Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 09:59 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
She's a trans activist.

Wears a trans activist pin.

Patients comments in a negative way about the pin.

She stabs patient twice.

And then posts on social media about it. I'm SURE it was an accident and she was just 'learning.' I mean doesn't EVERYONE post on social media about all the mistakes that they make? Or do they post nonsense to make 'statements' that it's OK to retaliate against others who don't share your viewpoint and how PROUD thaey are that they harmed someone?
I'm not a fan of her wearing political pins. Keep that stuff at home. I had a nurse talking about Trump at one hospital stay and I had to tell her I was there for health care, not politics, and she got the message. The school may discipline the student. It's up to them. if they can prove it was intentional, then maybe she should be a cashier at Walmart instead of a nurse. But the story does not outrage me because we can't know her real intentions unless you are a mind reader. I'm not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2022, 10:07 AM

25,743 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And then posts on social media about it. I'm SURE it was an accident and she was just 'learning.' I mean doesn't EVERYONE post on social media about all the mistakes that they make?
This is a good point. Only a disturbed person would post to social media about harming another, even if it was a mistake (and of course, it's even worse if it wasn't a mistake--that's called sadism).

I came really close to either killing someone or really screwing him up for life at a job I had many years ago. It wasn't my fault per se, as it was a mistake made by the coworker. But I was the one operating the machinery and we were working a double shift--I was drowsy and didn't notice the potentially deadly thing that was about to happen. It came about a half inch from costing someone's life. That visual in my head still haunts me at times. No way would I ever brag about it. It was horrifying. It's one of those things where you say to yourself, "How could I have let that happen? Even if it was just a close call." Little Miss She/Her seems to revel in causing harm to others. Especially if they don't agree with her politics. Not someone who should be in the medical field.

Old 03-30-2022, 10:08 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm not a fan of her wearing political pins. Keep that stuff at home. I had a nurse talking about Trump at one hospital stay and I had to tell her I was there for health care, not politics, and she got the message. The school may discipline the student. It's up to them. if they can prove it was intentional, then maybe she should be a cashier at Walmart instead of a nurse. But the story does not outrage me because we can't know her real intentions unless you are a mind reader. I'm not.
You don't need to be a mind reader. Just have some common sense.

For argument sake: Say she truly needed to try multiple times to draw blood. She's terrible at it. Had to give it a go a few times before getting it right.

WHY post about it in a way that connects >>> Me no likey patient so me stabby patient hahahaha, funny funny.

Is that the mentality of a compassionate healthcare worker? Nope. She needs to go. Her ACTIVISM was more important than taking care of her patient.

That's the message here. She is putting the reputation of the school at risk.

Would YOU want to be treated by a doctor with that mentality? Maybe next time she gives a super low dose of painkiller so the patient suffers.

Old 03-30-2022, 10:13 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
What she did was totally wrong and NO ONE should excuse her for it. Even if not done intentionally - you then do not post on social media letting people assume you did do it to get back at him. I wonder if the patient were to see this if he could take legal action?

Old 03-30-2022, 10:16 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
A degree does not equal being intelligent.
Case in point, Brandon the potato has a degree, as do many left wing idiots...

Old 03-30-2022, 10:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This is a good point. Only a disturbed person would post to social media about harming another, even if it was a mistake (and of course, it's even worse if it wasn't a mistake--that's called sadism).

I came really close to either killing someone or really screwing him up for life at a job I had many years ago. It wasn't my fault per se, as it was a mistake made by the coworker. But I was the one operating the machinery and we were working a double shift--I was drowsy and didn't notice the potentially deadly thing that was about to happen. It came about a half inch from costing someone's life. That visual in my head still haunts me at times. No way would I ever brag about it. It was horrifying. It's one of those things where you say to yourself, "How could I have let that happen? Even if it was just a close call." Little Miss She/Her seems to revel in causing harm to others. Especially if they don't agree with her politics. Not someone who should be in the medical field.
Her activism was more important than caring for a patient.

There was a discussion about activists in another thread. They make terrible employees.

Do you think there's a hospital who would hire her NOW? She's a liability, poor judgement with a patient, inability to control her emotions, poor judgement with her social media post, allegiance to her activism versus her job ... red flags EVERYWHERE.

They need to dump her. I'll be shocked if they don't.

Old 03-30-2022, 12:23 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
She should never get a license
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 03-30-2022, 12:25 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,227,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
bio gender
No such thing as a bio gender.

Sex is a bio thing.

Gender is non-bio.

Old 03-30-2022, 12:33 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Ah, the Freudian slip there!
No worries, and quite common.
My daughter the doctor...

Old 03-30-2022, 04:46 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm sure she'll get a stern talking-to.

https://thepostmillennial.com/pronou...r-pronoun-diss
Liberals are savages.

I am a physician and it is CHILLING to hear of such behavior. That is someone who should be dismissed from medical school, as they are sociopaths and have no respect for their fellow man. I don't care if they are a conservative or lib, there is no place for that behavior in medicine.

I am a conservative, yet treat EVERYONE the same. I would never dream of inflicting pain on a patient because of their beliefs. I have some democrat patients who give me a hard time about being a conservative (some of my gay patients think I am a liberal) for fun. They are very good natured about it and usually ask when they get the "smart doctor" instead of me (one of my partners is a democrat, but a very nice one)!

I don't care what religion, race, ethnicity, income class, intellect, or political leaning any patient has. EVERY PATIENT DESERVES TO BE TREATED WELL AND LIKE A HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have practiced for over 30 years and am shocked by some of the things I hear among younger doctors/students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies