Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 10:28 PM

8,031 posts, read 3,604,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Our media is FOS about many things. That said passing on info. from a NATO source is much more believable that either guesswork or info from say Pravda or TASS.
But the source is actually Ukraine. And speaking of Pravda , as I mentioned previously all news channels were consolidated to "tell the truth".. Sorry, count me sceptical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 11:46 PM

19,574 posts, read 17,852,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
But the source is actually Ukraine. And speaking of Pravda , as I mentioned previously all news channels were consolidated to "tell the truth".. Sorry, count me sceptical.
Some of the info. is Ukraine supplied. NATO has access to drone and satellite footage etc.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:25 AM

24,387 posts, read 9,256,035 times
Quote:
and lost ~10% of its conventional war machine.

Anyone want to argue this is going well for Putin and his cabal?
It doesn't have to go well. They still have 2 million troops in reserve....

Win or lose, the number of troops they lose is irrelevant. Did you skip history class when it discussed Operation Barbarossa?

Both sides will come to a compromise to save face, eventually, and the war will be over.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:40 AM

2,256 posts, read 996,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Win or lose, the number of troops they lose is irrelevant. Did you skip history class when it discussed Operation Barbarossa?

Both sides will come to a compromise to save face, eventually, and the war will be over.
Cannon fodder...Rocko...bring 'em on...more body bags for brave Ukrainian fighters
to fill and send back to mother Russia

Old 03-24-2022, 12:44 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,329,943 times
If they're already resorting to using what's in the first photo, I expect the Russians to soon deploy what's in the second photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Per WSJ, NATO says Russia has suffered 40,000 KIA+WIA+MIA+POW in Ukraine so far......-fbb8c4d5-e4a5-4e81-a719-30acc2570282.jpeg   Per WSJ, NATO says Russia has suffered 40,000 KIA+WIA+MIA+POW in Ukraine so far......-6ec3a1df-26f9-4f53-92b0-ad37e85aeb3c.jpeg  

Old 03-24-2022, 01:03 AM

2,284 posts, read 631,829 times
Some of you should remember Vietnam. Whenever there was a battle, USA reported a high number of VietCong casualties. One reporter decided to go back and add up all the casualties across all battles and he found the USA was claiming more VietCong killed than the entire population of Vietnam.

40,000 is basically 1/5 of their invading force. To lose that in 30 days we’d see Russia suing for peace.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:20 AM

9,130 posts, read 5,774,355 times
Quote:

For some reason I can't get the link to copy.....I'll try to edit it in paywall and all.
Reduced by 10%? Hmmm.
For once the word decimated can be used correctly.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:32 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,826,678 times
Quote:

No argument from me. We have Ukraine to thank for exposing the weakness of the Russian military.

We already knew they were weak in economy, innovation, etc... nothing but a gas station, really.

Now they are softened up and we can take Putin out before he fulfills his dream of becoming the next Hitler.

And China will think twice about going against the West.

Old 03-24-2022, 03:38 AM

30,000 posts, read 18,827,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Yeah I've been thinking about your last sentence since the first week of this war, what could be compromised by both Ukraine and Russia to come to a peace, I don't see an obvious solution which could make this war drag on for awhile unfortunately.

I don't understand why Pupin would attack Ukraine, at least we have not been honestly told anything by the Fake News we get bombarded with daily of his motivations.

Old 03-24-2022, 04:05 AM

12,310 posts, read 8,040,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'll believe it when both sides post some figures, because I never just go by one biased source only. Having said that, Russia has a history of sloppy, very costly offensives that don't go as planned... Or maybe they don't plan and they just wing it??? According to some sources, the military was sent to Ukraine on a "training exercise"... So maybe the latter is the case this time around? I think Putin greatly overestimated how much support he would find in Ukraine, and underestimated how long his opposition would continue to stand and fight.

FWIW, Russia lost about 1 in 7 (civilians included) of it's population during WW2. So large, seemingly unacceptable death tolls are not that unusual for Russia during war times.
But then when Russians continued to fight with those casualties it was when France or the Nazis invading them. In this case the Russians are the to invaders and it is is the Ukrainian public that will continue the fight to maintain their self determination. While the Russians are wondering why a generation of men are disabled and dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies