Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 07:17 PM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times

Advertisements

Patrick Lancaster has lived in Ukraine since May 26, 2014, shortly before the war started (it didn't start just 4 weeks ago, he says).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RVn_bslSKQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2022, 09:46 PM

2,309 posts, read 956,773 times
Patrick Lancaster's channel.
https://www.youtube.com/c/PatrickLancasterNewsToday

Old 03-28-2022, 04:03 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,706,188 times
Yes, this war didn't start just 4 weeks ago.

Old 03-28-2022, 04:37 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
I won't open youtube video's like this. Can anyone summarize?

Last edited by beach43ofus; 03-28-2022 at 05:45 AM..

Old 03-28-2022, 05:45 AM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
I watched 5 minutes of it. They were babbling on about who was ethnically Russian and who actually wanted to become Russian again, and so forth. And, of course, the usual babble about how "the western media" reports it all wrong.

It doesn't seem very important to me. You could probably go to Texas and find lots of people who are ethnically Mexican and would like Texas to become part of Mexico, but it wouldn't change anything.
If Mexico began shelling Austin and drove their tanks up the interstate that would be a bunch of people whooping and hollering in the streets in Texas, but the fact of the matter is, those people don't count. The country's border has already been decided.

It's clear Russia is shelling residential areas and killing non combatants. I don't really need much of an analysis offered up to explain why. "Why" doesn't matter.

Old 03-28-2022, 07:40 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I watched 5 minutes of it. They were babbling on about who was ethnically Russian and who actually wanted to become Russian again, and so forth. And, of course, the usual babble about how "the western media" reports it all wrong.

It doesn't seem very important to me. You could probably go to Texas and find lots of people who are ethnically Mexican and would like Texas to become part of Mexico, but it wouldn't change anything.
If Mexico began shelling Austin and drove their tanks up the interstate that would be a bunch of people whooping and hollering in the streets in Texas, but the fact of the matter is, those people don't count. The country's border has already been decided.

It's clear Russia is shelling residential areas and killing non combatants. I don't really need much of an analysis offered up to explain why. "Why" doesn't matter.

I think the issue of being ethnically russian or ukrainian has much more significance and recency than you would think. Stalin starved millions of ukrainians during the ussr rule. The areas that have russian ethnicities are tied with soviet era military bases or industrial investments.

Old 03-28-2022, 07:55 AM

19,014 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Quote:

Yeah, it does. It is called "casus belli" and is, actually, internationally accepted. Matter of fact, one Joseph Biden just said last week that, if Russia were to use chemical or biological weapons, that would create a casus belli. Of course, HE is allowed to say whatever he wants to, right? Just like Powell could shake a small vial of some white powder at the UN.

But, this does not matter, just like 8 years of DNR/LNDR being shelled does not matter. As you said, It doesn't seem very important to me.

OK, maybe Mr Lancaster is not a best presenter. He's only "babbling". Will Oliver Stone be a better option then? After all, he is world renowned film maker. Maybe, try Ukraine on Fire? Certainly, if you could still find it as, it is censored and scraped from every media.

Though, most likely, it will be too long, as it's clearly longer than 5 minutes of attention possible

https://newtube.app/user/Fredyatelmstreet13/C5WrnQA

Old 03-28-2022, 07:57 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times
All husbands should check their wives' emails before they are sent.

Old 03-28-2022, 08:02 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
All husbands should check their wives' emails before they are sent.
Thanks for the PSA

Old 03-28-2022, 08:08 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:

Even your analogies suck. Its would be like Texans protesting a coup in the US and then pro coup paramilitary groups shooting the protestors and burning them alive. Then it would be that break away part forming their own paramilitary and then the pro coup forces in Washington starting to bomb the break away area. And then Mexico supporting the break away.

Quote:

its clear you haven't read of any of the history, don't now any of the people and have never been near the place.

If you want something compatible here is what the US thinks of national sovereignty when its interests are threatened.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...invades-panama

At the time no one was around to make a proxy war out of it because the US had almost complete hegemony.

So it was low causality. if the US had a rival it would have been another wasteland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies