Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 05:35 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
This is a question for those on the left. Who do you think has the best chance of beating Trump in 2024? I think we all know it isn't going to be Biden. lol
Haven't a clue. I don't know that he can be beat at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 05:37 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
I'm sorry but this is delusional. The only reason Biden even got in is because of the media falsely promoting him as a unifying moderate in a time of unrest and COVID outbreaks.

Now, that we see how trash and ineffecient Biden is, he's actually hurting a lot of chances of other Democrats(particularly career politicians like him) securing the next nomination.

I'm not saying Trump will win in a landslide but Biden is no doubt disappointing a lot of Democrats as of now.
And the trash, or his replacement, will be (re)elected. Or do you think all the Beta testing of different election modalities was a one off?

Unverifiable mail in ballots? Check.
Drive by ballot boxes? Check.
Same day registration? Check.
Automatic registration while receiving a government service? Check.
The first locales now allow undocumented resident voting? Check.
Allowing Sophomores in high school to vote in some areas? Check.

Old 03-31-2022, 05:41 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
How about Manchin? He seems to be about one of the only ones that's got any sense and he would put AOC in her place. Trump will be a sure thing in 2024 especially if Desantis is his VP. I was just curious who on the left would stand the best chance against Trump.

He won't win the Democrat primary.

Old 03-31-2022, 05:45 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Pretty much any Democrat will beat any Republican candidate. It's just a question of will the Democrat win only 45 states or all 50 plus DC.
The last time a Democrat Presidential candidate won 45 to 50 states (44 to be exact) was in 1964 and the nation had the JFK sentimental guilt. Biden with a gift of the pandemic only won 25 states in 2020. You democrats must get off the clouds. Today you wouldn't win 21 states.

Old 03-31-2022, 06:21 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,580,593 times
Tulsi Gabbard. That is all.

Old 03-31-2022, 06:22 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times
a large stick?

Old 03-31-2022, 07:55 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I really would love to see a Gabbard presidency. It's too bad the corporate elitist clowns in the DNC can't get their heads out of their you know what and actually give that women a fair chance instead of trying to force feed the Democrats and the American people another serving of Hill Dog or other career politician.

Old 03-31-2022, 07:57 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I think that she's burned too many bridges in the Democrat Party to get even close to the nomination. It wouldn't surprise me if she quit that party and became an Independent. I've listened to her on Tucker and Hannity's show where she's made frequent appearances. She sounds pretty disgusted not only with politics but what has become of the Democrat Party in general.

If the Republicans put up another Romney. I believe that Tulsi Gabbard would gain enough Republican votes and win the presidency. She's honest, attractive, articulate and doesn't come across as some lunatic Left wing ideologue. Whether she could beat Trump or not is an open question? I think that she would certainly give him a run for his money though.

If Trump runs again I will vote for him for the third time no matter who the Democrats nominate. I doubt that it will be Brandon or Cackles? Hopefully Brandon will be in prison before his first term ends and Cackles is both unlikeable and incapable of running the country. She's a first class phony of the worst order. That's quite obvious to anyone with half a brain.

But I'm hoping that someone like Ron DeSantis gets the nomination instead. If only because of Trump's age. I believe that he'll be 78 the same age as when Brandon became president? We really need someone younger at the top of the ticket. If not DeSantis maybe DJT Jr., Eric or Lara Trump? My ideal candidate would be Ted Cruz but I just can't see him winning the nomination unfortunately. However I'd really like to see him as an associate justice on the Supreme Court. As a strict Constitutionalist he was meant for that job.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:02 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,300,748 times
Quote:
People are sick and tired of wokeness, cancel culture and the destruction of America. Believe me there will be a huge red wave. I don't even think any amount of cheating that the left could do again, could put a dem in office after Biden.
^^^ this. As an Independent, I will not vote for the Democrat candidate, regardless of who it is. I don’t like Trump, but will have to vote for him if he is the Republican nominee.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:05 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Almost anyone. Trump is in freefall.
This.

Not that Trump is going to run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies