Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 06:16 PM

23,555 posts, read 12,517,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Absolutely he should be held responsible if he committed a crime. What would be his advantage in lying about where he lived? If he's guilty, there must have been a reason. You know the President's Chief of Staff has a real residence (and it's almost certainly not a single-wide), so simply register and vote where you live.

I'm pretty much sick of politicians in both parties doing such things, and the list is a mile long of misdeeds. I don't think that's what the founding fathers intended.
I agree. Put the msm in along with being sick of their mile long list of misdeeds. With their running false narratives as truth about those on the right, the Russian collusion bs for example, I've begun to just wait and see what finally shakes out when the narrative is about someone on the right.

Old 04-17-2022, 06:17 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,505,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
This is from the paper today:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opini...wxm-story.html

I thought conservatives wanted to prosecute vote fraud? They won't even discuss this case.
It’s a state issue and not a federal issue.
Fox is misleading you.
If you want to argue that the Feds should investigate, I am sure that you will have 50 governors all over you and Fox.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:54 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
It’s a state issue and not a federal issue.
Fox is misleading you.
Unlike many other news outlets, Fox has not covered this issue. Not the initial charges and not when NC cancelled the voting registration of Meadows. Crickets.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
But up to now there's absolutely no proof of wrongdoing. Hearsay and uninformed opinions/guesses are not proof.
Let me give you a little history about conservatives and proof. Remember Watergate? Initially the Republicans said they didn't believe the allegations. Then after some months they said where's the proof, where's the proof? After about a year, they started to complain that: "Too much time is being wasted on this. Legislators should legislate."

You can see how this pattern replicates itself with Trump, January 6 and Mark Meadows.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Let me give you a little history about conservatives and proof. Remember Watergate? Initially the Republicans said they didn't believe the allegations. Then after some months they said where's the proof, where's the proof? After about a year, they started to complain that: "Too much time is being wasted on this. Legislators should legislate."

You can see how this pattern replicates itself with Trump, January 6 and Mark Meadows.
Did you believe the fake Russia collusion narrative without question? Which is far more recent than Watergate. I know you fell for the leftist media intentional misleading "very fine people on both sides", since you had mentioned it earlier today. Just the tip of the iceberg.

It doesn't appear that you have much room to point fingers.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Did you believe the fake Russia collusion narrative without question? Which is far more recent than Watergate. I know you fell for the leftist media intentional misleading "very fine people on both sides", since you had mentioned it earlier today. Just the tip of the iceberg.

It doesn't appear that you have much room to point fingers.
You repeat yourself and deflect. You post sounds awfully defensive.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
You repeat yourself and deflect. You post sounds awfully defensive.
yawn

Old 04-18-2022, 04:44 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
It seems that Meadows and his wife just lied about where they lived.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...investigation/

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...did-not-reside

Did he live in a trailer in NC? The owner of the trailer says he never spent a night there. Meadows ain't talking. Let's see how the state deals with real voter fraud.
Witch . Hunt . Continues

Old 04-18-2022, 05:23 AM

57,265 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Seems harsh.
Why doesn’t he just admit he did something wrong? Why is always about doubling down and blaming others?
I think we would all have more respect if there was a story behind this that he was willing to tell. I’m sure it’s not some grand plan to cheat the government but there is a reasonable explaination - even if it is a little sketchy.
Just be honest and transparent. We would all respect the truth more than the silent treatment or building a web of lies. Sheesh.
A woman on supervised work release from prison in Texas was sentenced to 5 years for filing a provisional ballot even though a poll worker assisted her.

No question that Meadows did this intentionally, why would he change his primary residence to a trailer when he has a house that is his primary residence. Meadows was a big supporter of the voter fraud conspiracy, wide spread mail-in ballots led to fraud.

Quote:
The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals said Wednesday that it will consider an appeal from Crystal Mason, a Texas woman sentenced to five years behind bars for casting a provisional ballot in the 2016 election.

Mason was on supervised release from prison in 2016 when she went to the polls. She wasn't on the voter rolls, and instead cast a provisional ballot with the help of a poll worker. Local officials determined she was ineligible due to her 2011 tax fraud conviction, and her ballot was not counted. Prosecutors later charged her with knowingly voting illegally.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...ppeal-n1262691

Last edited by Goodnight; 04-18-2022 at 05:33 AM..

Old 04-18-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Witch . Hunt . Continues
Tell that to the NC State Board of Elections. They seem to believe that at the very least, Meadows does not qualify to vote there, as he alleges. So they erased his name from the voter rolls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Come back when you have REPUTABLE sources!
Research the ad hominem fallacy. Are the reports accurate or not? The NC officials seem to credit them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies