Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 09:23 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The medical establishment has marched in lockstep on COVID-19, presenting a consensus of expertise as they marginalized physicians who had different opinions. Two years into the pandemic, it’s fair to ask, how did public health officials do?

Surface transmission - Wash your hands like crazy (at least 20 seconds) and pour alcohol-based solutions on your grocery bags to stop COVID transmission, you were told for months. Despite being an expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci immediately applied the influenza surface transmission model to COVID. The logical starting hypothesis should have been that COVID was aerosolized.

There are only three coronaviruses that cause serious illness in humans: SARS, MERS and COVID. SARS and MERS spread by air. Why did Dr. Fauci think COVID was so different? The NIH could have done the definitive experiment in one day to get the answer. It’s OK to be wrong in science, but not for months when the National Institutes of Health could have spent a fraction of its $42 billion budget to instantly establish how COVID spreads.

No hospital visitation - The barbaric policy of banning loved ones from holding the hand of their dying loved one and saying goodbye was a human rights violation that spanned much of the pandemic. All the so-called experts and the medical establishment were complicit, allowing this cruel policy to be instituted while abandoning their duty to respect the dignity of human life. As a physician, I can assure you there are things worse than dying.
Link: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/10-b...r-marty-makary

Great work by Dr. Marty Makarty.

The Democrat Party activists posing as public health experts need to be held accountable for what they did to society for the past 2 years. That includes Fauci, Walensky, Wen, Redfield, and all the other liars at the CDC and NIH.

Last edited by RowingFiend; 03-17-2022 at 09:41 AM..

Old 03-17-2022, 09:25 AM

9,507 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Are you familiar with the phrase "hindsight is 20/20"?

Old 03-17-2022, 09:25 AM

7,363 posts, read 3,529,717 times
not being able to visit loved ones as they are dying/have little time left is cruel and is not rooted in any logic whatsoever

Old 03-17-2022, 09:33 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

The Democrat Party activists posing as public health experts need to be held accountable for what they did to society for the past 2 years. That includes Fauci, Walensky, Wen, Redfield, and all the other liars at the CDC and NIH.
Quote:
Surface transmission - Wash your hands like crazy (at least 20 seconds) and pour alcohol-based solutions on your grocery bags to stop COVID transmission, you were told for months. Despite being an expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci immediately applied the influenza surface transmission model to COVID. The logical starting hypothesis should have been that COVID was aerosolized.
Along those lines ... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...9-was-n1239658

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward in a Feb. 7 phone call.

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump told Woodward, according to The Post. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”

The book says Trump was given dire warnings in January about the virus that would lead to a worldwide pandemic in March.

If Trump knew Feb 7, then surely Fauci and the rest knew then.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:42 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
not being able to visit loved ones as they are dying/have little time left is cruel and is not rooted in any logic whatsoever
Dealing with a new and almost unknown serious airborne viral pathogen in the acute hospital setting was very unnerving for all, including the close in medical staff. Early on they had great fears and difficulty in even protecting themselves from the virus and from their patients. Tragic as it certainly was, it was typically way too worrisome, chaotic and a stretch to allow visitors close in.

I'm saying this as a retired internist, whose wife was hospitalized and nearly died from Covid early in the Pandemic, Mar/Apr 2020. And even I wasn't allowed in.

Edit: Do people think that these close in medical workers weren't compelled to wash their hands religiously?

Old 03-17-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
Along those lines ... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...9-was-n1239658

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward in a Feb. 7 phone call.

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump told Woodward, according to The Post. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”

The book says Trump was given dire warnings in January about the virus that would lead to a worldwide pandemic in March.

If Trump knew Feb 7, then surely Fauci and the rest knew then.
They knew what they were doing and they knew it was for political reasons and not public health reasons.

I want an avalanche of FOIA requests to see what exactly these liars were saying in their e-mails and text messages. I would bet my retirement that the CDC was collaborating with the DNC about the pandemic response.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Dealing with a new and almost unknown serious airborne viral pathogen in the acute hospital setting was very unnerving for all, including the close in medical staff. Early on they had great fears and difficulty in even protecting themselves from the virus and from their patients. Tragic as it certainly was, it was typically way too worrisome, chaotic and a stretch to allow visitors close in.

I'm saying this as a retired internist, whose wife was hospitalized and nearly died from Covid early in the Pandemic, Mar/Apr 2020. And even I wasn't allowed in.
If the dying individual and those who wish to see that person on their deathbed are willing to assume the risks, the government has no right to interfere with that. Neither does anyone else, including rubber stamps for whatever the government wants to do during a pandemic. That includes retired internists.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:50 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Nuremberg 2.0

BRING IT!!!

Old 03-17-2022, 09:52 AM

1,174 posts, read 550,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

Yup they all should swing high from the trees broadcasted to the entire world. I missed my dads funeral in April 2020 because of this $hit.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:56 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post

Edit: Do people think that these close in medical workers weren't compelled to wash their hands religiously?
It made sense early on, but those restrictions remained long past the first wave.

Don't forget, for months the restrictions didn't just apply to Covid patients. Expectant fathers weren't in the delivery room. Those recovering from surgery couldn't have visitors.

I have a friend, late 30's, whose mother died from Covid in December '21. Despite being fully-vaxxed, she still could not be in the room, instead said goodbye via iPad from the other side of the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies