Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should newborn circumcision be banned?
Yes 42 29.17%
No 94 65.28%
Other - explain 8 5.56%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 10:23 AM

24,618 posts, read 9,449,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Well thankfully most of the world is smart enough to know in 2022 that circumcision in general is stupid - you know - without actually banning it.
Oh, so you’re just trolling on a troll thread because 70-90% of American men are circumcised.

Sounds about right.

Clearly the world isn’t smart enough to defend themselves without begging America for support.

3,989 posts, read 6,575,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Says the guy in Tennessee?

Maybe you’re not old enough to watch an adult film, but most of the actors are circumcised.

This isn’t something bizarre or uncommon. It’s 100% legal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-circumcision/
Yes - because we should take what we see in adult films and apply that to the general population. Sounds brilliant

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I believe that it should be discouraged. When we adopted our son with DS at age 4 weeks, the doctor told us we could have it done, but it really wasn't necessary. I had it done to my older son out of ignorance, and if I could back in time, I would not do it again. My son with DS has had zero issues, and he seems to be more than capable of keeping it clean, etc. for the last 35 years. Of course, he isn't sexually active with a variety of people who carry STDs, and seriously anyone not practicing safe sex has more serious issues to deal with than circumcision.

Like ALL medical procedures, this should be carefully explained to the parent(s), so they can make an informed choice.

Ban it? Better to educate and hope the parent(s) have enough sense to make the best decision for their child.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Oh, so you’re just trolling on a troll thread.

Sounds about right.
Says the guy who uses "adult film" stars as his comparison to the general populace. You're about as brilliant as you come off.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:25 AM

36,509 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
My two male babies received a drop of wine as their anesthesia.
When was this and was it a bris?

Old 03-24-2022, 10:25 AM

10,464 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Considering 95% of Americans have had a circumcisions, no.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:26 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Quote:
Most posters are American, hence most are circumcised.

But you’re welcome to move to a country that bans it, like Afghanistan or Sudan.
Why would Afghanistan or Sudan ban it? No nation currently bans it. The biggest population of circumcised people are Muslim. Christianity does not require it. Afghanistan is 99.8% circumcised.

"Islam is the largest religious group to practice male circumcision. As an Abrahamic faith, Islamic people practice circumcision as a confirmation of their relationship with God, and the practice is also known as ‘tahera’, meaning purification. With the global spread of Islam from the 7th century AD, male circumcision was widely adopted among previously non-circumcising peoples. There is no clearly prescribed age for circumcision in Islam, although the prophet Muhammad recommended it be carried out at an early age and reportedly circumcised his sons on the seventh day after birth. Many Muslims perform the rite on this day, although a Muslim may be circumcised at any age between birth and puberty."
https://www.unaids.org/en/resources/.../20070226mcpt1

Old 03-24-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I believe that it should be discouraged. When we adopted our son with DS at age 4 weeks, the doctor told us we could have it done, but it really wasn't necessary. I had it done to my older son out of ignorance, and if I could back in time, I would not do it again. My son with DS has had zero issues, and he seems to be more than capable of keeping it clean, etc. for the last 35 years. Of course, he isn't sexually active with a variety of people who carry STDs, and seriously anyone not practicing safe sex has more serious issues to deal with than circumcision.

Like ALL medical procedures, this should be carefully explained to the parent(s), so they can make an informed choice.

Ban it? Better to educate and hope the parent(s) have enough sense to make the best decision for their child.
Exactly. Should not be banned, but people need to do their homework. There are pros and cons to both approaches. The people on here who are flatly for or against are clueless.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Yes - because we should take what we see in adult films and apply that to the general population. Sounds brilliant
Well you clearly refuse to take any other data and apply it to your critical thinking skills.

Quote:
The WHO estimates that the overall male circumcision rate in the states is somewhere between 76 and 92 percent.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-circumcision/

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Why would Afghanistan or Sudan ban it? No nation currently bans it.
Wrong. Muslims countries ban it.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Says the guy who uses "adult film" stars as his comparison to the general populace. You're about as brilliant as you come off.
When someone ignores the data, you use an analogy.

I can’t help that you don’t understand basic data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies