Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 06:29 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Shop for tour best price.
This is nice and I'm heading for one myself;

https://youtu.be/MGeDFuI3dpc
That is exactly what I want. Just don't want to spend the $1200 for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2022, 06:29 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Anecdotal, at best, just like what I said. Although, I'm sure sales records would prove which is used more.

I personally want a lever action guide gun in a pistol caliber like .357 mag. They are just so pricey.
"Anecdotal, at best"

No, a claim was made and I debunked it.

"I personally want a", and you are entitled to that opinion, as other are entitled to theirs.

Does NOT mean any are wrong.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You guys realize that my reply was directed towards these comments , right ?
No reason to debate just for the sake of debating.

Originally Posted by FatBob96
It's a myth that semiautomatics aren't used for hunting.

Originally Posted by Quick Enough
"It's a myth", no, it is a flat out LIE!
"No reason to debate just for the sake of debating." As they say, you are free to engage. If NOT, mind your OWN business!

Old 03-24-2022, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Anecdotal, at best"

No, a claim was made and I debunked it.

"I personally want a", and you are entitled to that opinion, as other are entitled to theirs.

Does NOT mean any are wrong.

I know plenty who use pump shotguns and single action like a 30-30 lever action.

It all depends on where and what you hunt.

You debunked nothing. You basically made the same anecdotal type of statement that I did. Most of the people you know use pump and lever actions. Most of the people I know use semi autos.

The only statement that holds water is "It all depends on where and what you hunt" , I completely agree with this.

And to be honest, I don't effing care what people use, or what is the most used. Why are you even arguing this ? Again, what your experiences are is different than what mine are. It's that simple.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Quite a few semi-automatic ARs in 350 Legend and 450 Bushmaster used in Michigan during deer hunting season.
In my area rifles are not allowed for deer, only shotguns. My 1100 semi did me great.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
I did not start really stocking up on guns, mags and ammo until Obama came into the picture.

I saw what was coming. Too bad so many are still trying to catch up.
Were you too young when bill clinton and biden got the so called "ASSAULT weapon" gun law passed?

Or when Sen, dem diane fienstein said, "If I could, I would confiscate ALL of them"?

Then of course we found out she had CC permit.

Just pointing out, it goes way before obama.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:40 AM

Quote:
"No reason to debate just for the sake of debating." As they say, you are free to engage. If NOT, mind your OWN business!
Hey, you quoted me. Maybe you should have followed your own advice and scroll on. Why did you engage, you should have just minded your own business....

Old 03-24-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
holy buckets...what do you guys do? just spray the bush with lead and hope for a kill? too risky.
Exaggerate much!

Settle down, take pill and relax before you get a heart attack.

Your LACK of knowledge does NOT put a good light on you when you post such asinine junk!

Old 03-24-2022, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
No disrespect intended, and you could very well be being facetious, but unless you see yourself laying down suppression fire to cover at least squad level troop movement, and you have access to massive amounts of ammunition for that purpose, you don't want an automatic weapon.

Range toys at best, and ridiculously expensive ones at that.

A semi-auto with tactical optics (tons of ways to achieve this btw, without spending $3k on a VCOG setup) that you are properly and regularly trained on will serve 95% of your tactical, hunting and sporting needs. Add a cheap retractable bipod and you're all set. After that, a reliable sidearm completes almost every tactical need you'll ever experience. And yeah, because they are cheap, easy and reliable, everyone should have a 12 gauge, 8 + 1 pump shotgun. Never a bad thing to have as additional home defense.

There's a reason 3 Gun is a thing. Honestly, a pistol, 12 gauge and semiauto rifle really do cover damn near every possible tactical scenario.

If you were being sarcastic about automatic weapons, I'll accept my sarcasm meter being busted, but will still be satisfied with a general PSA about the firearms that cover most tactical, hunting and sporting needs.
" everyone should have a 12 gauge, 8 + 1 pump shotgun."

I prefer my 1100 semi and the Judge.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I beg your pardon ????

Apologies for getting nit-picky about your use of words but no, it is NOT a look at what's going on in the world and to say it is is a false premise. It's only a look at the gun culture of America alone. America isn't the world and the rest of the world doesn't have anything even similar to the type of crossed-the-line-of-reason cult-like gun culture that America has. In all the world America is singular in that and it has the rest of the world's critical thinking people shaking their heads in puzzlement.

I saw some made up excuses but I did not see any truly valid reasons or explanations in the article for America's gun culture having developed into a cult such as it exists today or for why Americans keep on buying millions more and more of guns every year.

" In all the world America is singular in that and it has the rest of the world's critical thinking people shaking their heads in puzzlement."

If you really think I care one iota what someone in another country thinks, I have a seldom used bridge for sale. Interested?

It's funny you make this claim, yet every YEAR how many from those same countries try to move here?

I don't really think you know what you claim but, just THINK you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies