Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 12:01 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
NIH/NCBI will nearly always delete submissions at the submitter's request. so it's hard to tell if this was something nefarious, or if there were valid reasons behind withdrawing it.
what could be a possible "valid"reason for deleting covid sequences of all things ?

At China's request no less. The country that first hid it and then said it didn't pass from human to human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2022, 12:04 PM

But it did get recovered because the internet is "forever".

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34398234/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...a7a_story.html

Old 04-06-2022, 12:08 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
what could be a possible "valid"reason for deleting covid sequences of all things ?
Sequencing errors, recognition that contamination has occurred, misinterpreted translation regions/open reading frames, dozens of other possibilities.

Not saying that's what happened, but it's absolutely possible. I see similar instances all the time.

Old 04-06-2022, 12:13 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You make yourself look foolish by repeating this same mantra when you don't want to deal with stuff. Especially while at the same time accepting mainstream reporting which has been wrong more than we can count]
Yes he does

Old 04-06-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Sequencing errors, recognition that contamination has occurred, misinterpreted translation regions/open reading frames, dozens of other possibilities.

Not saying that's what happened, but it's absolutely possible. I see similar instances all the time.
NIH said it was because the researcher wanted to put the data into another database.
(Although he never did).

The NIH released a statement Wednesday saying that a researcher who originally published the genetic sequences asked for them to be removed from the NIH database so that they could be included in a different database.

Old 04-06-2022, 12:19 PM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Quote:

At China's request no less. The country that first hid it and then said it didn't pass from human to human.
It looks like the Epoch times or whoever EO stands for, is saying it was the researcher himself, the one that submitted it requested it. Initially, it was declined as asked the researcher to edit instead but the researcher asked again and stated he could not edit the information to correct it:

Quote:
“On June 5, 2020, a Wuhan University researcher requested that NIH retract the researcher’s submission of BioProject ID PRJNA637497 because of error. The Wuhan researcher explained ‘I’m sorry for my wrong submitting,'†EO said in a statement✎ EditSign on March 29.

“BioProject ID PRJNA637497 is also referred to as Submission ID SUB7554642. Three days later, on June 8th, the NIH declined the researcher’s request, advising that it prefers to edit or replace, as opposed to delete, sequences submitted to the SRA,†EO reported.

But then, on June 16, 2020, NIH officials reversed themselves and deleted the genetic sequencing data, as requested by the Wuhan researcher.

That researcher was quoted by EO as explaining to NIH: “Recently, I found that it’s hard to visit my submitted SRA data, and it would also be very difficult for me to update the data. I have submitted an updated version of this SRA data to another website, so I want to withdraw the old one at NCBI in order to avoid the data version issue.â€

After some discussion about what would be deleted, the NIH concluded the discussion by reassuring the Wuhan researcher that it “had withdrawn everything.â€
That is the only portion that directly speaks to why it was deleted. The rest of the article states EO claims or EO states, but the portion above looks to be a direct quotes.

Old 04-06-2022, 12:20 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
NIH said it was because the researcher wanted to put the data into another database.
(Although he never did).

The NIH released a statement Wednesday saying that a researcher who originally published the genetic sequences asked for them to be removed from the NIH database so that they could be included in a different database.
if you already knew the putative reason for the request, why did you ask for additional ones?

Old 04-06-2022, 01:03 PM

2,284 posts, read 636,891 times
I remember seeing this somewhere Jan or Feb 2020 but not CNN, MSNBC.

These same networks blow up everything (pee pee gate), if it bleeds it leads. But on one of the biggest scandals they were strangely disinterested. This is how you know there was a conspiracy to cover this up - when the media is less interested in scandal but instead tries to tell you nothing is going on.

Old 04-06-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
if you already knew the putative reason for the request, why did you ask for additional ones?
I looked for it after your comments and found it so I posted it.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:24 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Speaking of foolish...

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-017-08837-7

We never hear right wingers mention this particular move in this whole mess.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/fe...h-controversy/

Point being is that if this were a lab induced incident like righties like to claim...

It was this policy move that increased it's likelihood. Furthermore, it was this policy that allowed GOF researchers to work with much less oversight.

Perhaps with a better oversight policy this mysterious COVID genetic sequencing would have been reported earlier.
Just throwing this into the mix... since you brought it up about it being a lab induced incident. Remember post #9 - the Obama Admin ended the Gain of Function moratorium in Jan 2017 before exiting the White House.

The leader of the government agency supplying the funding for Gain of Function research said this in the very same month.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies