Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 12:50 PM

119 posts, read 124,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
MLK says the opposite. Blacks themselves are the racists when they put down their blackness if they believe that having white skin gives a person privilege. This progressive movement is all wrong. Oprah should know that white women made her super rich when they tuned in by the millions to watch a black woman daily. Where all of them racists?
Excellent point......I have never thought of myself as racist, but with it constantly thrown into every conversation well let me just say, I have changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2022, 01:22 PM

63 posts, read 24,205 times
So the "healing and unity" lip service doesn't apply to those below an arbitrary melanin level. Wow. Which phase of "Build Back Better" is this?

Old 04-03-2022, 03:00 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,593,153 times
racial tolerance has come a long way in my life time, i am 66 and white and never felt guilt for things that happened years before i was alive...i live a spiritual life which requires i do a close inspection of myself frequently..i am sure a bit of racism

resides within me, but i don't act on it...doing a personal inventory is required to identify thing such as this so i am not surprised the average Joe thinks its hogwash...PS and yes i have known blacks who were so racists i could envision the in an SS uniform lol...this is a human observation not limited to whitey

Old 04-03-2022, 03:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
The majority of US population identifies as white and a growing percent of them seem to identify as victims.

65% of the population identifies as Christian and a growing percent of them seem to identify as victims.

Makes no sense, does it?

Old 04-03-2022, 03:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
As previously posted on this forum, my father was KKK.

The proudest moment of his life was his engagement in the first televised race riots in the US- 1951 ( before my time) in Cicero, Illinois. About 3000 white males gathered with the intent of forcing a black family, headed by a black man, veteran, college education, professional, out of their apartment and burning it down. The multi- day violence spilled over to the white- owned business district. Store windows were smashed and looted. He and buddies snagged a new wringer washer for one of the Mrs at home.

Growing up, we had an official list of commercial food products we could not buy or consume because N’s produced the food. If I had $1 for every time he said “ the only good N was a dead N, I would have had more $ than he ever accumulated. .

I make zero excuses for my father or “ the times”. Those were his choices. Not mine.

Old 04-03-2022, 04:00 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,750,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
UGH.

I remember when this guy used to be somewhat reasonable.

Well now he's on the train to clown town.

Look at this filth.

"White people are all racist"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VvjK3zPU_E

I haven't seen anything this bad since that Showtime trailer that hated on whitey.

I suspect Stewart's ratings will go the same way.

Into the abyss.

And deservedly so.

This is what Jon Stewart said on Twitter about being woke:

Hey all!! Just found out I’m woke… all this time
I just thought I was good at history.

Old 04-03-2022, 04:01 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,750,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The majority of US population identifies as white and a growing percent of them seem to identify as victims.

65% of the population identifies as Christian and a growing percent of them seem to identify as victims.

Makes no sense, does it?
No, it doesn't. But there it is.

Old 04-03-2022, 05:46 PM

21,429 posts, read 10,512,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post

And yet he cited 1619, which means he isn’t good at history.

Old 04-03-2022, 05:51 PM

3,343 posts, read 1,225,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
As previously posted on this forum, my father was KKK.

The proudest moment of his life was his engagement in the first televised race riots in the US- 1951 ( before my time) in Cicero, Illinois. About 3000 white males gathered with the intent of forcing a black family, headed by a black man, veteran, college education, professional, out of their apartment and burning it down. The multi- day violence spilled over to the white- owned business district. Store windows were smashed and looted. He and buddies snagged a new wringer washer for one of the Mrs at home.

Growing up, we had an official list of commercial food products we could not buy or consume because N’s produced the food. If I had $1 for every time he said “ the only good N was a dead N, I would have had more $ than he ever accumulated. .

I make zero excuses for my father or “ the times”. Those were his choices. Not mine.
I don't blame you for anything you father said or did.

I'm genuinely curious- how did you manage to not believe the same garbage that he did? Was there a time you did (or believed some of it even) and then realized it was wrong?

Old 04-03-2022, 06:31 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,883,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post

Woke requires absolute ignorance of history.

Ever heard of the 1619 Project?

It's like the National Enquirer of history.

I'm sorry.....I spoke out of turn....I meant the New York Times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies