Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 09:54 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,196,626 times

Advertisements

Judging by Will's words and expression after the slap, Chris Rock's respond, Will's apology to the Oscars, and even Jaden reportedly crying, I don't think it was staged at all. I think some of us saying otherwise speaks to the deification of celebrities, even on a subconscious level. A-list celebs are not above reacting the same way everyday people would react to feeling insulted. However, it was a tad simp-ish on Will's behalf that he appeared to have actually laughed at the G.I. Jane reference at first, but then Jada basically gave him that look of ''you better do something or else''.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:54 AM

78 posts, read 27,363 times
The reason Hollywood exists is for all of the people who think the attack was “staged”. That was not staged. The oscars are like Apollo Theater now.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:55 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Allegedly the Academy Awards members had an "Emergency ZOOM Meeting" on whether or not to revoke Will Smiths Oscar.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rty-Smith.html

The article goes on about how hypocritical Hollywood is in praising the "alleged" violent outburst.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:56 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
No.
It was very evident from Will Smith's face that he was unhinged. It was also very evident from Chris Rock's face that he was embarrassed and didn't know how to handle the moment without blowing up the drama further.
Some people are no good at reading others, to think this was staged.
He's an actor.

lol.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:56 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I am a fan of both Christ Rock and Will Smith, but Rock went too far joking about Jada Pinkett-Smith's medical condition. You could tell some of those in the audience thought it was in bad taste, too with their groans. Then Rock made some comment about it not being that bad of a joke. Not at all saying Will Smith was right to hit him, but I understand it, too if that had been my wife.
Except Will Smith laughed at it but then had to "defend his wife's honor" because he's a cuckold.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:57 AM

9,866 posts, read 4,638,421 times
Has anyone Zaprudered all available footage and tape yet. Analyzed it with commentary like the Ali Frazier fights. Or Madden'd the action with diagrams.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:59 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Judging by Will's words and expression after the slap, Chris Rock's respond, Will's apology to the Oscars, and even Jaden reportedly crying, I don't think it was staged at all. I think some of us saying otherwise speaks to the deification of celebrities, even on a subconscious level. A-list celebs are not above reacting the same way everyday people would react to feeling insulted. However, it was a tad simp-ish on Will's behalf that he appeared to have actually laughed at the G.I. Jane reference at first, but then Jada basically gave him that look of ''you better do something or else''.
All part of the act.

Why wouldn't it be?

It's all fakery. All of it.

Old 03-28-2022, 10:02 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Another black on black crime that no one cares about... were the Oscar's held in Chicago? haha...
Only if there was shooting spree involved.

Old 03-28-2022, 10:03 AM

78 posts, read 27,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
All part of the act.

Why wouldn't it be?

It's all fakery. All of it.
If I walked up to you and punched you in the face with cameras everywhere and people watching, could I just tell the police “I was only acting” and get away with it?

This one of those black tribal things when blacks are going to stick up for anybody that is in their skin color tribe regardless of what crimes they commit. Rape, murder, it does not matter, if they are part of that tribe they will always defend their tribe.

Old 03-28-2022, 10:03 AM

23,548 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Staged.

When comedians tell insulting jokes about certain political figures the left always excuses them by saying 'he/she's a comedian telling a joke, lighten up'. Now it's different? (though, if someone like Roseanne had cracked that joke then she'd be run out of town)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No, I don't think it was staged. For one thing, it's hard to believe the Academy would green light such a stunt on live tv that could end up offending viewers especially if they got the audio feed cut off timing wrong. This is a family show and hearing loud vulgar language from Smith could have got the network a lot of backlash. Smith was an out of control man.

Also, Rock's reaction after being cussed at was completely natural and had no air of being scripted. He showed a moment of indecision and discomfort and then stumbled getting the next segment on the documentary award going. He was clearly in shock, but handled it amazingly well.
There was no backlash from the left when De Niro got up on stage at the Tony Awards and said **** Trump on national tv. There will be no backlash from them on this either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies