Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 02:00 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I've been working from home for over two years, so my job doesn't require me to be at risk for exposing myself to many different people all day everyday. But I'm quite surprised to see many workers out there, whether it be salesmen at Macy's or Best Buy or cashiers at a store, supermarket or fast food restaurant, who aren't afraid to go maskless. They are out there everyday interacting with strangers (people who could be carriers of all sorts of illnesses) and they are not afraid to be maskless. What is up with that? And most importantly, how do these people not contract any sickness, especially something as contagious as Omicron?

Many of use haven't had the luxury of sitting at home on our asses for the past two years.

We've been living and working out here the whole time to enable you to wear a hole in your couch cushions.

We're over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 02:00 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
Well you're not going to like this but here it is...

https://www.wcvb.com/article/we-bett...dates/39142283

And if the pandemic is truly "coming to an end" then fine, ok not to wear a mask. But how do you know THIS TIME that it is truly coming to an end?? Remember last year, before Delta hit us, cases were going down and we thought this pandemic was coming to a close?? And then cases spiked up again when Delta and Omicron hit us? How can you be so certain we won't get hit with a new variant that won't cause another surge?? They're already talking about an Omicron sub-variant and also a Delta/Omicron hybrid variant called "Deltacron" that is starting to circulate. Do you think that's not a cause for concern??

Yeah, I saw Fauci in tears from being able to finally come back on TV to talk about it. And did you notice how the only ones who seem to care are him and the CDC? Hell, even Fauci said he's upset that Washington isn't listening to him and are continuing to rollback mandates. They don't care about the pandemic anymore. Mid-terms will be here before you know it; Dems know they have to move forward.

The harsh reality is there will always be variants. We should've never locked down for this virus and that's one of the many reasons why. It's time to start enjoying life again. Live a healthy lifestyle, see your doctor for yearly checkups, and take care of yourself as best as you can. That's all we can do.

No one is stopping you from living like it's March of 2020. By all means, go for it.

Old 03-18-2022, 02:05 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Because given my age, level of physical fitness, and medical history, my risk of anything consequential resulting from catching this virus is effectively zero. And this risk diminishes every day that passes. I was born with an immune system. I'm sure as hell going to use it. Ditched the masks a year ago, and I'm never going back to them. I'm done.

I don't hide from the common cold, or allergies, or the seasonal flu either.

Old 03-18-2022, 02:08 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Is this thread even relevant anymore?

Old 03-18-2022, 02:15 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Many of use haven't had the luxury of sitting at home on our asses for the past two years.

We've been living and working out here the whole time to enable you to wear a hole in your couch cushions.

We're over it.

Not to get this thread off topic, but working from home is no walk in the park either. Having to stay in front of your computer for 10+ hours per day at home doing nothing but wracking your brain without being able to go out and get a breathe of fresh air can take a toll on one's mental health! At least when we were back in the office, we got to go out with our colleagues and break for lunch or even just step out with people to grab a cup of coffee. But not anymore!

Computer work is not fun and games. It's never end mind games that requires a lot of thinking and because of that, we could sure you some social interaction and going out every now and then to clear our heads!

Old 03-18-2022, 02:29 PM

610 posts, read 264,127 times
Quote:
Not to get this thread off topic, but working from home is no walk in the park either. Having to stay in front of your computer for 10+ hours per day at home doing nothing but wracking your brain without being able to go out and get a breathe of fresh air can take a toll on one's mental health! At least when we were back in the office, we got to go out with our colleagues and break for lunch or even just step out with people to grab a cup of coffee. But not anymore!

Computer work is not fun and games. It's never end mind games that requires a lot of thinking and because of that, we could sure you some social interaction and going out every now and then to clear our heads!
What exactly is stopping you from going outside to get fresh air or meet up with colleagues in a WFH environment?

Old 03-18-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:

To the bold, you cannot do this now? At your house or wherever you work, you cannot walk outside and get fresh air?

So, you walked while at work (to breath fresh air), did you count that as your 10+ hour day?

Old 03-18-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
What exactly is stopping you from going outside to get fresh air or meet up with colleagues in a WFH environment?
Exatcly....LOL.

Old 03-18-2022, 02:36 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:

I agree ,your mental health has slipped. .Just WHO has stopped you from breathing outside air? My best bet would be the guy who you voted for back November a YEAR ago.
Toss off the shackles of tyranny and vote Independent or Republican.

Old 03-18-2022, 02:37 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
I work in a medical related field and I always wear a mask around clients. And encourage them to do so as well.

If needed, I can lecture on virology in a way that they can understand it and explain what I read in the NEJM and other h journals as well.

If they do not want to, that is their choice, but I would not let someone else choose for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies