Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 08:16 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Do you support that choice when the baby is out but still attached to the woman? It's still part of her body.
You need to get educated on late term abortions. It’s a medical procedure. I am not a doctor. LTA are very rare about 1 percent of all abortions. The scenario you keep asking about even more rare. Your scenario with a healthy baby attached doesn’t happen. How much clearer can I be. I am pro choice. I will not get between a woman and her doctor.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Do you support that choice when the baby is out but still attached to the woman? It's still part of her body.
That poster believes any abortion is fine. At any time, at any stage, first breath, umbilical cord attached is OK. Healthy OK to kill also.

Darkness.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That poster believes any abortion is fine. At any time, at any stage, first breath, umbilical cord attached is OK. Healthy OK to kill also.

Darkness.
Perhaps you too need education on pregnancy the umbilical cord starts to form at 5 weeks. It’s attached in the first trimester when most abortions happen. You want a woman should carry a dying baby in her womb.

Tone deaf.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Perhaps you too need education on pregnancy the umbilical cord starts to form at 5 weeks. It’s attached in the first trimester when most abortions happen. You want a woman should carry a dying baby in her womb.

Tone deaf.
Did I misstate your position? Didn't think so. You have stated a gazillion times you are for abortion any time, any place, any age, any reason, no questions, kill those babies, yes ma'am!!!

PS. When babies are born they are attached to the umbilical cord, which is what the other poster was asking about. Not sure if you were aware that, yes, babies are born that way, so just a reminder.

Tone deaf indeed. Last engagement. Darkness.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:52 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
We've had many threads on c-d alone about new mothers throwing their perfectly healthy, full term babies in the trash. And there have been plenty of doctors who aborted healthy, full term babies -- just Google the forced full-term abortions that had been practiced in China until very recently. Apparently, both mothers and doctors can find it in themselves to do the unspeakable. It's very naive to believe that some sort of natural benevolent spirit in humanity prevails against abuses of power, even and especially in the domain of birth / death. Permission and open-ended definitions can swing open doors you'd never imagined existed.
A. I'm not talking about women who throw their babies in the trash. That's mental illness or just plain fear.
B. I'm not talking about China. They don't have much regard for human life.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Did I misstate your position? Didn't think so. You have stated a gazillion times you are for abortion any time, any place, any age, any reason, no questions, kill those babies, yes ma'am!!!

PS. When babies are born they are attached to the umbilical cord, which is what the other poster was asking about. Not sure if you were aware that, yes, babies are born that way, so just a reminder.

Tone deaf indeed. Last engagement. Darkness.
Again education is helpful there is no baby when most abortions happen. LTA are done for severely ill and dying babies. You haven’t a medical degree to add anything of substance to a woman’s decision in these cases, just your knee jerk emotional reactions. Last engagement? You’ve said that before to me, yet you continue to engage.

Old 03-24-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
A. I'm not talking about women who throw their babies in the trash. That's mental illness or just plain fear.
B. I'm not talking about China. They don't have much regard for human life.
The end is the same.

Baby is dead.

Why is one method acceptable and the another not acceptable?

Old 03-24-2022, 09:05 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Right now you can go right up to being in labor and dilated and legally still get an abortion.
That is where the law protects the woman today.

Old 03-24-2022, 09:11 AM

88,582 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Again education is helpful there is no baby when most abortions happen. LTA are done for severely ill and dying babies. You haven’t a medical degree to add anything of substance to a woman’s decision in these cases, just your knee jerk emotional reactions. Last engagement? You’ve said that before to me, yet you continue to engage.
You're banging your head against a wall. They want to believe what they want to believe, and what they want to believe is that there are scads of women and doctors out there just waiting to kill a healthy, full-term baby.

But in case anyone intelligent is following this thread, a real-life situation was described when the late-term abortion law was changed in New York that demonstrates what it's actually all about.

A New York woman who was carrying a severely malformed fetus that would die at birth had to fly to Colorado to deliver her dead baby, because the law in New York made it illegal for her to have the delivery in her own state. What the change in law did was NOT to allow anyone to saunter in and demand the death of a full-term, healthy fetus. It removed the procedure from being a legal issue to being a health issue.

Old 03-24-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You're banging your head against a wall. They want to believe what they want to believe, and what they want to believe is that there are scads of women and doctors out there just waiting to kill a healthy, full-term baby.

But in case anyone intelligent is following this thread, a real-life situation was described when the late-term abortion law was changed in New York that demonstrates what it's actually all about.

A New York woman who was carrying a severely malformed fetus that would die at birth had to fly to Colorado to deliver her dead baby, because the law in New York made it illegal for her to have the delivery in her own state. What the change in law did was NOT to allow anyone to saunter in and demand the death of a full-term, healthy fetus. It removed the procedure from being a legal issue to being a health issue.
I don't believe anyone has said that "there are scads of women and doctors out there just waiting to kill a healthy, full-term baby."

If so please direct me to that post.
I'd like to see it.

It is legal to do so. Which means that a doctor absolutely, 100% could do that. And no one would know if it happened because it is LEGAL to do so. So no headlines, no police, none of that.

You understand that, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies