Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2022, 06:18 AM

29,423 posts, read 14,612,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The anti American energy crowd is nothing but a bunch of NIMBY's. They want to save the environment yet they are ok with the oil being tapped in other parts of the world and shipped on tankers across the ocean that pollute the water and run over whales. Does the climate really care where the oil is drilled and used? These are the same type of people that don't have a problem with mowing down a forest to put up solar panels and windmills.

Energy effects us all everyday. We need it to live yet the Dems are poised to ban the best reliable source that we have in favor of technology that is not there yet. Talk about putting the cart before the horse. These people are foolish because they fail to see the big picture.
Banning fossil fuels is dumb.
Forgiving student loan debt is nothing but pandering to their people.

Voting Rights is basic but the Dems are seeking to keep the loopholes open to make fraud possible.

There is nothing wrong with Immigration. The problem is millions of people are not following the existing laws and the Democrats are letting them get away with it.

Biden is an empty suit.
Absolutely spot on. And don't forget the EV owners that smugly look down their noses at others while claiming they are doing their part to save the environment. Conveniently ignoring the amount of pollution mining, refining, and transporting the raw materials does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2022, 06:23 AM

29,423 posts, read 14,612,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Confiscate and ban all private jets and then we'll talk about carbon emissions. No special perks for the ruling class...they have to follow the rules they set for us.
Your post reminds me of a picture I saw the other day. It was of Arnold Schwarzenegger taking a picture with Greta and allegedly supporting her financially (whatever that means). Then another picture of him driving an old school gas guzzling Hummer.

https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...bipartisanship

Old 03-16-2022, 08:01 AM

3,633 posts, read 1,595,127 times
Build Back Better stalled so they have to go the 'emergency' route to bypass the Constitution, congress, liability, accountability...

Anything to keep gas prices artificially too expensive because automakers have agreed to go all electric in 10-15 years? Looks like it. For automakers to go all electric they wanted assurance they'd have consumers rejecting ICE. And, the consumer can't have a choice between ICE or electric.

It's all the BBB plan. The passing of the infrastructure bill will help pay for charging stations and upgrade the power grid. With that the automakers will now switch to all electric and you will not have a choice between ICE or gas.

Old 03-16-2022, 08:01 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,896,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The House Progressive Caucus is anyone who votes for increased spending.

In other words, pretty much the entire Party.

Old 03-16-2022, 08:03 AM

17,588 posts, read 6,886,432 times
How anyone can support the Democrat party is beyond me. Well I understand why government dependents do.

Old 03-16-2022, 08:04 AM

10,795 posts, read 4,496,104 times
and they want to kick puppies and drown kittens as well....get it complete

Old 03-16-2022, 08:10 AM

43,041 posts, read 18,205,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Absolutely spot on. And don't forget the EV owners that smugly look down their noses at others while claiming they are doing their part to save the environment. Conveniently ignoring the amount of pollution mining, refining, and transporting the raw materials does.
I do get a laugh reading how these same people fly around the country on private jets to talk about saving the planet.

Old 03-16-2022, 08:12 AM

37,948 posts, read 17,846,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But it's not only the House that makes rules.

https://progressives.house.gov/about-the-cpc
The Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) is made up of nearly 100 members. It is chaired by Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal (WA-07), alongside CPC Deputy Chair, Congresswoman Katie Porter (CA-45), and CPC Whip, Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (MN-05).
"all bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives but that the Senate may propose, or concur with, amendments."

i am saying that anyone who votes to increase spending is a progressive. Party doesn't matter

Old 03-16-2022, 09:03 AM

21,458 posts, read 10,557,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
How anyone can support the Democrat party is beyond me. Well I understand why government dependents do.
I don’t. They along with everyone else except a handful of elites will be far worse off when these policies are implemented.

Old 03-16-2022, 09:10 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,789,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Wowee wow. I'll say one thing, the Far Left Commie Party sure has some testicular fortitude....particularly for a bunch of feminists. (Although I'm not familiar with how each one "identifies").

But enough (bad) identity politics humor. And on with the Show!

In this episode, we nuke the US economy into oblivion - all to please Greta Thunberg and her puppeteer Klaus.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/03...llions-n536341

In normal times I would just write this off as political bloviating and ignore the "fringe".

But as we've witnessed over the last couple of years, said "fringe" now controls the Democrat Party - and Biden is such an empty suit who knows what the hell he'll do?

I hate to say it, but I would give like a 1 in 4 chance of this actually happening!

93% of drilling is on private land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies