Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 10:02 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Bidens words didn't upset a woman that lives on my street who is originally from Ukraine. She still has relatives living there. She said it's the best thing she has heard from Biden. That you can't end a War in Europe if you don't acknowledge the root of the problem (Putin). The same as it was with Hitler. Obviously people knew that and tried to remove him, unfortunately attempts failed.. I completely agree with her and her belief and I will add. You don't deal with a bully by letting them know you fear their threats. Doing so just increases their control over you and postpones the inevitable. Putin has made serious threats towards all of us. However all I see the World doing other than Ukraine is cowering to Putin. Biden let Putin know point blank Enough is Enough and his War is completely unacceptable. I'm actually proud of Biden for having the courage to stand up to this Woke World.

I'm actually ashamed of our White House staff having the gall, to say the president didn't mean his words. Biden said exactly what should have been said. Putin needs to go and the Russians need to remove him.
as has been shown here repeatedly, xoe himself says he didn't mean his words. be ashamed of him too, i guess?

Old 03-28-2022, 10:43 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Biden should do what he did in 2020-hide year round in a basement.
He hides in Delaware every weekend.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:58 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcr View Post
Who is "xoe?"

Who hides in Delaware...??
Click the hypertext and find out. Alternatively, you could continue bto pretend to not to know.

Old 03-28-2022, 12:08 PM

631 posts, read 289,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Bidens words didn't upset a woman that lives on my street who is originally from Ukraine. She still has relatives living there. She said it's the best thing she has heard from Biden. That you can't end a War in Europe if you don't acknowledge the root of the problem (Putin). The same as it was with Hitler. Obviously people knew that and tried to remove him, unfortunately attempts failed.. I completely agree with her and her belief and I will add. You don't deal with a bully by letting them know you fear their threats. Doing so just increases their control over you and postpones the inevitable. Putin has made serious threats towards all of us. However all I see the World doing other than Ukraine is cowering to Putin. Biden let Putin know point blank Enough is Enough and his War is completely unacceptable. I'm actually proud of Biden for having the courage to stand up to this Woke World.

I'm actually ashamed of our White House staff having the gall, to say the president didn't mean his words. Biden said exactly what should have been said. Putin needs to go and the Russians need to remove him.
If you want someone 'to go,' you don't announce it. You do something about it -- or you don't. But don't blather inflammatory nonsense. No amount of foot stomping and exclamations about Hitler needing to go would have removed Hitler. Only war, unfortunately, did. Even the assassination attempt with a bomb failed -- and that was something someone brave was actually willing to do, not just talk empty words.

That said, we already have unsavory regimes talking big about this or that needing to go. For example, Iran has been voicing the need of Israel to be wiped off the map for years now. Leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. You? Does it make you feel more enjoined and secure that the ayatollahs are just being honest and upfront that they would try to do that if they could? They're simply speaking their minds...

Personally, I'd like my president to show a little more discretion and judgment. I'd also like him to have more sense than a kid in elementary school.

Last edited by Timaea; 03-28-2022 at 12:21 PM..

Old 03-28-2022, 12:49 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
as has been shown here repeatedly, xoe himself says he didn't mean his words. be ashamed of him too, i guess?
Joe doesn’t stand by his word, but backtracks practically everything he says that his handlers don’t like.

Old 03-28-2022, 01:11 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
WH still backpedaling, now claiming Biden “improvised” his speech on Putin.

Well that’s even worse, a president who can’t even give an impromptu speech without causing WW3

Old 03-28-2022, 01:26 PM

268 posts, read 92,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
It was the best line in that speech....and if you look all across twitter land the vast majority agree. Enough with the pearl clutching....his words reflected the will of the people.
I wish I could travel to an alternate universe and see what your comment would have been if Trump had said it.

Old 03-28-2022, 01:31 PM

17,422 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Where is the backpedaling? How is he causing "WW3?"

His statement was a clear thought on what most of the sane world believes. What's odd, but predictable is irrational statement that his statement was a policy statement. It was clearly not. But, hey, pearl clutching is popular.
Well, you're right. Biden isn't backpedalling ... he actually just said he never said it.

Old 03-28-2022, 01:33 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Well, you're right. Biden isn't backpedalling ... he actually just said he never said it.

Old 03-28-2022, 01:56 PM

1,353 posts, read 789,796 times
Quote:
Who is "xoe?"

Who hides in Delaware...??
You need more ice cream, dude!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies