Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 07:54 AM

18,810 posts, read 8,481,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Don’t know anyone that called it a hoax. It’s just not the end of the world virus that the fearmongers tried to make it out to be.

It is, however, referred to as the miracle virus. It’s made so many other health issues all but disappear as so much gets chalked up to Covid. There’s a lot of money in it. There’s even 4th boosters being talked about. It’s quite the experimental vaccine, lol.
It made one other illness, Influenza all but disappear due to Pandemic protocols. Most other major diseases and causes of death were aggravated by Pandemic protocols. Roughly 1/4 - 1/3 excess deaths in the US in 2020 were non-Covid related.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 08:11 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Because it would prove that Trump was competent and in control, and went to exceptional lengths to aid NYC and their incompetent handling of Covid. Can't have that now, can we? Cuomo lied, nursing home patients died.
Sounds like cuomo is evil and will allow/cause vulnerable elderly patients to die for politics. I doubt that he lost any sleep knowing he caused them discomfort and death needlessly.

Old 03-19-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
He did that. Hence folks moved and are moving out of that cesspool state in droves. Cuomo, Wolf, Whitmer, etc…, acted like tyrants. I love seeing the tax base from those states shrink. Folks get what they vote for, and even though my primary home is in PA I can afford to watch it happen. We spent most of the plandemic in Florida and it’s been an absolute pleasure compared to PA. On the bright side, Wolf is a memory very soon.

They should all be in jail for throwing positive Covid folks in with negative tested Covid folks along with the clown LeVine. That thing being woman of the year is a disgrace.
Didn’t he removed his mother before they used nursing homes as hospitals for covid patients or was it before they closed to visitors?

Old 03-19-2022, 08:44 AM

2,673 posts, read 1,192,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I presume your talking about Biden, I prefer Trump to Biden any day. Biden is by far worse then Trump on his worse days.
I was referring to Cuomo. First Andrew then both of the Brothers for different reasons. To this day I can't grasp my mind around any elected official not thinking to have covid patients or the healthy people placed in a facility apart from each other.

I remember Andrew Cuomo saying "who caaares" the way he said sickened me. "who caaares they are already dead, gone you can't do anything about it now" I'm not sure if he use the word dead or gone. Either way he showed no remorse or responsibility. I could see if no one bothered to let him then yes I would blame him but the minute he was informed action to save them should have been immediately take.

It happened in NJ but I don't fully blame Murphy because no one knew what was happening until the bodies were discovered outside by the dumpster. The seniors were dumped out on the street all alone with nowhere to go. I still see that old man standing there on the TV his side view looking scared and confused. God Damn them they just dumped like that Where were their relatives? why weren't they sent to another facility?

I recall they ran out of money to keep more residents there and the virus was to much for the staff to handle all those people. Murphy should have had them placed in another facility. I may have been very difficult to find for the family but not for a Governor. The public screamed help them and Murphy sent back to a death trap without thinking about their safety or the safety of the other residents.

And yes I prefer Trump to Biden too. Trump was loud, rude, not politically correct LOL. But he did a better job and kept other dangerous leaders in check. He knew how to talk to them and let them know don't pull any **** while he is in office or he will bomb them. We were safer with Trump but Pelosi and the other demented Democratic screwballs assumed he would get us killed because they were ass kissers not negotiators.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I was referring to Cuomo. First Andrew then both of the Brothers for different reasons. To this day I can't grasp my mind around any elected official not thinking to have covid patients or the healthy people placed in a facility apart from each other.

I remember Andrew Cuomo saying "who caaares" the way he said sickened me. "who caaares they are already dead, gone you can't do anything about it now" I'm not sure if he use the word dead or gone. Either way he showed no remorse or responsibility. I could see if no one bothered to let him then yes I would blame him but the minute he was informed action to save them should have been immediately take.

It happened in NJ but I don't fully blame Murphy because no one knew what was happening until the bodies were discovered outside by the dumpster. The seniors were dumped out on the street all alone with nowhere to go. I still see that old man standing there on the TV his side view looking scared and confused. God Damn them they just dumped like that Where were their relatives? why weren't they sent to another facility?

I recall they ran out of money to keep more residents there and the virus was to much for the staff to handle all those people. Murphy should have had them placed in another facility. I may have been very difficult to find for the family but not for a Governor. The public screamed help them and Murphy sent back to a death trap without thinking about their safety or the safety of the other residents.

And yes I prefer Trump to Biden too. Trump was loud, rude, not politically correct LOL. But he did a better job and kept other dangerous leaders in check. He knew how to talk to them and let them know don't pull any **** while he is in office or he will bomb them. We were safer with Trump but Pelosi and the other demented Democratic screwballs assumed he would get us killed because they were ass kissers not negotiators.

Cuomo is so evil, it hurts my heart how he treated the elderly, he should be jailed and pension taken away for what he had done. He knew what he was doing to them and didn’t care.

Old 03-19-2022, 10:55 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Didn’t he removed his mother before they used nursing homes as hospitals for covid patients or was it before they closed to visitors?
Yep

Old 03-19-2022, 11:20 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I thought many conservatives believe covid deaths were over reported by a huge amount and the whole covid death thing is a big hoax. At least that is the claim I read about often.
With all due respect: you thought wrong. Very few people of any political persuasion thought the virus was or is a hoax. Both sides do a fine job of allowing the smallest be the loudest. The hoax that the former POTUS spoke of is the accusations thrown at him by his haters, & by now so many are aware of that, it's become a joke. Most of the accusations were proven false, and many have since been retracted in national media (e.g. NYT, WSJ, USA Today, etc.). I agree w/ Blues4evr - Trump was better than Biden - no matter how much the guy made me wish he hadn't said "(insert your choice here)".

It has also been a legitimate question as to deaths worldwide being reported as from covid vs. with covid, and not worth the argument. What is not in question is the number of deaths in nursing homes throughout NYS that would have not have occurred had Cuomo not issued an executive order sealing their fate.

And I keep reading defenses here of the hospital ships not being used. Toyman at Jewel Lake, you are spot on as to why they weren't used. It should matter to no one what they were earmarked for - they should have been used in any number of ways as soon as they pulled in. That anyone can still argue that point just reminds me why I need to go back to my personal rule of limiting my debate on CD......loyalty to one's political beliefs has become irretrievably detrimental to this country.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:20 AM

So he knew they were going to place covid patients and puts them in danger.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:57 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
...However, instead of doing a mea culpa and apologizing to the families, and the citizens of his state, the narcissistic SOB basked in the MSM limelight and adulation, all the while knowing behind the scenes he screwed up royally.
Even worse he did a book on how to handle a pandemic crisis, as if he was an expect.
That alone should ruin any future political ambitions he had, and if he had a shred of class and dignity, he should apologize to everyone, and remove himself from public life......
And that is the real salt in the wound. He is so arrogant and full of himself, saying nothing is of the table where his political future is concerned. Vanity, thy name is Cuomo.

Old 03-19-2022, 12:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
No question, NYC was hit hard by Covid. There were initially more incoming than beds available.

As I understand it, NY, like many states, required nursing homes to readmit Covid infected residents when the nursing home had the ability to isolate them and employees had adequate PPE.

Most nursing homes are privately owned and a majority of income is dependent upon Medicaid. How many of these homes actually had the space to isolate? We know with certainty hospitals did not have adequate PPE, let alone private nursing homes.

We also know NYC was the first to be hit hard by Covid and initially there were more incoming than beds available.

The former Governor disclosed daily counts of new infections and deaths attributed to Respiratory complications attributed to Covid. Many did not believe the numbers being reported.

I have no idea why the Cuomo Admin chose to undercount Covid deaths in nursing homes. It makes no sense beyond that hospital beds were rationed to those most likely to survive. Once the JaviT Center opened, there were more beds. There have to be reasons, beyond being told.

As it relates to nursing homes everywhere , the protocol eventually evolved into a lockdown. Residents were not allowed to leave and family was not allowed to visit. Yet, Covid continued to infect vulnerable residents. Obviously the employees brought Covid through the doors with every shift change. Fast forward to 2021 and vaccines, the vaccination rate amongst nursing home employees was only about 20%, nationally.

We now know that 88-90% of those who died of Covid complications in 2021 were not vaccinated.

Most US hospitals mandated vaccines months before Biden did. The number of employees who declined was a fraction of 1% and not all were clinical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies