Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 08:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
No worries. He’ll just print and borrow more money and let everyone live rent free. Problem solved.
Why not? Bush II's measly $600 stimulus checks didn't stop his recession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Biden doesn't care and neither you should you, according to democrats. Recessions are good. They give us time to rest our feet and not worrying about having to pay our bills... Since we will own nothing and be happy... Or else...
Then explain to us why a new recession didn't start while Obama was president?

Old 03-30-2022, 09:02 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then explain to us why a new recession didn't start while Obama was president?
It sure did for many of us. Especially his damn idea about STEALING our tax refund for not having health insurance!!! One of the most evil things ever seen and hurt so many people who needed that money!!

Old 03-30-2022, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
It sure did for many of us. Especially his damn idea about STEALING our tax refund for not having health insurance!!! One of the most evil things ever seen and hurt so many people who needed that money!!
It didn't concern me. I could easily afford health insurance before ObamaCare was passed. But then when I was in my 20s and didn't have a decent paying job, I felt I didn't need health insurance and did okay without it. I never had a costly illness or accident.

Old 03-30-2022, 09:43 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
It didn't concern me. I could easily afford health insurance before ObamaCare was passed. But then when I was in my 20s and didn't have a decent paying job, I felt I didn't need health insurance and did okay without it. I never had a costly illness or accident.
So its all about you and not all those who suffered. You really are a democrat

Old 03-30-2022, 09:53 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Saw this story today. Considering the source, I would take it seriously...

BlackRock president warns ’entitled generation’ to ‘put their seatbelts on’ over speeding inflation

BlackRock President Rob Kapito warned that a "very entitled" generation of young people would soon have to face shortages for the first time in their lives as some goods grow scarce because of rising inflation.

“I would put on your seat belts because this is something that we haven’t seen,” said Kapito, who co-founded Blackrock, the world’s largest asset manager, along with CEO Larry Fink and retired vice president Susan Wagner.

Inflation is already at a 40-year high in the United States and it is accelerating across the globe as Russia’s war on Ukraine pushes oil prices to record highs, and COVID-19 supply chain issues exacerbate price pressures further.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...e5d9c2ce5d66d0

Old 03-30-2022, 10:07 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Why not? Bush II's measly $600 stimulus checks didn't stop his recession.
the 08 recession was due to liberal policies of the 90's

Old 03-30-2022, 10:13 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Biden certainly is setting a new standard for failure.

At this point I'd say it's pretty safe to say no matter who is President next and forever forward will be better than Biden.

I never had any faith in Biden, but I honestly never thought he would be THIS bad and this bad on so many things so quickly.

I guess Obama was right about Joe.
As if he is purposely creating damage at full speed ahead.
I say that as most others would have to have this goal to destroy things this quickly.

Old 03-31-2022, 07:21 AM

6,345 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Inflation started when Trump pushed 25% tariffs.

Prices started going crazy and US manufacturers just raised their prices to match the new import prices.

Then add all the electronic price increases on components.

Trump's policies started this and he pressured the Fed to hold interest rates down.

Add on Putin and OPEC+ with the attempt to kill our fracking by dumping as much oil on the market. Then cutting OPEC+ production.
Trump imposed the tariffs in 2018. The U.S. inflation rate for 2019 was 1.81%, a 0.63% decline from 2018.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:10 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The 5-year/30-year inversion is not the one that traditionally signals a future recession: That would be the 2-year/10-year. In fact, they've done research on that, and it's actually the spread between the 3-month and 10-year that gives the best signal for an upcoming recession. That one did indeed invert in 2019.

Right now, the spread between the 3-month and 10-year is still pretty wide. Here is a chart (you'll have to expand the sliders beneath the chart to see the full history):
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=o42z

Up to date data is here:
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/bond/tmubmusd03m
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/bond/tmubmusd10y

As I write this, the yield on the 3-month is 0.555%, and the yield on the 10-year is 2.354%, which is still quite a wide spread.
The 2 year/10 year inverted for a time last week and currently both the 5 year/10 year and 5 year/30 year are inverted. Inversions happening everywhere and probably why another company came out predicting a recession next year.

No worries though, I'm sure all those on the left will blame Republicans next year and totally forget about what is happening now to cause the recession. I will be there to remind them though.

Treasury yields invert as traders weigh U.S. recession risk

"The yield on the 2-year Treasury yield inched marginally lower to 2.424, while the benchmark 10-year Treasury note rose about 4 basis points to 2.412%. The yield on the 5-year government bond moved 1 basis point higher to 2.56% and the 30-year Treasury bond climbed about 5 basis points to 2.473%. "

Deutsche Bank Predicts U.S. Recession in ‘23 as Fed Boosts Rates

"The U.S. will tumble into a recession next year as the Federal Reserve jacks up interest rates to combat high and widening inflation, Deutsche Bank economists David Folkerts-Landau and Peter Hooper said in a report on Tuesday."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies