Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 09:57 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Being gay isn't political or religious.

Offering support to a student who approached him asking for it should certainly not be controversial either.
Neither should a student who asks a teacher about Jesus. But it is.

BTW, the Gay Pride movement is very political and is a religion to some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2022, 10:00 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Do you have you pitchfork and torch ready?

Nah, only the lefties use violence to get their point across.

Old 03-30-2022, 10:12 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So a teacher can wear a NRA pin. Have a guns and ammo magazine on their desk.

No one I know dealt with personal issues with a teacher, it was a counselor. That's their job.
How long has it been since you were in high school? I graduated in 1972 and teachers dealt with personal issues back then.

Old 03-30-2022, 10:14 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Nah, only the lefties use violence to get their point across.

I'm not the one advocating to 'run them out' for giving someone a bracelet.

Old 03-30-2022, 10:15 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
This.

And even in his "soul crushed" whining, he says his biggest sadness is not having access to the kids. Guarantee he has a history of LGBTexpialadocious proselytizing, and finally took it far enough that people he had been annoying for years finally had an excuse to end his annoyance.

No job is guaranteed, and when you annoy your boss, they are very un-guaranteed.
Unfortunately, some public sector ones are pretty close if the union is strong enough and it is in a jurisdiction that is friendly to that.

Old 03-30-2022, 10:15 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
How long has it been since you were in high school? I graduated in 1972 and teachers dealt with personal issues back then.
Yeah my school had a single guidance counselor whose full time job consisted of giving each student about 5 minutes of career/college guidance. Not someone you would go to because you didn't know them.

Last edited by notnamed; 03-30-2022 at 10:24 AM..

Old 03-30-2022, 10:17 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
My soul is crushed
Great. I guess that matches his crushed brain quite well, then.

Old 03-30-2022, 10:17 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Late 80s. No one I knew was buddy with a teacher. They sure didn't know us personally and we didn't know them personally. I can see that happening in a very small town but not in a big city. A teacher getting personal with a kid shoots up red flags now.

Old 03-30-2022, 10:25 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Late 80s. No one I knew was buddy with a teacher. They sure didn't know us personally and we didn't know them personally. I can see that happening in a very small town but not in a big city. A teacher getting personal with a kid shoots up red flags now.
Yep. I've been teaching for almost thirty years (university level) and in all that time, the students have known absolutely NOTHING of my personal life, unless they found out about it on their own outside of class (I keep a very low profile in ALL my personal interactions, so I've never even run into a student outside of class besides once). But as far as in class, they've never known of my politics, my interests, my hobbies, my marital status, etc. The only thing they have gotten from me is mathematics. Reason being, THAT is what I'm hired to teach. It's not a social club.

And as far as me knowing about the student's personal lives, the few I've interacted with on that level over the years were sent to those in the university who are hired to address such issues. Personal lives and and academic classrooms do not mix.

Old 03-30-2022, 10:52 AM

164 posts, read 54,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I'm not the one advocating to 'run them out' for giving someone a bracelet.
You seriously think "run them out" is a call for violence?

What if this teacher had passed out MAGA bracelets instead, and lectured on the virtues of Trump (and how much better the country was under his leadership as opposed to the current administraton). Would you be fine with it, or would you want to "run them out"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies