats provide conflated evidence or exceptions.

Old 03-15-2022, 03:05 AM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
What is the deal with the far left nowadays? Conspiracy theory, after conspiracy theory, etc.

let's look

2000.... the election was STOLEN by a hanging chad
2001....9/11 was an inside job by Buuuush
2004... John Kerry..."those Diebold machines cheated me" (btw Diebold elections was bought out by the new company Dominion but uses the same tech from Diebold)
2008...the recession was caused by Buuuush….even though it was actually because of liberal policies from before bush
2012... the Benghazi "incident" was caused by a video
2016....Hillary Clinton..."I was cheated, I won the popular vote, the EC should not matter"
2020... Covid was caused by trumpo…

its the left that believes in more conspiracy theories than anyone else
Funny, I was a democrat and do still believe in the first three things. But then after Obama's first term, I realized that the people in charge on both the Republican and Democrat sides seem to be championing the same thing. Wars and destroying the middle class.

All I can say is, because I loathe the Bush family, anything they say and do, I will support the exact opposite.

Old 03-15-2022, 03:42 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
conspiracy theory from the right???

so the Russians (Putin) gave many reasons for his (IMO Illegal) invasion of Ukraine...one of them being that "the US has a BioLab with possible biological warfare items in it, and it is a threat to Russia"

now the US Government emphatically DENIED this, stating: we have NOTHING in Ukraine... then just this past week Psaki reverses that statement and says "Yes there is a US Funded "Biological research facility" and we are genuinely concerned if the Russians get a hold of it"

Victoria Nuland testified in a hearing of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that Ukraine has biological research facilities. If there were, or are, that would be a violation of the Biological Weapons Convention.

John Kirby, Pentagon Press Secretary, claims that is not true, and that there are or were no biological research facilities in Ukraine, that it's a "bunch of malarkey," (Biden's favorite phrase).

your point OP point was that this is a rightwing conspiracy....when the fact is that the USA(government) HAS LIED, and spread misinformation and if these facts are to be looked at from a neutral standpoint, can we actually believe anything that is coming from the government and its media guard-dogs

but we all know that you are a left wing nut job, who posts (aka a sockpuppet) FOR the left wing liars

Truth is a far Right conspiracy theory.

Old 03-15-2022, 03:58 AM

7,353 posts, read 3,525,357 times
more gaslighting from the dishonest left wing media. no one supports Russian invasions anywhere.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:07 AM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town View Post
Pleeze do not wave the PROUD. Stars and Stripes... if you mock the US of A.

Your ID is off IMO. I am just a American who is a Moderate.

These are not biological warfare labs. Makes little sense. Then again, if China and Russia has those literally? Guess we should.
Excuse me - what have you been smoking? In 2005 Senator Dick Luga and then Senator Barack Obama worked together on developing a plan to setup a bio-research lab in the Ukraine. In 2010 the facility opened in Odessa Ukraine.

Here's a link to the story which has since been deleted - wonder why?
https://web.archive.org/web/20110522...ens-in-ukraine

None of us - Republican or Democrat knows what the heck goes on in Washington. Neither party is transparent and everything is done under the guise of what's best for the American people.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:27 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,974,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
What is the deal with the far right nowadays? Conspiracy theory, after conspiracy theory, etc. Its gone from COVID to the election to the vaccine and now including Russia. Do you ever tire of all this? This is so different than the Republican party, under Reagan, that I grew up with.

Much of the false information is flourishing in Russian social media, far-right online spaces and U.S. conservative media, including Tucker Carlson’s show on Fox News.

Most of the conspiracy theories claim that the U.S. was developing and plotting to release a bioweapon or potentially another coronavirus from “biolabs”’ throughout Ukraine and that Russia invaded to take over the labs. Many of the theories implicate people who are often the targets of far-right conspiracy thinking — including Dr. Anthony Fauci and President Joe Biden — as being behind creating the weaponized diseases in the biolabs.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/qanon-ukr...135547242.html
Whats scary is all the media has to do is say "this came from Q" or "Russia" and normies will believe them despite there being a ton of evidence otherwise.

There are literally official US government docs on the labs in Ukraine, plus all the others in govt who admitted their existence. In other words your post is flat out wrong.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:32 AM

1,073 posts, read 622,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Dont have/watch cable news. Its all 'outrage tv' mostly. And the nets are sensationalized. But i catch them once in a while. Usually need a vomit sack. It helps to disengage some. I reccomend it to all my people.
Agree about cable news. CNN, FOX, MSNBC... all talking heads, and its not news, its political commentary. Very different than the hard news ABC, NBC, CBS evening programs do.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:33 AM

1,073 posts, read 622,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Very sad...lots of Adolph Putin lovers on here as well.
Yea I'm starting to get the same feel. Again I ask, what in the world is happening to the republican party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies