Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 05:17 AM

597 posts, read 1,026,176 times

Advertisements

It must really drive Democrats crazy that Trump is no longer the worst person in the world since Putin invaded Ukraine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 05:39 AM

33,287 posts, read 12,476,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
If the election didn’t have so many discrepancies, then Trump would have no trouble conceding. Still, his protest of the election pails in comparison to what the Left and Democrats did for 4+ years after 2016.
Which is irrelevant because criticizing Trump's post election behavior doesn't require being 'on the left', nor being a Democrat, and plenty of the critics are neither of those things.

Old 03-27-2022, 05:41 AM

33,287 posts, read 12,476,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The only one crying is Trump because he still can't accept the fact he lost. It bruised his ego. It was an embarrassment to our country when he disrespected the tradition of a peaceful transfer of power. There was no thought to our country. It was just all about him.
Yep.

He even said at his most recent rally that he won twice.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:27 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,766,577 times
As much as I cannot stand the modern day Democrat insane policies and realize they all need to get booted out in 2022 and 2024, I think two things need to happen on the Republican side.

1) Stop claiming Trump won the 2020 election. He did not. There were simply not enough votes changed to make that happen across several states he would have needed. All the votes could have been changed in one or two states and he still would have lost. Now you certainly can look at and take issue with governors overruling the state legislative branch to alter how people can vote and that would be valid, but I doubt even that would have added up to enough to change the outcome across several states required to change the electoral outcome.

2) Don't let Trump run again. As much as I would find enjoyment watching liberals loose their minds if Trump become President again and as much as an improvement that would be in pure policy, you really risk motivating the left and the media they run to come together to defeat him. Trump would also torch everyone else in the primaries, leading to a Democrat win. You should run someone with the same sort of policies, but without the defective personality and win in a landslide.

People are extremely unhappy with everything the Democrats have done in every poll done. They want a redo. Don't blow it by nominating or even letting Trump run. He will end up costing you.

So Republicans, Independents and sane Democrats, ask yourself this. Is you first motivation to oust these crazy Democrats and start passing better legislation or is it simply to get Trump back in power?

Old 03-27-2022, 08:33 AM

30,347 posts, read 19,114,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
It must really drive Democrats crazy that Trump is no longer the worst person in the world since Putin invaded Ukraine.
Libs hate that Trump prevented Pupin from attacking and killing his neighbors like Obama's line in the sand whereby Putin immediately jumped across and Biden's do nothing attitude leading up to the current war....Democrats would much prefer a nuclear holocaust than admit Trump was correct in how he dealt with Putin.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:42 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,068,381 times
What do you mean by "Don't let Trump run again"? Like, you think we can STOP him? First of all, it's up to the party who will run. And he IS very popular. There isn't anyone else in the running, is there? I mean someone AS strong and able to defeat the Democrats. I like DeSantis but I don't think he's got more power and supporters than Trump at this point. The title of the post is "Donald Trump’s Favorability Rating Tops Every National Political Figure". Read the title.

Otherwise we will be stuck with a RINO politician like Mitt Romney, he cannot win and is washed up.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:08 AM

15,397 posts, read 7,454,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So you are saying Democrats spend less and care for the poor and are not racists?

We are trying to understand your posts. You are a liberal (allegedly) that wants less government (less spending, same thing) pro 2nd Amendment, less racism and pro poor and can't vote Republican but vote Democrat?

More confused than a cockroach without antennas.
Democrats have better spending priorities. The majority of racists I meet are Republicans worried about the growth in minority population is going to remove them from their current positions of power.

Republicans, especially here in Texas, are goin gout of their way to cause harm to less advantaged populations with the tougher abortion laws, harassment of transgendered kids, obvious hatred for gays, efforts to get rid of same sex marriage because it goes against their "sincerely held religious beliefs", etc. I don't care what mythical sky daddy someone wants to pray to, but you do not get to force that on anyone else.

I also despise the Republicans for their fealty to Donald Trump, a completely worthless human being with not one redeeming quality. It will be a great day when he is perp walked out of his home in handcuffs.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I think you need to stop watching CNN and start thinking for yourself.
I didn't have to watch CNN, just listening to the sickening garbage coming out of his mouth was enough.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:11 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,896,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I voted for Biden, not because he's a Democrat, but because he's not an insane ego driven maniac

Yeah.

I mean, he just sniffs children, tells American soldiers they will be invading a country whilst his own administration denies it, has a daughter who accused him of possible sexual abuse, opened our borders to hordes of criminals, allows racism to be taught in our schools, forced medical tyranny upon the populous, and actually chose the babbling infant that is Kamala Harris as his "In Case of Emergency Break Glass" back up Pres.

I mean, he's not insane or anything.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yes, he could have. I've said this all along. But he chose to put himself first and wanted loyalty to him. If you weren't loyal then you were his enemy. So not only were all democrats in the country his enemies, because they weren't loyal, but also many of his cabinet members and republicans in congress who spoke against him. This is not how our country is run. We are not a dictatorship. Presidents are public servants just like everyone in congress. They report to us not the other way around.
One of the reasons Trump fired Rex Tillerson was that Tillerson would agree with the policy, but point out that Trump's desired methods to achieve the policy goal were against the law. Trump doesn't think he should have to follow any laws he doesn't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies