Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2022, 01:26 PM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times

Advertisements

To think then a couple of days before, Steven Crowder talked about "fat studies" and Cat Pause...
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/edu...-dies-suddenly

Quote:
Cat Pause,​ an academic whose research explored the impacts of “fat stigma”, has died.

A fat studies researcher, Pause's work focused on the wellbeing of overweight people and “the effects of spoiled identities” on their health.

Labour MP Deborah Russell​ shared news of Pause’s death on Saturday via her Twitter account.

“I know very few details except that our darling friend died in her sleep last night. I am so very sad, and I know that many in academic and union circles will be shocked and saddened too,” Russell wrote.
I almost forgot, here Steven Crowder's vlog in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bekDq_Ebi2I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2022, 02:27 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Other than the name “Cat Pause,” which I hope is an assumed name and not what the individual’s parents stuck them with, what’s controversial about this person dying?

Old 03-27-2022, 06:18 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
My condolences to her family and close friends.

Old 03-27-2022, 06:22 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Sadly being morbidly obese leaves you open to all kinds of health problems and generally limits life expectancy.

All the 'fat studies' in the world don't change the actual medical advice regarding morbid obesity.

Still - RIP.

Old 03-27-2022, 12:44 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
To think then a couple of days before, Steven Crowder talked about "fat studies" and Cat Pause...
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/edu...-dies-suddenly

I almost forgot, here Steven Crowder's vlog in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bekDq_Ebi2I
I guess the "fat stigma" was real and obesity is really bad for your health!

These woke idiots never fail to entertain when their heartfelt missions blow up in their faces. The rest of us, who still have critical thinking and common sense, can witness the self destruction of libs.

Who would have ever thought that weighing 350-400 lbs could reduce life expectancy?

Old 03-27-2022, 02:43 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
I thought you were talking about a real cat, in the title. Like a little mascot who was homeless and made the university their home, or something.

Who would name their kid "Cat Pause"? Or, weirder, who would name themselves that?

Aaaaand 54 seconds in, we see "Cat Pause".

I'm going with mental illness on the name, excessive eating, and acting like there's nothing wrong with any of it.

The only person "oppressing" Cat Pause was Cat Pause, herself.

Old 03-27-2022, 03:27 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Other than the name “Cat Pause,” which I hope is an assumed name and not what the individual’s parents stuck them with, what’s controversial about this person dying?
Not "controversial", more "ironic". She was a part of a group that one could argue places the politics of obesity ahead of the health aspects. Therefore if she passed as a side effect of obesity, then folks will be inclined to emphasize that relationship.

Not too dissimilar to the rash of "person X who was an anti-vaxxer dies of the 'rona" that we've been subject to over the last couple of years.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:50 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Quote:
A liberal University professor who taught students that being fat was healthy died suddenly in her sleep this weekend
https://newspunch.com/liberal-fat-st...-in-her-sleep/

Old 03-27-2022, 09:38 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Sadly being morbidly obese leaves you open to all kinds of health problems and generally limits life expectancy.

All the 'fat studies' in the world don't change the actual medical advice regarding morbid obesity.

Still - RIP.
Excellent post. Morbid obesity is without a doubt dangerous, hence the name “morbid” being part of the label. So much of her life was left to live. Obesity robbed her of years.

RIP

Old 03-27-2022, 09:47 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,746 times
Bottom line: The human heart is like an engine. It requires the proper fuel and the proper upkeep.

Your 'feels' about 'shame' have nothing to do with that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies