Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 12:25 PM

13,956 posts, read 5,625,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
yes I worship at the altar of the single controlled shot. do it right
Indeed, but I do that with my semiauto, just remove the bolt cycling motion is all.

I am definitely a parishioner in the church of single controlled shots. My semiauto is more of a middle finger to government than a "look at me, firing bullets quickly" kinda thing.

In fact, I almost didn't get the semi, I was only going to have a bolt action, and then the Dems starting making more "all semiauto anything should be illegal" noise, so I went semiauto first, in case someday they tell me I can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 01:08 PM

487 posts, read 536,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not just guns either...NFA items also, they (Government) cashed my tax stamp check April 12th 2021....and my application is still waiting to be reviewed......
With eforms now available I'm assuming the number of NFA items to increase.

Old 03-23-2022, 01:30 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
yes I worship at the altar of the single controlled shot. do it right, the time needed to operate a bolt is not an issue.
If you are rabbit hunting strictly for food, you need a semi-auto. You can scare 30 out of a brush pile and may only get one shot with a single shot rifle. I use a single shot because even though I eat what I kill, I am not desperate for food.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:13 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Anyone with a shred of common sense realizes no one will be taking away our firearms. What they will do and have done is legislate away one thing after another. So far, the majority of it has come from the States, but to think it can't happen at the Federal level is just ignorant. Especially when we've had politicians , including our current POTUS state on record that they want to restrict certain types of firearms, for example, magazine fed semi auto rifles.
They can’t do anything at the federal level, even minimal legislation goes nowhere. Even the highly ineffective Assault Weapons Ban went away. No one is in danger of losing their gun rights but many still use that excuse to buy more guns.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They can’t do anything at the federal level, even minimal legislation goes nowhere. Even the highly ineffective Assault Weapons Ban went away. No one is in danger of losing their gun rights but many still use that excuse to buy more guns.
Nothing wrong with owning a variety of tools (guns), never know what you may need.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:15 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
When you defund the police and do NOT respond to 911 calls and let criminals out without bail, the PEOPLE see the need to defend THEMSELVES.

Not rocket science! And I see no controversy in it.
The police were not defunded just another of the many excuses to stockpile guns.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
The police were not defunded just another of the many excuses to stockpile guns.
Several large cities cut police budgets. Seattle for example.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:47 PM

13,956 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
No excuse here. I like firearms, they are perfectly legal to purchase, and I have the money.

I don't need a semiauto pistol, or several. I wanted them.

I don't need a semiauto rifle. I wanted one.

Tons of stuff I buy that I don't need, but just want. My Steam library is definite testimony of that theory, as is my cable/internet bill.

Now, the fact that firearms actually serve useful purposes, one of which is self-defense, well that is just handy and useful, but not really necessary for my desire to purchase. Should I purchase more, it will be because I felt like it.

Now, when I chose a semiauto rifle over a bolt action, which came at a considerable cost increase, I did have "get it now before some idiot tells me I can't because they decided I don't need one" reasoning help guide that purchase, but the bottom line was I wanted a 308 rifle. Just wanted one. Government rhetoric did help me decide on what kind of 308, but I just wanted a proper 308 rifle.

Nobody needs to justify why they decide to trade for/own private property. "Felt like owning" is sufficient 100% of the time.

Old 03-23-2022, 03:09 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davwve View Post
With eforms now available I'm assuming the number of NFA items to increase.
Agreed, but what you are talking about just happened in December 21 (30 - 90 day approval)?

As an FYI, I did this through a silencer website/kiosk, all electronic, including finger prints.

Old 03-23-2022, 03:11 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Yes they were, prove me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies