Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 08:54 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
If you are vaccinated then how can you spread it? I’ve had all kinds the vaccines and don’t worry about catching or spreading measles, polio, shingles etc….. yet this vaccine one can still catch and spread covid and having to get another booster shot every 4 months isn’t a effective vaccine. Your post just proves I’m right.
COVID is a disease of the mind.

It's convinced a lot of people to believe in lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 08:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And I would bet that they weren't wearing a helmet. But it's all about safety and protection...right?
I honestly don't recall.

But I remember thinking: tourist.

Old 03-18-2022, 08:58 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
That's where immune systems do a stellar job of protecting their owners from the "germz" floating out there and allegedly emanating from the populace around us. That and common sense measures such as judicious handwashing, covering one's nose, mouth in the event of sneezes or coughs.
And this goes back to me saying that people are DISGUSTING! Do you really think EVERYONE out there is washing their hands and covering their mouth when they sneeze or cough? Maybe you and I do, but not everyone out there does! And that's why the outside world is a germ fest and why we have to go through colds and flu every year.

I feel like I have zero immunity. Like I said, before Covid started, I would have sore throats, cold and flu annually. Most of the time I get it twice a year, but at a minimum, I got it at least once in the Fall, but may occasionally get a second one during late winter. It sucks because when I have a cold, my nose never stops running and I have to blow my nose every 30 seconds to the point where my nose becomes raw and red! And why should I have to go through that again? Because I can't do something simple like putting a mask on??

Old 03-18-2022, 08:58 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Honestly, is COVID cowardice still a thing?
oh, it is very much still a thing.

I saw a FB post yesterday decrying a NC bill that left masking up to the parents. While the bill was flawed (and vetoed) because it gave government no ability to require masks during the "next pandemic" when we *might* need them, that wasn't the person's complaint. Their complaint was they "wanted to protect my 2 children by requiring a mask and vaccine mandate for everyone".

Old 03-18-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
ok, now we know you're just trolling, or completely ignorant.
You have got to be joking. Maybe you live in FL where everyone acts as if Covid doesn't exist, but here in NYC, MAJORITY of people are wearing masks outside!

I admit, it might be ok to take off your mask if there aren't a lot of people around. But if you're in a densely populated area where there are a lot of people around you, then yes, a virus can still spread outdoors!

Old 03-18-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The only masks that work against Covid are the N95s.
If you are a senior, have health issues or are concerned with getting Covid —wear an N95 mask….
correct. But Fauci etal want us ALL to be masked up in N95's anytime we're indoors in public, and at crowded outdoor events.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
correct. But Fauci etal want us ALL to be masked up in N95's anytime we're indoors in public, and at crowded outdoor events.
That is why my mom triple masks- she wear one surgical mask, then a KN95 on top of that and an N95 on top of that.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:05 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Stuffed in pockets then put back on the face. Dangling from rear view mirrors. Not sealed in any way, properly. Not worn properly. If a molecule bigger than the virus can still make it through the mask, well, guess what? The mask isn't stopping any virus or droplets.
That's me. I virtue signal. If some business says masks required, I pull one of the rumpled ones in the used clump out of my purse and put it on. I don't argue, I just stuff it on like a pair of gloves and shop or whatever. I am way too tired of the discussion to even want to put much thought into it.

Too many world/life issues going on to care or worry about people wearing masks or not. If people want to wear them, good on them. If not, they don't have to. Masked people can distance from unmasked.

An exception: Husb ran into an older gentleman from church whose wife and he had not been to church for 2 years because they were frightened. No one was wearing masks and they were afraid of covid. A sweet and precious elderly couple. I told my husb we would wear masks to church while the mandates or high cases were going around. So until recently, (cases down, mandates lifted) we went masked for that reason alone.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
COVID is a disease of the mind.

It's convinced a lot of people to believe in lies.
one thing it's surely done is create anxiety on many of those who had good mental health, and exposed the anxiety and mental weaknesses of many.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
That's me. I virtue signal. If some business says masks required, I pull one of the rumpled ones in the used clump out of my purse and put it on. I don't argue, I just stuff it on like a pair of gloves and shop or whatever. I am way too tired of the discussion to even want to put much thought into it.
That's why even if I wanted to go maskless, I'd still be afraid to. Because not all businesses clearly state whether masks are required or not. Most places either don't have a sign at all or they still have their "masks required" sign that they never took down when the mandate was dropped.

I went to the Nintendo store a few weeks ago and I did not see any "masks required" sign upon entrance. But lucky for me, I always wear one anyway. But some people took it upon themselves to not wear a mask and employees were literally yelling at people left and right to put a mask on!

The whole masks optional thing is so damn confusing, when you think about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies