Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 01:37 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Unfortunately today's style of Democrat are pushing for things like this and other crazy things and they are the ones in control of things today.

I keep trying to clue others into the fact that today's Democrat party is not my former Democrat party.
So was the Democratic Party or any political talking about this matter 11 years ago? It was 11 years ago when collegiate trans athlete policies were put in place. Put in place by "sports professionals". It was a policy that was pretty much working up until Lia Thomas.
Grant it, it needs fixing, but those making it political for the most part are those that never played sports beyond their 14th birthday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2022, 01:45 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Where are all of the self proclaimed feminist on this issue. A bio male can easily smoke most women.

It's the very reason why women's sports was created.

I don't give a crap if some dude thinks he's a woman, it's not fair to all of the bio women who work hard but won't be able to compete fairly.

That Lea Thomas person should be ashamed of themselves. It's like taking candy from a baby. There's no sport in that.

Old 03-20-2022, 01:52 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...trans-swimmer/

The title I chose is quite blunt, but it's the truth. Progressives, who claim to care about others, have no problem letting biological men take over women's sports. I, honestly, don't know what else to say, other then it seems Progressives are anti-women. That's how it appears, to me.

From the article: “It’s a common conception that we’re all very disappointed and frustrated with someone who has capabilities more than us women have,” the woman told Hernandez, “to be able to compete at this level and take opportunities away from other women.”

“I have a teammate who did not make finals today because she was just bumped out of finals. It’s heartbreaking to see someone who went through puberty as a male, and has the body of a male, be able to absolutely blow away the competition. And you go into it with the mindset that you don’t have a chance,” she continued.

“It’s hard to compete against someone with the aerobic capacity, the muscle development, the body of a man,” responded the teammate. “It’s hard; it’s hard to think about it like that.”

“It’s disappointing to see and frustrating,” she said.

Hernandez asked more specifically about the woman who was crushed by Thomas.

“She was very emotional, and it’s hard to see because it’s her last NCAA; she really loves that race, and it was just heartbreaking that she put all of her efforts into it today … one of the best times that’s she went in a morning session and still not make it back. It’s hard to see someone who works every day, every night still not compete against someone like that.”

Terrible, just terrible.

For the first time in memory. leftists are pulling for men to beat women. In competitions of strength and speed, there's no question which gender is going to win. I will give women the edge in many things but not when it comes to speed and srength.

Old 03-20-2022, 05:10 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,247,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The feelings of a million women are dust when stacked up against the feelings of 1 gender confused man. All of reality is dust….Well I say to that: No….Don’t affirm what you know are lies.” -
@MattWalshBlog on men competing against women

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/st...12259267600385

The only feelings that matter are his. The women can all go to hell.--Progressive Logic

This is why women need to walk away from the democratic party. They always claim to be "for women's rights" but look at what they are doing now.

Old 03-20-2022, 05:20 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,247,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come! #notwinning

Transgender swimmer Lia Thomas ties for 5th place in NCAA Nationals
He's intentionally throwing races to make it look like he's on a level playing field. I've seen an interview with a woman who had to race against trans"woman" June Eastwood and she said June's coach was yelling to slow down because he was clearly ahead of all the females.

This jack--- took a woman's chance to compete and is now throwing races after receiving backlash. What a horrible human being.

Old 03-20-2022, 05:20 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
This is why women need to walk away from the democratic party. They always claim to be "for women's rights" but look at what they are doing now.
The so called normal dems need to wrestle their party back from the far left progressive douche bag azzhats.

Old 03-21-2022, 05:40 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
My son is a Jr. and has a 4.0 and won’t be top 10% at our HS. It is what it is.

I went to HS in Houston. It sounds a lot like your HS. Very middle class. It was a good school
though and I did well. It’s gone down hill since then though.
So did my high school. I’m t certainly is not like it was back in the ‘80s.

Old 03-21-2022, 05:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The so called normal dems need to wrestle their party back from the far left progressive douche bag azzhats.
Apparently they are too scared of what people will say about them on social media to say a word.

Sick.

When did people become so terrified of others' opinions?

Old 03-21-2022, 06:51 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This will end.

No one who is involved in sports wants to see women's sports decimated, which is what is happening.

We're in unprecedented territory here, and it's taking a little bit of time for this problem to work through the systems, but it will.

And women will be competing against women again in women's sports.
I think/hope your right Clara.
I don't hold any ire towards Lia Thomas, she is simply swimming and the School and NCAA have said that its ok for her to do so against biological women. Any one being honest with themselves sees the unfairness here. I think the NCAA and likely the school does to but they played their cards and simply were not going to back down for fear of backlash from the hard left. It seems common these days.. mob rules!

I think that eventually, once Thomas has graduated and no longer in the spot light, the NCAA will try to quietly put a rule in place banning biological males from competing against biological females in NCAA Athletic events. At least that is what i hope happens. I can't imagine them continuing this silly charade. If not, i can see many women's athletes boycotting events in the future and you will have 1 athlete competing against no one else....

Old 03-21-2022, 06:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think/hope your right Clara.
I don't hold any ire towards Lia Thomas, she is simply swimming and the School and NCAA have said that its ok for her to do so against biological women. Any one being honest with themselves sees the unfairness here. I think the NCAA and likely the school does to but they played their cards and simply were not going to back down for fear of backlash from the hard left. It seems common these days.. mob rules!

I think that eventually, once Thomas has graduated and no longer in the spot light, the NCAA will try to quietly put a rule in place banning biological males from competing against biological females in NCAA Athletic events. At least that is what i hope happens. I can't imagine them continuing this silly charade. If not, i can see many women's athletes boycotting events in the future and you will have 1 athlete competing against no one else....
Soon it will be illegal to make the distinction between biological male and biological female.

We are moving that direction.

I fully expect to see it in my lifetime.

Half the population has been brainwashed with idiocy. And the other half has been brainwashed that they can never point out the idiocy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies