Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 03:49 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times

Advertisements

It seems that Meadows and his wife just lied about where they lived.

Quote:
State investigators in North Carolina are probing Mark Meadows over his voter registration, after news organizations reported that the former White House chief of staff registered to vote in 2020 using the address of a mobile home he has never lived in.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...investigation/

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...did-not-reside

Did he live in a trailer in NC? The owner of the trailer says he never spent a night there. Meadows ain't talking. Let's see how the state deals with real voter fraud.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:10 PM

6,108 posts, read 3,344,280 times
I’m a person who lives a nomadic type of lifestyle, working in many places around the world throughout the year.

I’m a resident of Arizona, used to own a home there, but sold it. When I’m there, which isn’t very often, I stay in hotels. I don’t really have a permanent “physical address” for very long.

So do you have to own property to vote in NC or any state? Do you have to physically reside in the state to vote?

I pay state taxes in Arizona, isn’t that enough? I’m assuming he pays NC taxes as well.

As far as his trailer, if he pays rent on it, or if someone lets him “stay there” for free, is he required to be there at all?

The reason I ask all of this is because this story seems like a politically driven hit piece.

Many of us don’t fit into the old construct of working and residing in a single state.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
As far as his trailer, if he pays rent on it, or if someone lets him “stay there” for free, is he required to be there at all?
In a word, yes. Remember. Meadows affirmed under oath that he lived at the address.
Quote:
On a line that asked for his residential address—“where you physically live,” the form instructs—Meadows wrote down the address of a fourteen-by-sixty-two-foot mobile home in Scaly Mountain. He listed his move-in date for this address as the following day, September 20th. Meadows does not own this property and never has. It is not clear that he has ever spent a single night there.

I think it is obvious that he just lied. He won't provide any explanation for his actions now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
The reason I ask all of this is because this story seems like a politically driven hit piece.
It is the state that is doing the investigation. NC is not known for political persecutions of conservatives. Check the links provided or research Meadows and his voting problems.

Old 03-18-2022, 12:34 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
It seems that Meadows and his wife just lied about where they lived.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...investigation/

Did he live in a trailer in NC? The owner of the trailer says he never spent a night there. Meadows ain't talking. Let's see how the state deals with real voter fraud.

"The first renter, she said, was Debbie Meadows, who, according to the former owner, reserved the house for two months at some point within the past few years—she couldn’t remember exactly when—but only spent one or two nights there. The Meadowses’ kids had visited the place, too, she said."

So the wife paid money to rent a mobile home and apparently has no other permanent residence.

Doesn't that make the mobile home her last known address?

If I become homeless after living in a house and registering to vote at that address, do I lose my right to vote because I have no fixed address?

Old 03-18-2022, 02:41 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
I find this so terribly interestizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 03-18-2022, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So the wife paid money to rent a mobile home and apparently has no other permanent residence.

Doesn't that make the mobile home her last known address?
Its a leap to say that the wife rented the place. She 'reserved' it? What does that mean. Intent is a large part of the law as to residence.

I remember when the conservatives had their shorts all in a knot and said that Rahm no longer lived in Chicago while he owned a home there and left a lot of his possessions in a storage room in the house.

If you read the two articles it becomes clear that Meadows never spent a night at the address that was supposed to be his home and verified, under oath, that he had resided there 30 days prior to the election.

This is the president's chief of staff who went on about election fraud, and he's lying about being a state resident so he can vote there! That's just wrong.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:37 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
What's the left worried about, that they would bring this up now?

Old 03-18-2022, 09:41 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
This guy's got a blind spot.

Did he think he could get away with this, from the high profile position he occupies? No one would ever notice?

Old 03-18-2022, 10:28 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
In a word, yes. Remember. Meadows affirmed under oath that he lived at the address.

I think it is obvious that he just lied. He won't provide any explanation for his actions now.

It is the state that is doing the investigation. NC is not known for political persecutions of conservatives. Check the links provided or research Meadows and his voting problems.
If that is his primary residence...that's all that is needed

Old 03-18-2022, 10:46 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Its a leap to say that the wife rented the place. She 'reserved' it? What does that mean. Intent is a large part of the law as to residence.
"A leap", "Reserved"? Your second link outright stated that the wife "rented" the place.
Quote:
I remember when the conservatives had their shorts all in a knot and said that Rahm no longer lived in Chicago while he owned a home there and left a lot of his possessions in a storage room in the house.
Voters are not required to "own" a home to vote. The writers of the articles keep bringing up that he doesn't "own" the property, probably only to muddy the waters.
Quote:
If you read the two articles it becomes clear that Meadows never spent a night at the address that was supposed to be his home and verified, under oath, that he had resided there 30 days prior to the election.
"Clear"? No, it's not clear. Stop guessing.

The original owner lives in another state and hadn't been to the property in years. The owner had also mentioned that "she had “nobody to go up there with anymore.”". She has no clue if he ever stayed in that home.

The wife rented the place. The neighbor, who lives a good distance away, stated that the wife, and kids, would visit with her while the wife was living "down the road". The neighbor did not say that the wife told them her husband never stayed there. The area is almost a forest of trees with small hills and valleys so it's doubtful that even if that neighbor parked her butt at the window 24/7 she would be able to notice who is or who isn't showing up at that home.

It was so rural that there was no mailbox and the Meadows used a PO box, which was where the voter registration card was sent to and where it was picked up from.
Quote:
This is the president's chief of staff who went on about election fraud, and he's lying about being a state resident so he can vote there! That's just wrong.
You have completely failed to prove your claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies