Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 05:49 PM
JL

8,515 posts, read 14,456,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Maybe that's OK. Maybe they will finally open their eyes and get rid of bim...
Other countries surrounding Russia excluding Belarus should turn it up a notch by not allowing Russians to flee there. Finland is letting in some Russians who have fled, but i was just thinking if they and other countries decided to not allow Russians in...that would cause a mess in Russia. A Russian refugee crises could happen in the following weeks, months, or year once the economy grinds to a halt. Not allowing Russians to enter these countries will be chaos for Putin.

Russians are good people so it is saddening to see what's happening to them, but maybe something like this will finally get the people to overthrow him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 05:52 PM

2,222 posts, read 975,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
And how much will it knock off the Ukraine economy? Anyone taking vacations to Kyiv or Odesa anytime soon?

You know, for folks who claim to hate propaganda, some of you refuse to see different perspectives of the same exact subject.
I don't think they care right now ...they are fighting for their lives Rocko.

Covid severly impacted the tourism industry for the past 2 years,
still trying to recover today.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:13 PM

56,837 posts, read 25,771,452 times
I see where Belarus is closed to default and their leader met with Putin to work out a trade agreement with both countries, what exactly are they trading. Sounds like desperation.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:21 PM

7,200 posts, read 4,467,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
And how much will it knock off the Ukraine economy? Anyone taking vacations to Kyiv or Odesa anytime soon?

You know, for folks who claim to hate propaganda, some of you refuse to see different perspectives of the same exact subject.
While i am sure it is somewhat propaganda... I do think this will be very bad for Russia.

Why? He lost good will. Most people in the west thought of Russia as our "friends" we don't anymore. We now wonder if they can ever be rehabilitated. If I was McDonalds would I quickly decide to go back knowing that this could happen again, and again? Probably not.

Many people in Russia make money off you tube, instagram, etc... all gone. I follow you tubers who are just crying at the moment because their entire way to make money was you tube and it has been cut off.

Finally one of the reasons the USSR failed is because they couldn't get the economy to work being isolated and that is when they made everything for themselves. The USSR at its peak failed. Now Russia is much more highly entwined with the west...

I just don't see how they are not going to be very damaged. Even if China and India help out.

I think he underestimated the situation and ultimately I think he will pay. Even if they settle this thing tomorrow... the west has been spooked.

I was planning a tourist visit there but no more.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:38 PM

853 posts, read 332,112 times
Putin miscalculated. The end game was a fairytale he convinced himself where Russia is welcomed by most Ukrainians, and after a token resistance and some superficial western sanctions he takes control of Ukraine. It is clear that he has no end game for what is currently happening, because there is no end game that can be seen as a victory for Russia.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:56 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,550,319 times
Recall seeing an interview with someone inside of Russia a few days ago. They said that many of the stores resemble what it looked like right after the Soviet Union fell. Lots of empty shelves, shortages, etc.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:14 PM

46,757 posts, read 25,673,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Care to explain your logic here? Why would Putin care about vacations in Kyiv or Odesa?
Both sides are bad, or something.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I just don't see how they are not going to be very damaged. Even if China and India help out.
With the military ineptness put on display, Putin will be speaking uphill to either of these. There are resources that China would very much like in Siberia. You can bet that the Chinese military is studying the weaknesses in the Russian military with great interest.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:19 PM

32,817 posts, read 12,097,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Madman Adolph Putin sociopath is trying to feed his short man ego...no idea why he invaded killing innocents or what the heck his end game is...not going to end up well for him regardless.
I’ve said to myself a number of times over the last weeks……’would we be here’ if Putin was a foot taller.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:21 PM

a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
Putin miscalculated. The end game was a fairytale he convinced himself where Russia is welcomed by most Ukrainians, and after a token resistance and some superficial western sanctions he takes control of Ukraine. It is clear that he has no end game for what is currently happening, because there is no end game that can be seen as a victory for Russia.
He gave NATO a fresh purpose, we're quite likely about see the alliance expand. And he made Germany re-arm. All the while demonstrating that his military isn't all that, and having the Russian economy nosedive on his watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies