Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 10:44 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times

Advertisements

Why pull the endorsement? Trumps's endorsement is what tanked Mo's campaign.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 10:46 AM

6,750 posts, read 3,365,850 times
Still afflicted with TDS I see.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:04 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Here’s the thing, I am not voting for anyone in a primary endorsed by Donald Trump. I do not want any of his endorsed candidates winning, not because I disagree with their politics or proposed policies, but because I want the Republican Party to move on. Donald Trump is poison to the Republican Party in a general election and if he gets the nomination for president it is probably the only chance Democrats have of winning in 2024. We already have a Democratic Senate right now because of Donald Trump.

I am rooting for Lisa Murkowski, whoever is running against Mo Brooks, and Brian Kemp, among others. The only exception is Liz Cheney because she let Nancy Pelosi claim to have a bipartisan committee when she does not. But, I want people like Lindsey Graham to stop pushing that Donald Trump must lead my party or it is going to stop being my party. I already can no longer watch certain shows on FOX because I cannot stand the Trump butt kissing.

I will say again, as I always do when I go on one of these rants, I am not alone.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:49 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Here’s the thing, I am not voting for anyone in a primary endorsed by Donald Trump. I do not want any of his endorsed candidates winning, not because I disagree with their politics or proposed policies, but because I want the Republican Party to move on. Donald Trump is poison to the Republican Party in a general election and if he gets the nomination for president it is probably the only chance Democrats have of winning in 2024. We already have a Democratic Senate right now because of Donald Trump.

I am rooting for Lisa Murkowski, whoever is running against Mo Brooks, and Brian Kemp, among others. The only exception is Liz Cheney because she let Nancy Pelosi claim to have a bipartisan committee when she does not. But, I want people like Lindsey Graham to stop pushing that Donald Trump must lead my party or it is going to stop being my party. I already can no longer watch certain shows on FOX because I cannot stand the Trump butt kissing.

I will say again, as I always do when I go on one of these rants, I am not alone.

Reps to you, and I completely agree.

Old 03-18-2022, 12:50 PM

831 posts, read 332,879 times
But in an interview with The Washington Examiner on Tuesday, Trump said he was "disappointed" in Brooks's comments last August about the 2020 election. Brooks said at the time that voters should put 2020 behind them and look forward to the upcoming election cycles.

THAT is what is killing Brooks. He thinks we should be a stolen election behind us and since then his support has evaporated! I hope he drops out if he is gonna drag down the only other decent candidate, we do NOT want Britt in there she is just a neocon lackey.

Old 03-18-2022, 01:00 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
But in an interview with The Washington Examiner on Tuesday, Trump said he was "disappointed" in Brooks's comments last August about the 2020 election. Brooks said at the time that voters should put 2020 behind them and look forward to the upcoming election cycles.

THAT is what is killing Brooks. He thinks we should be a stolen election behind us and since then his support has evaporated! I hope he drops out if he is gonna drag down the only other decent candidate, we do NOT want Britt in there she is just a neocon lackey.
Exactly. You can't be a little bit pregnant. He wanted to keep one foot in and one foot out to test the waters.

Anyone who thinks Trump is not the head of the Republican party should consider Trump got 59% of the straw poll vote for presidential nominee in 2024. Almost twice what DeSantis received. No one else was close. A Trump/DeSantis ticket is the way to go, and the Republicans only chance at winning back the White House in 2024.

Old 03-18-2022, 01:50 PM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Exactly. You can't be a little bit pregnant. He wanted to keep one foot in and one foot out to test the waters.

Anyone who thinks Trump is not the head of the Republican party should consider Trump got 59% of the straw poll vote for presidential nominee in 2024. Almost twice what DeSantis received. No one else was close. A Trump/DeSantis ticket is the way to go, and the Republicans only chance at winning back the White House in 2024.

Ted Cruz won the CPAC straw poll in 2016 with 40%. Previous 3 years Rand Paul won. I would not put too much weight in that.

Old 03-23-2022, 10:16 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
Donald Trump rescinds his endorsement of Mo Brooks

Old 03-23-2022, 10:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Donald Trump rescinds his endorsement of Mo Brooks

Oh, snap!

Old 03-23-2022, 11:05 AM

1,073 posts, read 622,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

YES! What I agree with all of this except the part of Cheney- I like her; she is one of the few that had the nuts to stand up to that guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies