Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 06:28 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,460,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
(CNN)Annual drug overdose deaths have reached another record high in the United States as deaths from fentanyl and other synthetic opioids surge to unprecedented levels.

An estimated 105,752 people died of drug overdoses in the 12-month period ending October 2021, according to provisional data published Wednesday by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/03/16/h...nyl/index.html

These perpetually increasing drug deaths represent only one symptom of how unspeakably empty and purposeless our lives have become. A symptom of an endlessly fractured and barely functioning social order. We live in an incredibly and increasingly chaotic, grim, and joyless world- one that man himself has designed through his moral failures, foolishness, and greed. You can feel it in the air- the anxiety, despondency, desperation, exasperation.... this is our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 06:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/03/16/h...nyl/index.html

These perpetually increasing drug deaths represent only one symptom of how unspeakably empty and purposeless our lives have become. A symptom of an endlessly fractured and barely functioning social order. We live in an incredibly and increasingly chaotic, grim, and joyless world- one that man himself has designed through his moral failures, foolishness, and greed. You can feel it in the air- the anxiety, despondency, desperation, exasperation.... this is our lives.

I so often hear, in a death, that it was "apparently laced with fentanyl, something the user wasn't aware of".

Who is doing that, and why??

These stimulants are often seen in overdoses in which multiple drugs are involved, Keyes said -- sometimes intentionally but other times when adulterated with fentanyl, for example.

Old 03-18-2022, 06:33 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Yet those of us with legitimate chronic pain issues rarely can get pain meds

Old 03-18-2022, 06:37 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
at present its fentanyl, which is much easier to smuggle because a dose is the size of a grain of sand...it is the WAR on drugs that has brought this about, through out thousands of years of history mankind has always found some way to alter their mind....we have "cracked down " for a hundred years and its had no affect, none...

the better answer is to give people back their access to pure pharmaceuticals and a reasonable price, this should be a no-brainier for those freedom worshipers

Old 03-18-2022, 06:39 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,604,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I so often hear, in a death, that it was "apparently laced with fentanyl, something the user wasn't aware of".

These stimulants are often seen in overdoses in which multiple drugs are involved, Keyes said -- sometimes intentionally but other times when adulterated with fentanyl, for example.
China.

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/fi...20States_0.pdf

https://www.congress.gov/event/115th...nt/108650/text

https://www.uscc.gov/sites/default/f..._Operation.pdf

Old 03-18-2022, 06:40 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,653 times
I see both sides of this. My sister died of a drug overdose. She was a pill addict. My father died of cancer. He could not get pain meds due to the doctor being worried that he was enabling a drug addict which he was not.

What I don't understand is the dealers who use fentanyl or lace the drugs with fentanyl to sell to their end users. Are they not killing the exact people who are regular costumers?

Old 03-18-2022, 06:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I see both sides of this. My sister died of a drug overdose. She was a pill addict. My father died of cancer. He could not get pain meds due to the doctor being worried that he was enabling a drug addict which he was not.

What I don't understand is the dealers who use fentanyl or lace the drugs with fentanyl to sell to their end users. Are they not killing the exact people who are regular costumers?
That's what I'm wondering. Why??

I got a reputation comment explaining it was done in China, and then thru Mexico, and 1200RT said that also in this thread, but still why?

Is it purposeful murder?

I'm sorry about your sister and father.

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

i have worked with addiction problems with other people for years..

i have seen "heroin" with visible tiny chunks of fentanyl hardly mixed up at all, many addicts also sell dope to pay for their own habit the product is very poorly mixed and that helps with ODs..

i never did bootleg drugs for that reason...just one of those little tiny grains can kill quality control is very poor

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Lacing another drug with highly addictive fentanyl is perhaps an attempt by dealers to hook new customers, or cut a more expensive product.

Old 03-18-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Lacing another drug with highly addictive fentanyl is perhaps an attempt by dealers to hook new customers, or cut a more expensive product.
It seems the risk of killing the customer is so high, when the buyer doesn't seem to know what's in there, it would be counter-productive to the business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies