Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 04:03 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,916,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Clinton should be in jail for interfering with an election.
You, me and anyone else will, but the Clintons are untouchable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2022, 04:25 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Prove it isn't.

Please give a provable lie.

Anyway, the side who claims "Jan 6 was worse than 9/11" has no room to talk.
Sorry, I come from a 'fact pleading' jurisdiction and that is pure opinion. Some opinions are more accurate than others and that one is just laughable.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:45 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Sorry, I come from a 'fact pleading' jurisdiction and that is pure opinion.
You'd quoted my post where I'd specifically asked the other poster to show the "mess of misspellings" and "lies" that she was claiming. Then you put in something that is "opinion"? Seems you were trying to pass that opinion off as a lie, you just weren't expecting to be called on it.

Quote:
Some opinions are more accurate than others and that one is just laughable.
Like yours?

Old 03-25-2022, 04:51 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Yes, indeed.

From what I've read, the filing is a mess of misspellings, and lies. More of a press release, really. Something to rile up his base of donors.

Hard to imagine Trump going through with this case through discovery.
Have an original source, or are you outsourcing your thought process to whoever says something you like?

Old 03-25-2022, 04:53 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Paragraph 1 of the complaint says the actions of the defendants:
https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...610157.1.0.pdf

Give me a break! That just sounds silly.
I thought it got right to the point.

Yes, this is far more serious than Watergate.

Old 03-25-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
You'd quoted my post where I'd specifically asked the other poster to show the "mess of misspellings" and "lies" that she was claiming. Then you put in something that is "opinion"? Seems you were trying to pass that opinion off as a lie, you just weren't expecting to be called on it.
If you noticed, the complaint is rife with opinion; some of it laughable. In 'fact pleading' jurisdictions, lawyers plead facts, not their opinions as to what happened. I think that is a better system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes, this is far more serious than Watergate.
The president of the US was an unindicted co-conspirator in Watergate. This isn't even a criminal complaint. Two AGs resigned in Watergate and one went to jail.

You're just wrong.

Old 03-25-2022, 05:57 PM

Quote:
If you noticed, the complaint is rife with opinion; some of it laughable. In 'fact pleading' jurisdictions, lawyers plead facts, not their opinions as to what happened. I think that is a better system.

The president of the US was an unindicted co-conspirator in Watergate. This isn't even a criminal complaint. Two AGs resigned in Watergate and one went to jail.

You're just wrong.
Quote:
Legal Complaint
A legal complaint, or civil complaint, is the first document filed in a case, and it is often served along with a summons. The purpose of a legal complaint is to lay out all of the facts and reasons why the plaintiff decided to bring the suit, along with the case law that supports his decision to bring the suit. Some of the information that is typically listed in these documents includes:

Allegations against the defendant
The specific laws the defendant allegedly violated
The facts that led to the lawsuit being filed
Plaintiff’s demands for the defendant to follow to make good on what he allegedly did wrong
https://legaldictionary.net/complaint/

You are out of your depth, and floundering.

Old 03-25-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
https://legaldictionary.net/complaint/

You are out of your depth, and floundering.
You see what it says about laying out facts (not argument!) in a complaint? Consider that. That dictionary snippet supports what I posted. Comparing any incident to one 40 years ago is not laying out facts and really is not what is appropriate in a civil complaint.

And leave off the personal remarks. You don't know my background.

Old 03-25-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
You see what it says about laying out facts (not argument!) in a complaint? Consider that. That dictionary snippet supports what I posted. Comparing any incident to one 40 years ago is not laying out facts and really is not what is appropriate in a civil complaint.
Reasons and allegations.

Definition of reason
1a: a statement offered in explanation or justification
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reason

allegation
1. An assertion that someone has done something wrong, often without proof: Allegations of excessive drinking tarnished the CEO's reputation.
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/allegation
Quote:
And leave off the personal remarks. You don't know my background.
The same could be said of you.

Also, you still have not addressed why you felt the need to quote my post to talk about "opinion".

Old 03-26-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Reasons and allegations.
To state some allegation is worse than a historical incident, can be nothing more than an opinion. There has been no factual determination of what incident was worse and there really could not be. What difference does it make?

For a lawyer to put that type of nonsense in a legal complaint is just ridiculous. Habba has shown herself previously not to have the type of experience or judgment to be handling cases of national import. Now they are trying to sue in Florida? What part of their allegations took place in Florida? Probably none. The defendants don't reside in FL, either, so they certainly will try to have the case moved to a different jurisdiction. Those are some of the basic rules of federal jurisdiction.

Plus, in order to go forward with this suit, as others have noted, Trump will have to make himself available to sit for a deposition. I can't wait to see that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies