Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2022, 08:44 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come! #notwinning

Transgender swimmer Lia Thomas ties for 5th place in NCAA Nationals
Meh. I would bet he was holding back.

I do not believe that he could not destroy every female race he is in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 08:51 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come! #notwinning

Transgender swimmer Lia Thomas ties for 5th place in NCAA Nationals
A woman got bumped to 6th to make room for a man in a women’s swimming competition. Sick.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:09 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Sounds nice. Things here here are out of control. Kids are so stressed and the expectations are sky high. It seems to get worse each year. Had I known what I know now 16 years ago I’m pretty sure we would have chosen a different area of town. I will say that my kids have gotten a top notch education so there’s that but there have been many trade offs.
I went to a middle to lower income school like my kids did (though different demographics back then). My husband went to a school with upper income to middle and they had the super competitiveness and bullying if you didn’t drive the right car or wear the right clothes. We had it to a much lesser extent, and my kids didn’t have that at all. I’m glad too.

My kids still got a good education and were able to get in the top three percent so they could get automatic admission to UT and A&M, which is nice.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:29 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,499 times
My son is a Jr. and has a 4.0 and won’t be top 10% at our HS. It is what it is.

I went to HS in Houston. It sounds a lot like your HS. Very middle class. It was a good school
though and I did well. It’s gone down hill since then though.

Old 03-19-2022, 10:45 AM

15,061 posts, read 8,624,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is extremely fringe, Mr. Joshua.

And you'll see that by the fact that it will go away. Systems move slowly, especially when they're a bit taken off guard.
Yes, go back to sleep everyone. When you wake tomorrow, everything will be fine …. it’s just a phase!
Well, I suppose, sooner or later, we’re going to run out of letters, LGBTQ …. only 21 left.

Truth is, this mindset is part of the problem, but honestly, almost EVERYBODY is guilty of being part of the problem, however big or small, because the majority have either agreed to, or agreed to pretend to agree that mental illness isn’t mental illness. And there are many excuses, from being partially not totally wrapped themselves, to just going along to get along, to being peer pressured and afraid to being tagged with one of those labels … homophobe, bigot, etc.

This current manifestation, dealing with men competing and beating women in women sports is a consequence of previous actions, choices and decisions, and should not come as a surprise to anyone. What on earth did anyone expect would come from validating mental illness as normal? Listen, this is what is being done when we collectively agree to address a male as “she and her”, and a female as “he and him”. We are agreeing to this when we agree that a male can be a “wife” and a female a “husband”. After all, what’s the big deal if someone wants to be addressed by their new gender identity, rather than the correct one … the one they were born as? Well, now you have your “big deal”. Guess what …. you got what you asked for. IF …. everyone from the very beginning simply admitted that Joe was born a boy, and therefore is and always will be a boy, not a girl, and even if he feels like a a girl, or changes his name to Josephine, or has his penis surgically removed, that doesn’t change the fact that HE is a biological HIM.

But we didn’t do that, did we? Nope, we agreed to appease Joe’s mental illness, and pretend it’s perfectly normal for a man to want to chop off his own penis. Now, if something so drastic as that doesn’t qualify as a mental illness, what would? Yet, we went along with the absurd whims of the PC crowd, or perhaps demonstrated our own version of mental illness, by collectively agreeing to refer to Joe as “her” …. Oh, that Joe, she is such a nice person. At school, Joe was allowed, and perhaps even encouraged by some to assert “her” right to use the girls restroom and locker room …. Right? So, later on, when Joe applies for that spot on a women’s Olympic sport team, you have already made Joe’s case for him, because his status as “her” has already been validated, and his gender identity passport officially stamped! What are you going to do now? Oh wait. …. no, no, no, we didn’t mean it …. at least, not enough to agree to allow Joe to annihilate biological females to which Joe enjoys an insurmountable advantage? What did you expect when you agreed to allow Joe hanging low in the girls high school restroom, before his surgery? We apparently didn’t give a crap about how uncomfortable all the other girls felt about a boy being in their bathroom, because it was all about Joe’s comfort, and his feelings that mattered?

And I gotta tell ya, it didn’t start there either. You really want to know when it started? It started with agreeing to the nonsense that men and women are equal. You know, that untouchable claim that Women can do anything that men can do, and do it better. We even have Hollywood action films for the past couple of decades or more, depicting super females swooping in and annihilating big strong villains twice or more their size and strength. Conversely, we now have a prohibition on pronouns, and find it insensitive to refer to pregnant women as pregnant women … admonished to refer to them as “pregnant persons”. We want to get rid of those old, and outdated labels of Moms and Dads, because that doesn’t reflect the new version of modern reality.

This first started when we agreed to Billy having two dads, or two moms. But then, that became less than fully inclusive, because one of his moms wanted to be referred to as the husband, and that naturally made her the dad, but that was apparently taking strange to an uncomfortable stretch, so the best way to fix that is simply get rid of the labels mom and dad altogether.

Welcome to bizarro world, which is now just a gigantic mental institution,w here the inmates have taken over the asylum. This is now a place where no demonstration or manifestation of mental illness will be denied validation. And when you collectively agree to promote mental illness as normal, and encouraging it, celebrating it, throwing parades for it, hijacking rainbows to symbolize it, raise flags in honor of it, you get what you get, and now you got what you got.

It’s exactly what you asked for.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes, go back to sleep everyone. When you wake tomorrow, everything will be fine …. it’s just a phase!
Well, I suppose, sooner or later, we’re going to run out of letters, LGBTQ …. only 21 left.

Truth is, this mindset is part of the problem, but honestly, almost EVERYBODY is guilty of being part of the problem, however big or small, because the majority have either agreed to, or agreed to pretend to agree that mental illness isn’t mental illness. And there are many excuses, from being partially not totally wrapped themselves, to just going along to get along, to being peer pressured and afraid to being tagged with one of those labels … homophobe, bigot, etc.

This current manifestation, dealing with men competing and beating women in women sports is a consequence of previous actions, choices and decisions, and should not come as a surprise to anyone. What on earth did anyone expect would come from validating mental illness as normal? Listen, this is what is being done when we collectively agree to address a male as “she and her”, and a female as “he and him”. We are agreeing to this when we agree that a male can be a “wife” and a female a “husband”. After all, what’s the big deal if someone wants to be addressed by their new gender identity, rather than the correct one … the one they were born as? Well, now you have your “big deal”. Guess what …. you got what you asked for. IF …. everyone from the very beginning simply admitted that Joe was born a boy, and therefore is and always will be a boy, not a girl, and even if he feels like a a girl, or changes his name to Josephine, or has his penis surgically removed, that doesn’t change the fact that HE is a biological HIM.

But we didn’t do that, did we? Nope, we agreed to appease Joe’s mental illness, and pretend it’s perfectly normal for a man to want to chop off his own penis. Now, if something so drastic as that doesn’t qualify as a mental illness, what would? Yet, we went along with the absurd whims of the PC crowd, or perhaps demonstrated our own version of mental illness, by collectively agreeing to refer to Joe as “her” …. Oh, that Joe, she is such a nice person. At school, Joe was allowed, and perhaps even encouraged by some to assert “her” right to use the girls restroom and locker room …. Right? So, later on, when Joe applies for that spot on a women’s Olympic sport team, you have already made Joe’s case for him, because his status as “her” has already been validated, and his gender identity passport officially stamped! What are you going to do now? Oh wait. …. no, no, no, we didn’t mean it …. at least, not enough to agree to allow Joe to annihilate biological females to which Joe enjoys an insurmountable advantage? What did you expect when you agreed to allow Joe hanging low in the girls high school restroom, before his surgery? We apparently didn’t give a crap about how uncomfortable all the other girls felt about a boy being in their bathroom, because it was all about Joe’s comfort, and his feelings that mattered?

And I gotta tell ya, it didn’t start there either. You really want to know when it started? It started with agreeing to the nonsense that men and women are equal. You know, that untouchable claim that Women can do anything that men can do, and do it better. We even have Hollywood action films for the past couple of decades or more, depicting super females swooping in and annihilating big strong villains twice or more their size and strength. Conversely, we now have a prohibition on pronouns, and find it insensitive to refer to pregnant women as pregnant women … admonished to refer to them as “pregnant persons”. We want to get rid of those old, and outdated labels of Moms and Dads, because that doesn’t reflect the new version of modern reality.

This first started when we agreed to Billy having two dads, or two moms. But then, that became less than fully inclusive, because one of his moms wanted to be referred to as the husband, and that naturally made her the dad, but that was apparently taking strange to an uncomfortable stretch, so the best way to fix that is simply get rid of the labels mom and dad altogether.

Welcome to bizarro world, which is now just a gigantic mental institution,w here the inmates have taken over the asylum. This is now a place where no demonstration or manifestation of mental illness will be denied validation. And when you collectively agree to promote mental illness as normal, and encouraging it, celebrating it, throwing parades for it, hijacking rainbows to symbolize it, raise flags in honor of it, you get what you get, and now you got what you got.

All I can say is ... Yep.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:55 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

100%! And that is why you won’t see many speaking out against it. Because they were all hunky dory with all this manure until it started to affect them. Now if they complain they will be showing their hypocrisy.

Old 03-19-2022, 12:09 PM

Silly me ... I actually thought the name was pronounced LIE-ah (like LIAR).

Interesting.

I know this will trip a bell with some.

Old 03-19-2022, 12:23 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,671,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
No human gender transitions into another gender. So, stop calling them transgender. They are men who appear to look feminine, female traits, nothing more, however still male and should not compete in female sport. It is ridiculous.
"Lia" doesn't look at all feminine. Definitely male.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:35 PM

11,770 posts, read 5,783,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Very interesting that you know the swimmer and her family and are saying it is a hoax. Is that the consensus among your friends and neighbors who are in the same social circles?
According to Wikipedia she started transitioning in high school
"Thomas began to question her gender identity at the end of her time at Westlake High School.[1][6] Thomas first realized she was transgender in the summer of 2018.[4] Thomas swam on the men's team in 2018–2019, started transitioning using hormone replacement therapy in May 2019, and came out as transgender to her team in the fall of 2019. She swam for the men's team in the 2019–2020 academic year as a junior while undergoing hormone therapy and swam on the women's team in 2021 after taking a year off school and competitive swimming due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[3][4]"

Can you tell us how his teammates reacted when he started transitioning in high school. What did your kids think and did their friends all think it was a load of BS also? It must have been all the talk in the high school as she was a first class athlete, from a first class athletic family and won awards for the school. Was the school supportive of her transitioning?
Your first hand knowledge would be of great interest to me.
Thanks
Wikipedia yeah sure - the source that is definitely left meaning and calls everything flse even when it's true as they find some little detail that is questionable - hence the entire thing is flase. Please do some research on Wiki before using it as your reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies