Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 05:43 PM

2,284 posts, read 636,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
But like I said, it’s so simple. I couldn’t think of a more simpler thing to ask.
Im requesting you wear a pink TuTu. It’s simple oblige me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 05:43 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Thank you. Believe it or not, the work we do is not easy, which is why we have to go through four years of college (and more than that if you had to go to grad school like me) and take tests to get certifications and all that jazz. Then you have to be very proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and any other complex system that each company uniquely has. This is why it sucks when turnover at my job is high. Training someone and getting someone fully up to speed takes AT LEAST a full year. But people fly off within a year which kills all the time we invested in that person. And people fly off because they have this attitude that the grass is green. So they join our firm and realize they actually have to work hard for their paycheck, so they fly off searching for another job in hopes they will find a job that will pay them six figures to do nothing. Maybe some office jobs don't require work, but my job sure as hell does. And what's worse is when you have an urgent out of the blue project to work on and you have a tight deadline to complete it or you're dead! Then the pressure really is on and you feel a heart attack coming!
I think all you've described is common to a lot of jobs. Certainly true for the jobs I have held as a licensed professional with an advanced degree.

Old 03-18-2022, 05:50 PM

3,494 posts, read 1,409,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Im requesting you wear a pink TuTu. It’s simple oblige me.
A pink TuTu accomplishes nothing. Face masks saves lives!

Old 03-18-2022, 05:54 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
My favorites are the ones that are alone in their car with the windows rolled up and wearing a mask. The OP strikes me as someone who would do this. Just sad and pathetic

This is a mental disorder. Sorry, but it really is.
Bingo

Old 03-18-2022, 06:00 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
But expecting others to wear a mask is not expecting much at all. That’s why it would be nice if everyone else did it. It’s so simple to do; I don’t get it.
Well you can ask, you can expect, or think others complying with your wishes "would be nice" all you want, no one is obliged to cater to your wishes. I feel as strongly about not having to wear a mask when there is no indication to do so as you apparently feel about others wearing masks, and from all indications most other people also feel as I do. Why should we suppress our preferences and cater to yours ( or others who still think everyone should wear masks when they're out in public) out of deference for some misplaced germophobia on your parts?

Old 03-18-2022, 06:01 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:

To the bold, how?

Let's ask a very simple question, does a mask keep you from getting cv19 or does wearing a mask keep you from spreading cv19?

A very easy question, just follow the science.

Old 03-18-2022, 06:02 PM

2,284 posts, read 636,891 times
Quote:
Thanks for the laugh !

Old 03-18-2022, 06:09 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times
Because I simply never believed the lies.

I had to wear a mask for almost two years at my place of employment. I didn't fight it. I needed my job.

Did I think I needed it?

Absolutely not. Did I get Covid-19 anyway? I absolutely did.

Do I wear a mask now that the mandates are lifted? No.

Am I afraid of getting Covid-19 again? NO.

Old 03-18-2022, 06:11 PM

3,494 posts, read 1,409,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To the bold, how?

Let's ask a very simple question, does a mask keep you from getting cv19 or does wearing a mask keep you from spreading cv19?

A very easy question, just follow the science.

BOTH and that's why wearing a face mask can work wonders. This pandemic has lasted us over TWO friggin' years? It didn't have to last that long if people just wore the damn thing!

But anyways, I'll agree to disagree at this point and let this thread be. BUT I will resurrect this thread either late summer or during the Fall. IF cases continue to trend downwards where the pandemic is pretty much over, I'll offer my sincerest apologies to every one of you! But if the cases surge again and it's deja vu all over again with the pandemic (and I'm fairly certain this is what will happen), then I will call all of you out because you were all the cause of the pandemic lingering on again... all because you couldn't do a damn simple thing like wearing a face mask.

Old 03-18-2022, 06:21 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
BOTH and that's why wearing a face mask can work wonders. This pandemic has lasted us over TWO friggin' years? It didn't have to last that long if people just wore the damn thing!

But anyways, I'll agree to disagree at this point and let this thread be. BUT I will resurrect this thread either late summer or during the Fall. IF cases continue to trend downwards where the pandemic is pretty much over, I'll offer my sincerest apologies to every one of you! But if the cases surge again and it's deja vu all over again with the pandemic (and I'm fairly certain this is what will happen), then I will call all of you out because you were all the cause of the pandemic lingering on again... all because you couldn't do a damn simple thing like wearing a face mask.
It does? then please explain and when you do....be sure to explain Microns in you answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies