Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 02:03 PM

16,549 posts, read 8,584,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I haven't finished reading everyone's posts & I usually do before commenting, but this tablet is low on juice and I'm gonna get this out before it dies.

I work in this field in NY, directly with the policy quacks whose refusal to stand against a megalomaniac governor resulted in the nursing home deaths. Please allow me to state a few FACTS:

1) This was Cuomo's order, carried out by his yes-man Zucker. It was an order, not a suggestion, not a request. An ORDER.

2) The numbers of actual deaths resulting from this order are in the 12,000 range, NOT 4,000.

3) The lousy excuses as to why hospital ships weren't used is absolute crap. Everyone here in NY that had the pleasure of working for Cuomo knew the one and only reason he didn't use the ships until it was too little, too late. Most of you know also, even if you don't dare admit it. They could have used the ships for any number of hospital patients, covid or not. A little logistical restructuring as soon as those ships arrived could have saved thousands of people, not just nursing home residents.

4) Quit blaming the nursing homes and their directors. By threat of losing their licenses, funding, and authority to operate, they regretfully complied with an executive order. I'm not a fan of many of these facilities for many reasons, but this is one instance where the blame lies squarely on Cuomo and his band of henchmen (gender not specific here, btw). It was sick and twisted, and the day the order popped up on all our computer screens, we KNEW that POS had signed a death warrant for thousands. The protests and arguments against it were daily. The complaints were non-stop.

And here's a non-fact for you, one we all know has a mighty chance at coming to fruition: that piece of crap is going to get back in the political ring again, and enough brainwashed idiots are actually still going to vote for him. Disgusting.
Thanks for expressing an inside perspective, so to speak.

Cuomo's mistake (willful with knowledge of the outcome or not), when juxtaposed to how other governors like DeSantis (who handled elderly residents with covid by sending them to isolated facilities until they were no longer contagious), shows incompetence at best, criminal negligence at worst.

Do I personally think Cuomo intended to kill (or was so ambivalent that many would die) based on his executive order?
Frankly, no.
He might be a power hungry politician who thinks he can do no wrong, despite being a flawed human like the rest of us.

However, instead of doing a mea culpa and apologizing to the families, and the citizens of his state, the narcissistic SOB basked in the MSM limelight and adulation, all the while knowing behind the scenes he screwed up royally.
Even worse he did a book on how to handle a pandemic crisis, as if he was an expect.
That alone should ruin any future political ambitions he had, and if he had a shred of class and dignity, he should apologize to everyone, and remove himself from public life.

Democrats of the past possessed that trait, as have Republicans. However today, most modern Democrats either deny, deflect, or just wait for the controversy to die down, and then start clawing back up the mud hill trying to get to the top again.

Of course the state and national Democrats should also be shamed for trying to protect him to the bitter end.
Worse, even though his sexual harassment allegations should be taken seriously (which was what led to his political demise), when compared to actually causing people to lose their lives, that was a pathetic way for the (D's) to be dragged kicking and screaming in an effort to get rid of him.

To put it crassly, would a guy be more upset with another man if he sexually harassed his wife, or was responsible for the death of his parents?
I don't know about other people, but I as a man can personally deal with and stop someone who sexually harasses a woman in my life.
But there is no putting life back into a dead loved one based on what someone in charge has done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 07:13 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,699 times
I don't live or work in NY and I don't even want that bastard back in office. I hope his Brother loses the lawsuit he filed and never gets hired for any job again.

Actually I hope they both go away from the public and just stay home in retirement even though they belong in prison.

Old 03-18-2022, 10:48 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Wasn’t that why the comfort naval ships were sent? We’re they used?
Because it would prove that Trump was competent and in control, and went to exceptional lengths to aid NYC and their incompetent handling of Covid. Can't have that now, can we? Cuomo lied, nursing home patients died.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:24 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
As part of our lack of systemic Pandemic planning, there was nowhere to more safely place stable and recovering hospitalized Covid patients, to allow room for new and more acute Covid patients. The ships were initially not set up for Covid patients, but to off load non-Covid from NYC. It took some time to make the adjustments, and by then the crisis was on the down swing.
But obviously nursing homes weren’t either, wouldn’t it been better to place non covid patients in nursing homes rather then covid which obviously was more dangerous to vulnerable elderly patients?

Seems like San Francisco used them for covid patients

Old 03-18-2022, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I don't live or work in NY and I don't even want that bastard back in office. I hope his Brother loses the lawsuit he filed and never gets hired for any job again.

Actually I hope they both go away from the public and just stay home in retirement even though they belong in prison.
I presume your talking about Biden, I prefer Trump to Biden any day. Biden is by far worse then Trump on his worse days.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Thanks for expressing an inside perspective, so to speak.

Cuomo's mistake (willful with knowledge of the outcome or not), when juxtaposed to how other governors like DeSantis (who handled elderly residents with covid by sending them to isolated facilities until they were no longer contagious), shows incompetence at best, criminal negligence at worst.

Do I personally think Cuomo intended to kill (or was so ambivalent that many would die) based on his executive order?
Frankly, no.
He might be a power hungry politician who thinks he can do no wrong, despite being a flawed human like the rest of us.

However, instead of doing a mea culpa and apologizing to the families, and the citizens of his state, the narcissistic SOB basked in the MSM limelight and adulation, all the while knowing behind the scenes he screwed up royally.
Even worse he did a book on how to handle a pandemic crisis, as if he was an expect.
That alone should ruin any future political ambitions he had, and if he had a shred of class and dignity, he should apologize to everyone, and remove himself from public life.

Democrats of the past possessed that trait, as have Republicans. However today, most modern Democrats either deny, deflect, or just wait for the controversy to die down, and then start clawing back up the mud hill trying to get to the top again.

Of course the state and national Democrats should also be shamed for trying to protect him to the bitter end.
Worse, even though his sexual harassment allegations should be taken seriously (which was what led to his political demise), when compared to actually causing people to lose their lives, that was a pathetic way for the (D's) to be dragged kicking and screaming in an effort to get rid of him.

To put it crassly, would a guy be more upset with another man if he sexually harassed his wife, or was responsible for the death of his parents?
I don't know about other people, but I as a man can personally deal with and stop someone who sexually harasses a woman in my life.
But there is no putting life back into a dead loved one based on what someone in charge has done.
Cuomo may not have intended to kill elderly patients, but h obviously didn’t ca if they died either.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
If Cuomo had done more to prevent the spread, the Right would have accused him of being a tyrant. The Right already thinks the blue state governors were tyrants for shutting down large parts of the economy during the pandemic.

They were.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:56 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
If Cuomo had done more to prevent the spread, the Right would have accused him of being a tyrant. The Right already thinks the blue state governors were tyrants for shutting down large parts of the economy during the pandemic.
He did that. Hence folks moved and are moving out of that cesspool state in droves. Cuomo, Wolf, Whitmer, etc…, acted like tyrants. I love seeing the tax base from those states shrink. Folks get what they vote for, and even though my primary home is in PA I can afford to watch it happen. We spent most of the plandemic in Florida and it’s been an absolute pleasure compared to PA. On the bright side, Wolf is a memory very soon.

They should all be in jail for throwing positive Covid folks in with negative tested Covid folks along with the clown LeVine. That thing being woman of the year is a disgrace.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:59 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
I thought many conservatives believe covid deaths were over reported by a huge amount and the whole covid death thing is a big hoax. At least that is the claim I read about often.

Old 03-19-2022, 12:05 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I thought many conservatives believe covid deaths were over reported by a huge amount and the whole covid death thing is a big hoax. At least that is the claim I read about often.
Don’t know anyone that called it a hoax. It’s just not the end of the world virus that the fearmongers tried to make it out to be.

It is, however, referred to as the miracle virus. It’s made so many other health issues all but disappear as so much gets chalked up to Covid. There’s a lot of money in it. There’s even 4th boosters being talked about. It’s quite the experimental vaccine, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies