Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 08:59 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What Putin really accomplished here is to show the west that the Russian army is nothing but a paper tiger that would be defeated in two days by NATO. All he has left is nuclear chicken.
It takes two to play chicken. No room for the US in such a scenario.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:11 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Wasn't me, but would you support war if Putin later decides that he wants Poland, and then anything else he can think of he can have?
Support the Constitution. Anyone who wants to fight can leave and go over there to fight.

Anyone who thinks Putin will go into Poland isn't paying attention. Put guns next door to me, point them in my direction, there's going to be a fight.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
What Putin really accomplished here is to show the west that the Russian army is nothing but a paper tiger that would be defeated in two days by NATO. All he has left is nuclear chicken.
Thanks for pointing out why a country should never give up their nukes like Ukraine did. What a bunch of idiots.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:13 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Actually, he is doing Americans a favor using his money, material and troops. That favor would be showing how stupid the US brand of "careful" warfare is, without using American resources in the process.

Careful warfare in the age of social media instant global propaganda is galactically stupid. Putin is helping everyone outside of Russia understand that, and he's doing it on his dime/time. Either do nothing or go scorched freaking Earth, but don't fight wars like post-Vietnam era America.

He is accomplishing that - proof positive that polite warfare is a loser's strategy.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:16 AM

2,284 posts, read 636,343 times
Putin is a long ways from winning anything.

His invasion of Ukraine is going slower and rougher than initially expected. The sanctions are biting more than he expected (I think).

He was always a paranoid guy, I bet now he sleeps with 1 eye open. Putin may not escape this with life, but if he escapes it with his life, he definitely will lose his mind.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:17 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Wasn't me, but would you support war if Putin later decides that he wants Poland, and then anything else he can think of he can have?
I'll never "support" volunteering others to go get killed for any reason.

If the fight comes to my suburb on the east side of Cleveland, I'll make my choice for me and my family, but I'll never yell rah rah to send someone else off to get killed. There is no cause righteous enough for me to be cavalier about another person's life.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Putin is a long ways from winning anything.

His invasion of Ukraine is going slower and rougher than initially expected. The sanctions are biting more than he expected (I think).

He was always a paranoid guy, I bet now he sleeps with 1 eye open. Putin may not escape this with life, but if he escapes it with his life, he definitely will lose his mind.
Putin would already be gone, if these sanctions and restrictions on the Oligarchs were truly having any impact

Old 03-17-2022, 09:28 AM

2,284 posts, read 636,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Putin would already be gone, if these sanctions and restrictions on the Oligarchs were truly having any impact
This is shallow analysis

Old 03-17-2022, 09:31 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Give them time.
One by one the mega yachts of Russian oligarchs are being impounded and their lives being interrupted. Putin is one of the richest men in the world. It'll take time to bring him down. Actually his friends and the Russian citizens will need to do it.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:35 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Russians are chess players. You have to remember that every time you deal with them. Biden is barely a checkers player. All he does is react. He has no clear plan on anything.

Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis. The Russians thought they could negotiate to get us to remove missiles from Turkey for them removing missiles from Cuba. JFK completely turned the tables on them. That’s what you have to do when dealing with them.

Instead of loudly protesting the Russian build up of forces on the border for a month and declaring publicly we would not defend Ukraine we could have just moved a large force into Poland and called it military exercises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies