Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2022, 11:23 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
The answer they wanted was “I am changing every day from each person I encounter who isn’t the same as me. It’s not just race and ethnicity but also mental health and cultural differences between the people I help. Although I am white, I am unique from just anyone else who is white because of my exposure to Virginia down south and New Hampshire up north, both regionally different.”

Like that… what they want is a clinical social worker who cares about things that affect others individually and sub-culturally. They key is to care. You are a care provider and if you don’t care they don’t like that.
Then the appropriate question would have been “how do you address the concerns and needs of people whose culture is different than your own”. If the same question can’t be asked to every single candidate it shouldn’t be asked.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 03-15-2022 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 03:03 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
The correct answer is: "If the black kids don't understand me because I'm white it's their problem. I'm the teacher they're the students, so if they want to pass my class they better learn to understand."
How about "Kiss my arse, fool. How will you defend yourself against my nukkle sammich? You have 20 seconds to respond."

Old 03-15-2022, 04:28 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
She should have looked at the interviewer with a shocked expression and said, in an incredulous voice, "Are you telling me that the black students at this school are so helpless that they can't relate to someone if they don't share the same skin color? What does that say about the quality of this school?" Then she should have walked out and headed over to the lawyer's office.

That is the thing. Black students should be able to handle having a white teacher. What is there that needs to be relatable beyond, here is what the course is about, you are here to learn the material, demonstrate that you have an understanding of it and you get a grade based on your results.

I don't know if the school wants their teachers to also be mentors to the students but one would hope that by the time these kids get to college that they have a firm grasp on navigating through the tough patches of life but maybe they do not.

Still if the hiring professors want to know if the new hires have the ability to shed their white "superiority" so the black kids can relate to them then what about the white students that are forced to relate to a black teacher?

The college is probably approx. 65% white or greater and considering the demands for diversity they have to have a certain percentage of minority professors, right?

I wonder if the same hiring panel that asked this prospect if she could defend her whiteness also asked of any black candidate if they could conduct themselves in the classroom and on campus without throwing out the "race card" ?

I hope she sues because any job interview should be about personality, professionalism and credentials. Race and politics should never enter the conversation.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:01 PM

7,368 posts, read 3,533,397 times
white liberals must think really highly of black people

Old 03-15-2022, 05:29 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I agree. But it's only "Marxist" in the context of stoking "revolution." Racial tension is merely a tool to be used in fomenting anger and bitterness against an existing system. To incite masses to rebel against and destroy that system in favor of one they believe will bring them "justice." But that is an illusion. Once the existing system is destroyed (particularly if it is one that allows dissent and free speech) it can be replaced with a "Marxist" one where only one point of view is tolerated.

The trick is to ...well...trick the revolutionary masses into believing that one point of view is the one they want and to have them cede all power to the leaders of the "revolution." Those leaders can then declare themselves absolute rulers under guise of being the "voices of the people" and it will be to late by the time the "people" realize they have been duped. Witness the 1917 Russian Bolshevik revolution.

And all those commie "revolutions" have followed the same playbook. Mao, Castro, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Min, Ortega et al. Now the neo Dems are trying the tried and true methodology of communist revolution here in the US using race as a catalyst. And ignorant indoctrinated dumber than a bag of hammers and way more useless throngs of young people who are ignorant of history (by design) flock to the "racial justice and equity" banner.

Bleating like the sheep they are for a government that will rescue them and cuddle them and give them their Ba Ba at night. Personally I don't like sheep. The real ones. Wool is their only purpose but I like them more than I do the bipedal species.
This.

This X10

Old 03-15-2022, 05:35 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
There is a black privilege to accuse us of white privilege. The reason we succeed is that we work harder than they do.

Simple as that.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:55 PM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Reprehensible university.
It's a Massachusetts state school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies