Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 09:15 PM

3,490 posts, read 1,408,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I will NEVER forget I have it on and don't believe people who say this. I start sweating immediately if I have to walk around in a mask. Can't express adequately how much I hate wearing them.

If you are sweating just for wearing a simple mask, then you have some serious issues and should see a doctor. A simple face mask should not cause you THAT much discomfort!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2022, 09:15 PM

1,742 posts, read 958,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I've been working from home for over two years, so my job doesn't require me to be at risk for exposing myself to many different people all day everyday. But I'm quite surprised to see many workers out there, whether it be salesmen at Macy's or Best Buy or cashiers at a store, supermarket or fast food restaurant, who aren't afraid to go maskless. They are out there everyday interacting with strangers (people who could be carriers of all sorts of illnesses) and they are not afraid to be maskless. What is up with that? And most importantly, how do these people not contract any sickness, especially something as contagious as Omicron?
I’m in retail management at the store level. Where I work, we had a brief 5 week period last summer when the mask mandate was lifted and it was up to the individual to wear a mask or not. I’d say only about 20% of our employees chose to wear a mask. Our store has about 100 employees. I don’t remember any covid cases among our staff at that time. Mid August the mask mandate was re-imposed. It was only lifted in the past week. During the winter when masks were required, several employees came down with covid. I’d say about 25% of our workforce all together ( not at the same time, but cumulatively) became sick. From what I know, the vast majority who became sick caught it from a family member at home, NOT from work. Based on my experience, I am not afraid to be maskless at work.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
That’s your opinion, and it’s obvious that many folks don’t feel that way.

If you wear a mask and feel you’re well protected, why do you insist others should wear masks even though they don’t want to?
As I mentioned on the post before this one, the protection increases when everyone else wears one too.

The mask goes both ways, I protect myself AND others. Don't see why anyone would refuse to wear one when you consider that.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:17 PM

14,472 posts, read 12,101,318 times
Quote:
If you are sweating just for wearing a simple mask, then you have some serious issues and should see a doctor. A simple face mask should not cause you THAT much discomfort!

I'm not the only one. Hubby says the same thing. They're hot and unpleasant. And he's not even going through the change like I am.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:19 PM

Quote:
As I mentioned on the post before this one, the protection increases when everyone else wears one too.

The mask goes both ways, I protect myself AND others. Don't see why anyone would refuse to wear one when you consider that.

Because we're not going to live this way forever! Is that really what you want? Covering your face around other people forever? These were temporary, emergency measures, and as it turns out, they were not all that effective.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:

So you don’t trust your mask enough and want others to live like you do. You can even double or triple mask so you’ll be even more protected.

You’ve been given many reasons why folks choose not to wear them. You simply think everyone should think and do as you do, which isn’t going to happen.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Because we're not going to live this way forever! Is that really what you want? Covering your face around other people forever?
You can interact with other people just as easily with a mask on! You get to be social and be safe at the same time. It's a win win situation! I don't understand why you think it's so bad!

Old 03-17-2022, 09:21 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:
Oh goodness, the ignorance in this thread. Me wearing a mask does no harm to others, so yes, you should respect me. But YOU not wearing a mask DOES harm others since you are exhaling aerosols in the air. So if you're infected with Covid and the indoor setting is not well ventilated, you are harming people around you. So yes, you should respect me for wearing one, but I sure as hell don't have to respect you for not wearing one!
Lol! I caught covid from someone who was vaccinated last year, my state has low covid hospitalizations and covid numbers and that is majority don’t wear masks. Take vitamin C, D, and zinc every day, my covid was more like a bad cold and no, I didn’t go out till I was clear.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:23 PM

Quote:
You can interact with other people just as easily with a mask on! You get to be social and be safe at the same time. It's a win win situation! I don't understand why you think it's so bad!

OK I'm done with this. We will never agree.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
OK I'm done with this. We will never agree.

Of course we won't. Because I will never agree with a person who gives priority to her own personal comfort over other people's health!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies