Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Sending US Troops/Engaging in a Shooting War With Russia Right Now?
Yes, and I lean right 12 6.70%
No, and I lean right 120 67.04%
Yes, and I lean left 9 5.03%
No, and I lean left 38 21.23%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 03:12 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,099 times

Advertisements

Apparently some people have forgotten Viet Nam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 03:15 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
My answer is no - more accurately, "Hell, no, what a stupid idea" - but I refuse to be pigeonholed by the choices in the poll.

Old 03-27-2022, 03:21 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
I just wanna know what business any of it is of ours.

Old 03-27-2022, 03:22 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDuncanitis View Post
The media seems to be doing the most war mongering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjnzKrvPkiw
The propaganda arm of the DNC (CNN,MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc) have been itching to get us into a new war, since the last one ended a few months ago... I'm sure they thought Afghanistan was getting a little boring and stale.

Old 03-27-2022, 03:24 PM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
The Ukraine is playing the wrong game, they should of and could have been playing the MAD game (mutually assured Destruction)
But the foolish Ukrainians took the word of a Democrat (Bill Clinton), and gave up there Nuclear weapons.
https://www.dw.com/en/ukraines-forgo...dum/a-18111097

They should have seen the writing on the wall when another Democrat allowed there land to be stolen from them (Obama/ The Crimea).

Now the final nail will be driven into the Ukraine with yet another feckless Democrat at the helm.

Word to the wise, "Never, ever trust a Democrat, your life and freedom could depend on it"

If I was the leader of Taiwan right now I would have every scientist, and engineer on that island working on building a short range thermo nuclear missile ASAP!
^^^post of the day

Old 03-27-2022, 03:25 PM

106 posts, read 28,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
The propaganda arm of the DNC (CNN,MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc) have been itching to get us into a new war, since the last one ended a few months ago... I'm sure they thought Afghanistan was getting a little boring and stale.
Not just DNC platforms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNW-...rtw%2FSamSeder

These news corps share the same interests.

Old 03-27-2022, 03:29 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
As An American, Do You Support Fighting a Hot War With Russia?

No, I support fighting (US troops along with western European nations) a "hot war" against whoever invades Ukraine. And that war will be limited to making the invader unable to invade, and he leaves and doesn't come back. And to do it as quickly and overwhelmingly as possible. And once the invader leaves, all the nations that defeated them will withdraw and bring their forces home.

If Romania invades Ukraine, then that's who the war will be against.
If Moldova invades Ukraine, then that's who the war will be against.
If Russia invades Ukraine, then that's who the war will be against.
If Poland invades Ukraine, then that's who the war will be against.
If Belarus invades Ukraine, then that's who the war will be against.
If Hungary invades Ukraine, then that's who the war will be against.

Who we go to war against in Ukraine, is up to the nation that decides to invade them. Do THEY want to risk a major war with US?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You do realize that its a civil war

Ukraine was already invaded by NATO in 2014.
Yep, uh-huh. Whatever you say.

Old 03-27-2022, 03:31 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
So question.. if almost no one wants a war with russia... why do we keep seeing people calling for it everyplace? Humn!

Old 03-27-2022, 03:34 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
So it's clear we are fighting an all out economic war with Russia.
You never stopped fighting an economic war with Russia.

You first attacked Russia when you and the Brits forced Germany to stop paying war reparations to Russia in violation of international law and the treaty between Germany and the Soviet Union.

The Russians had every legal right to start WW III to force Germany to resume payments, but instead they chose to peaceably protest and blockade US, British and French access to Berlin.

After your butt-hurt there, you and the Brits barred East Bloc currencies from being traded on the global market.

What do you suppose your life would be like if the world refused to accept US Dollars in payment for trade goods?

Your suffering would be legendary, even in Hell, but Eastern Europeans survived.

1996 was the first year Russian Rubles could legally be traded.

Ukraine is all about economics. It's about maintaining your Standard of Living so it doesn't collapse and to do that, you have to carve up eastern Russia and set up puppet dictators and rape the people of all their wealth and resources, just like you've done to dozens and dozens of countries around the world for the last 120+ years.

Obama was right about one thing. You didn't build that. The 3rd and 4th World built it for you.

They suffered while you stole all their wealth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm also curious about the political ideology of those who support/oppose taking such drastic measures.
I'm an ultra-Conservative and not one of the Trotskyites-turned-Neo-Cons or pseudo-Cons or Jesus-Cons.

If Ukraine loses, then it will be very difficult for the US to carve up eastern Russia and steal all the wealth and resources so's you can continue to consume 34% of the World's non-oil resources.

You'll have to tone down your Standard of Living a few notches.

The 1990s wasn't so bad, and it's way better than the late 1960s/early 1970s Standard of Living, but you'll survive, and that's way better than the alternative which is not surviving at all.

Old 03-27-2022, 03:38 PM

1,345 posts, read 474,107 times
Certainly not! If anything I'd like for there to be a number of initiatives enacted such as cutting off military aid to Ukraine (at least to the extremist elements embedded within their government), investigating the biolabs, stop allowing Ukraine to be a hot spot for exploitative business affairs of western figureheads, and recognising the detrimental role the US has had in the corruption of that country.

If they want to be part of the EU then that's their business. Russia would likely prefer a Ukraine that's an economic partner of theirs but so long as it's not part of NATO, there might be more tolerance. I think. You could probably get more amenability if there was a recognition for autonomy in the Russian speaking areas of the country. It's not just Russians though. A plethora of languages like Romanian, Hungarian, Polish and others are used in certain areas of the country. The territorial evolution of Ukraine over the past 90 years saw it gaining portions of Hungary, Poland, and Romania where members of those ethnolingustic peoples reside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies