Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 03:31 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,668 times

Advertisements

republicans splitting, isolationist vs RINO..ITS NOT 1930 ANYMORE

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ali...125207180.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 03:41 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,887,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
republicans splitting, isolationist vs RINO..ITS NOT 1930 ANYMORE

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ali...125207180.html
It’s a reckoning for the non-red hat republicans, and I think so far good is outweighing evil and the GOP is overall on the side of the free world, and not the evil dictator Putin.

And make no mistake, staying out of things is basically doing Putin’s bidding. Like hitler in 1939. We cannot make the same error again. It would make WW3 much worse if we let Putin win this one.

Old 03-21-2022, 03:44 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Republicans have been split, not just now.

I voted for Ron Paul - because a) he wanted us to follow the Constitution, which many in government are not doing, and b) because he was an isolationist.

I'm tired of wars. I'm tired of all the killing. And I'm really f-en tired of the United States acting like they are innocent angels, when they are one of the biggest killers on the planet.

As I said before, I love this country, I hate our government.

I'm no longer a Republican. I'm very Conservative, but I'm now under the 'Constitution Party'. The RINOs and the Dems can both kiss my ass.

Old 03-21-2022, 03:46 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Another false label to vilainize your opponent. 'America first' is not isolationism.
Ukraine has certainly shaded the democrats utter failure to work for Americans.

Old 03-21-2022, 03:56 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,557,396 times
I find the term RINO to be pure antipodal propaganda, since it is the so-called RINO that are still embracing the traditional Republican platform whereas the non-RINO are the ones clearly diverging in policy. It's a form of cultural conformity trying to pull the party to a Trumpist dogma. You can see a comparable action on the left with their (daft) defund the police movement.

Old 03-21-2022, 04:15 PM

4,912 posts, read 2,062,076 times
I support the America first policies of Trump and the majority of the Republican not isolationist and know that you have to face evil with might. But, to be militarily ready if challenged. The Rhino element is history within the Republican Party.

People will claim that the United States are the main perpetrators of death on this planet, which is clearly false. Are we responsible for some? Yes, but can you image what the death rate would be if Russia or China was the sole Superpower? Since the United States assumed the role of a Superpower, we hadn’t had a major or global war. So say what you want, but you can’t argue the truth. Being a 30 year military veteran who served in war and detest it, but know that you have to fight when forced to.

The Rhinos are aligned with the Democrats and you are blind or a liar if you don’t think Biden’s weakness is pushing us into a global conflict.

Sorry, but I will be voting for Trump again, if he runs is 2024 and accept that his personal flaws since his policies were good for the American people. If not Trump, than DeSantis.

Old 03-21-2022, 04:19 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Democrats used to be the same. That's why they elected an outsider in Obama in 2008. After he turned out to be an other establishment war hawk in dove clothing, the party gave up and got behind Hillary and Biden but they used to be really anti endless wars and endless occupations. The parties have shifted again.

Old 03-21-2022, 04:23 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post

And make no mistake, staying out of things is basically doing Putin’s bidding. Like hitler in 1939. We cannot make the same error again. It would make WW3 much worse if we let Putin win this one.

Is that you John Bolton. He never met a war or an occupation he didn't like. I hope you have stocks in weapons making corporations, at least get paid for others to kill and die. At least I would understand more your angle.

Old 03-21-2022, 04:43 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,173,926 times
It's definitely an interesting reversal for the Republicans from Bush's hard stance that American doesn't negotiate with terrorists to Trump's surrendering to the Taliban in Afghanistan. I mean, the Taliban claims its a reformed, gentler, friendly Taliban. Definitely not the Taliban that hijacked planes to fly into the Twin Towers that Trump surrendered to. Maybe.

Old 03-21-2022, 05:36 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
No different than the modern monetary theorists who want unlimited QE to keep their asset bubbles inflated versus the fiscal conservatives who want all zombie companies and "too big to fails" go bankrupt... I suppose the RINOs are the former and the isolationists (or non interventionists) are more likely to be the later.

I'm fine with global trade and commerce, just not one world governments because I don't trust human nature. Human nature dictates such a system would eventually collapse because of karens overstepping their authority, promising too much, micromanaging too much, or, just plain corruption within and without... as a species we are wired to want maximum outputs for minimum inputs. (something for nothing)

It's inevitable that we see a collapse and rebuild. It's just a matter of when. The elites could trigger WW3 right now and get it over with, and then we could potentially usher in a new golden era... hopefully with new leadership and not the same corrupt swamp trash that resides in the US government right now. Today at work confirmed the fact we have a crisis of inept management right now though... I'm not sure today's young people are ready to take leadership roles.. the middle aged ones, people around my age, surely don't seem to be. Maybe that's why there's so many old farts in leadership positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies