Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2022, 02:00 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,380 times

Advertisements

I've run out of adjectives to describe the current occupant of the White House and this administration.
They won't be happy until they've run this country into the ground and established their "new world order".
This is the cost of complacency. It's allowed what is occurring to happen. Here is the result after years of being asleep at the switch, people.
We need to wake the hell up while there's still a USA to save.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 02:04 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Look don't worry about it. I justify my food stamps the same way. It's all give and take brother.
Nope! Food stamps are essentially a cash hand out to the poor. I was on food stamps one summer, and it is only take. Of course the poor pay little or no federal income tax to claim anything like the solar federal tax credit. So with solar one has to be a giver too.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:07 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
I saw this thread on GLP also... so let's do some math here... car that gets 25 mpg over the course of 100,000 miles uses $16,000 in gas at an average price of $4/gallon.

The average electric vehicle gets .36kwh per mile electricity usage. Let's simply this and say you can go 3 miles on a kilowatt hour of electricity. The average electricity price in the US is 13.75 cents per kwh... so an electric vehicle can go 25 miles on around 8.5 kwh, or around $1.16 per gallon equivalent. Over the course of 100,000 miles the electric vehicle uses $4600 in electricity.

This is a savings of $10,400 over an internal combustion vehicle. Throw in oil changes and other maintenance and maybe it makes sense? It depends on how much more expensive the electric vehicle costs, and whether you want to deal with the lower range, sub-par cold weather performance (living in eastern south dakota it gets COLD) or the possbility of spending thousands of dollars to replace failing battery packs.

The battery pack issue is the main thing that keeps me from being an adopter... that and the overall vehicle shortage right now. I'm not paying these prices and will wait several years with my V6 Camry for the technology to mature and the supply chain issues to resolve. Hopefully down the road capacities go up and costs come down with battery technology. I expect there to be a shortage of all vehicles for at least another 12-18 months unless the Fed does the right thing and raises rates, ends QE, and allows a recession.

Eventually, electric will be the main vehicle on the roads. It's going to take 10-15 years though. We have a rough couple of years ahead of us dealing with post covid, post Russia aftermath, assuming the karens that run the planet allow us to get "past" covid... China isn't.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:51 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
So here we go.
WA state just passed a bill, claiming no new ICE cars sales or registrations by 2030.
As usual, no one really asked for your opinion.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:53 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,790,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
So here we go.
WA state just passed a bill, claiming no new ICE cars sales or registrations by 2030.
As usual, no one really asked for your opinion.
I guess you'll see a lot of Idaho places in WA now....

Old 04-01-2022, 03:02 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
You have to admit once the infrastructure is in place it's much more efficient to plug a vehicle into a wall in your garage versus having to transport fuel to the thousands of gas stations spread throughout the united states. Those gas stations can become charging stations in time.

Yes we need more electrical wiring and more electrical generation but at the rate they are installing wind power out here in the great plains where I live I really don't see that being a huge issue.. maybe it will be for the huge coastal cities that need to import power.. but power-lines are kind of like pipelines... they are damn efficient and can carry a large amount of energy with little decay over large distances without the need for semis to deliver the end product to gas stations.

To me it just makes sense. If anything the improvements made to the electrical grid as a result of increased demand will be a good thing. I mean I'm not anti oil or gas or anything... it's just progress. It would be even better if we took another look at nuclear for electricity generation. I can see a future where you no longer need gas stations... you can just charge your car wherever for a small fee at any business. No more being tied down to where the next gas station is located.

Old 04-01-2022, 03:25 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I have never seen such a poor idiotic duo as Biden/Harris.
What amazes me is the fact that so many supposedly educated Americans buy their shtick.

Old 04-01-2022, 03:43 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Meanwhile Biden’s 2023 budget allots $7.5 billion to land the first woman of color on the moon.
“Let them eat moon rocks!” he exclaimed
The FIRST woman on color to land on the moon, will be a Chinese National thanks to Biden.

The lack of understanding basic economics in this administration and the Democrats is beyond belief.

DID ANY DEMOCRATS take basic economics and science classes??

Old 04-01-2022, 03:52 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Most people aren't going to be able to afford an EV. I know I won't. Especially with inflation raising the price of everything. If someone of modest means has a car that is paid for, runs well and is dependable, why replace it?

I think the Biden administration forgets that the average household income in the US as of 2020 was $67,521, with 37% of households below that number.

Old 04-01-2022, 03:52 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,790,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
The FIRST woman on color to land on the moon, will be a Chinese National thanks to Biden.

The lack of understanding basic economics in this administration and the Democrats is beyond belief.

DID ANY DEMOCRATS take basic economics and science classes??
Does them no good when they're taught by woke democrat profs with equally poor understandings of economics and science....

AOC was an econ major. Clearly didn't help her with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies