Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 09:27 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times

Advertisements

Biden said the unvaccinated would be facing a winter of severe illness or death, https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/16/polit...ter/index.html -- but I personally do not know anyone, vaccinated or not, who was even mildly sick at all this winter, except for one 80-year-old neighbor who died of cancer.

So what has your experience been regarding COVID for the past four months?

As neither I nor my husband have never received even one COVID "vaccine", I think that Biden was either mistaken (again) or flat-out lying or -- my personal opinion -- simply fear-mongering in an attempt to get more people vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 09:32 AM

17,415 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Biden said the unvaccinated would be facing a winter of severe illness or death, https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/16/polit...ter/index.html -- but I personally do not know anyone, vaccinated or not, who was even mildly sick at all this winter, except for one 80-year-old neighbor who died of cancer.

In my opinion, Biden was either mistaken (again) or flat-out lying or -- my personal opinion -- simply fear-mongering in an attempt to get more people vaccinated.
Let's be honest ... Potato has no clue what he's saying 99.9% of the time. He's either simply reading a speech created by 20'something year old WH staffers or repeating talking points from private discussions like my grandma would when her dementia ramped up.

Me: "Grandma, don't tell my mom that I got her a blender for Christmas."

Grandma: "That's wonderful - of course I won't tell her!"

10 minutes later ...

Grandma: "Chuckity got you a blender for Christmas! Isn't that nice?"

Also, I had covid at the end of September. And it wasn't quite the Winter of Death ... more like a week of Netflix and Nyquil.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:34 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
I know a bunch of people who got COVID strangely all at the same time - the first week of January. Including my partner, who started coming down with symptoms a few days after we returned from Tulum. She tested + twice, for 1 week before testing negative.

She was vaccinated, as were the other people I know who got it. I would not describe it as 'severe' in any stretch of the imagination, though for 1-2 days she was bedridden and I had to fuss over her.

Meanwhile, my unvaccinated self was completely fine :-/

Old 03-31-2022, 09:35 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times
I am in NYC and i knew a ton of people got covid around the holidays. Majority of them vaccinated, and a few really sick but recovered.

I myself did not get sick during the winter of death (thank God and knock wood), am not vaccinated, and hopeful my luck stays the same.

Biden is a moron. that was simply a fear tactic to try to push these vaccines more.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:37 AM

4,548 posts, read 2,271,025 times
My husband and I were both sick with Covid at Christmas time. We are both unvaxxed. Neither of us required hospitalization. We recovered at home with zpacs and steroids. It was not pleasant because it lasted so long. My son, who was home from the Navy and fully vaxxed also contracted Covid and was sick right along with us.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:41 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

As neither I nor my husband have never received even one COVID "vaccine", I think that Biden was either mistaken (again) or flat-out lying or -- my personal opinion -- simply fear-mongering in an attempt to get more people vaccinated.
If what they were telling us was true, anyone who was unvaccinated would be dead and buried. There would be no unvaccinated persons alive today.

And there would be no COVID cases, since the vaccinated were protected from it.

COVID would be gone from the planet.

How'd that work out for them?

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION: Nope. Didn't get sick at all.

Last edited by newtovenice; 03-31-2022 at 09:52 AM..

Old 03-31-2022, 09:45 AM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
I got Covid on a ski trip in January, and we were all stuck together. Out of the group of 8, 6 came down with covid (a doctor on trip unknowingly had it and spread it) and we all had variations from not being vaccinated to full vaccination plus boosters. All of us came down equally with the illness, the 2 who did not get sick already had covid.

The symptoms everyone had was a fever for 48 hours, some developed a cough, some developed muscle pains in their legs. I had brain fog for the week and just had rest for the week. Of all the times I was sick, it wasnt bad, and was probably the bottom 10% of anytime ive been sick.

The only people dieing from covid are people who are in poor health who would likely die from any other flu going around. If you get it you just need to take vitamins and if youre really sick a doctor will prescribe you a steroid and ivermectin. The problem we had was there was an ivermectin shortage at all the pharmacies.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 03-31-2022 at 10:08 AM..

Old 03-31-2022, 09:49 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Unvaxxed wife got it pretty bad early Jan. Wouldnt/couldnt eat for a couple days. Lasted about 10 days moderate to bad. Another 10 days of "meh" Still has a bit less walking endurance.

Son unvaxxed was sick for a literal day. His second go. Still cant taste anything.
Daughter never tested positive but has not sense of smell for near a year.

Im vaxxed and never tested positive tho maybe asymptomatic.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:52 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Unvaxxed wife got it pretty bad early Jan. Wouldnt/couldnt eat for a couple days. Lasted about 10 days moderate to bad. Another 10 days of "meh" Still has a bit less walking endurance.

Son unvaxxed was sick for a literal day. His second go. Still cant taste anything.
Daughter never tested positive but has not sense of smell for near a year.

Im vaxxed and never tested positive tho maybe asymptomatic.
None of the people I know who got COVID this winter lost smell/taste. I know a few such people but they all got COVID well earlier. What the people got this winter would have gone unnoticed as a common variety cold/flu only 2 years ago.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:53 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Me and my loved ones and most of my friends and coworkers did not wear masks and did not get any of the jabs and we all had a very healthy winter. Cannot say the same for those we know who did wear masks and got the jabs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies