Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2022, 04:51 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Do you have me on your "ignore" list? Am I far enough left to warrant that?
No, you're not on my ignore list and I don't put people on it simply for being a leftist. I put them on it because of their personal attacks, juvenile insults and uncivil debate tactics.

Old 03-28-2022, 06:15 PM

1,094 posts, read 883,657 times
Liberals will not be happy until:

- All of their wacky beliefs are proved scientifically to be true.
- Government can create wealth.
- Government will take care of everyone.
- Everything they are afraid of is banned.
- Globbal warming is cured.

Old 03-28-2022, 08:46 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,027 times
I think we can all agree though that we Independent voters are the happiest because we feel the least pressure to put the cape on for any political party, which takes a lot of pressure off of us.

And we can switch our votes around to our liking without feeling or being treated like "traitors."

It's a great feeling.

Old 03-29-2022, 01:17 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
I think we can all agree though that we Independent voters are the happiest because we feel the least pressure to put the cape on for any political party, which takes a lot of pressure off of us.

And we can switch our votes around to our liking without feeling or being treated like "traitors."

It's a great feeling.
I was Republican, then independent. Now im probably considered a far left liberal. But before Trump I was willing to vote either way.

I'm happier then when I was a Republican-which given things surprises me. But im less happy then when I was a independent. I would love to see the GOP go back to its roots and maybe grab a vote or two from me. But as it is? I just cant.

Old 03-29-2022, 01:32 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I saw this the other day and now I understand a bit better why so many Democrats are not happy people. It is that they suffer and battle everyday with "white guilt".
Trumpers aren't happy either. When you fall for the extreme on either side, everything will make you angry and you'll never be happy.

Old 03-29-2022, 02:20 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Trumpers aren't happy either. When you fall for the extreme on either side, everything will make you angry and you'll never be happy.
100%. The actual far left folks? Pretty unhappy. The far right folks? Same. Id love a third, or even 4th viable party.

Old 03-29-2022, 02:52 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Anyone with extreme viewpoints that root for political parties like they're baseball teams tend to be the unhappy ones (and it doesn't matter on the party). This thread is a bit of an oxymoron and you need not look any further then the first page of this forum to realize that. Right now the most unhappy one seem to be those that self-label themselves as conservatives. Three years ago it would have been quite the opposite. Hard to imagine the original poster doesn't realize this.

Old 03-29-2022, 05:08 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Indeed. Looking at the threads started recently that appears to be those that self identify as Conservative. I don't doubt that between 2016-2020 it was those that self identify as Liberal.

How unfortunate for them that everything in their lives have to do with politics, especially when they have little control over the situation. But the same cast of characters continue to rant day in and day out.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Too many of them don't seem to have the "wisdom" part of the equation down.
"How unfortunate for them that everything in their lives have to do with politics,"
OK. let me get this straight.
You come to a forum entitled "POLITICS and other Controversies, where people talk about POLITICS.

And being the genius you are, you deduct that, "everything in their lives have to do with politics,"

OOOOOOK!!!

Old 03-29-2022, 06:35 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
Liberals will not be happy until:

- All of their wacky beliefs are proved scientifically to be true.
- Government can create wealth.
- Government will take care of everyone.
- Everything they are afraid of is banned.
- Globbal warming is cured.
And they find some new cause to protest about.

Old 03-29-2022, 06:44 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I would disagree with you.

In my observation, people who are the unhappiest are the very far right wing. "Get off my lawn" guy.

Grumpy old men.
You think all "grumpy old men" are "far right wing"?

That's hilarious!

Newsflash: Being a "grumpy old man" has nothing to do with political affiliation and everything to do with a lifetime of experiences. That's why there are no "grumpy young men."

Your observations are not representative of society at large. "Science" proves it! Here's a plethora of data for you to peruse:

https://search.brave.com/search?q=wh...+left+or+right

By the way, this isn't new information. It's been known in psychology circles basically forever. Conservatives tend to be more religious than non-conservatives, and religion is a key determinant in whether people tend to be happy (at a societal scale, don't flip out).

It's ok. It's not a contest. You don't have to defend just for the sake of defending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies