Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 04:17 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile Biden’s 2023 budget allots $7.5 billion to land the first woman of color on the moon.
“Let them eat moon rocks!” he exclaimed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 04:22 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-80-month-gas/

Wow! Buy a $50,000 - $60,000 EV and save $80 a month!!!

From the article: "The president blamed Russian President Vladimir Putin for the spike in gas prices as well as the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

He spoke at length about his green energy subsidy plans currently awaiting support from Congress.

“Under my plan, which is before the Congress now, we can take advantage of the next generation of electric vehicles, that a typical driver will save about $80 a month from not having to pay gas at the pump,” Biden boasted.
"

First of all, how do you "pay gas at the pump"?

Second of all, how does paying $50,000 - $60,000 to save $80 a month make ANY financial sense? I guess it's this kind of thinking that has us $30,000,000,000,000 in debt.
A special kind of stupid.
Nicely done, Trump haters.

Old 04-01-2022, 04:23 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You can't blame him, the Left has always been financially illiterate.

Their entire platform depends on it.
Can't argue with that. Well stated.

Old 04-01-2022, 04:40 AM

311 posts, read 478,067 times
I would love it if someone could explain to me how transitioning to EVs, which are charged by a grid that derives 60% of its energy from fossil fuels, will do anything to reduce carbon emissions. 40% of the grid comes from burning coal, which emits far more carbon / J of energy than gasoline.

Oh wait, I forgot, this has nothing to do with reducing carbon emissions, or gaining energy independence. Its just a distraction from another glaring failure. Its pushing the problem of carbon emissions from an engine under your hood, to a coal-burning powerplant hundreds of miles away. Its a very expensive way to hide the issue, in effect.

I am guessing that once we are forced to all transition to EVs, 2 things will happen: There will be NO reduction (and possibly an increase) in carbon emissions (see logic above), and we will have an electric grid constantly on the verge of collapse.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:11 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
To a politician, this makes sense since they get plenty of free government perks, corporate freebies, foreign government gifts, hidden money donations, selling of influence, kick-backs, insider trading and often, simply straight-up theft. So!! $50Ks - $60Ks is chump change to them.

They are so out of touch with the Working-Class it’s no longer even funny. Sadly, the American people we be blamed for the situation Biden’s policies has you us in. This is nothing more that a “Let them eat cake” moment. AND!!! Many will defend these failed ideals, as they’re suffering through hyper inflation.

It’s going to be a long and hard Summer and sadly, their is nothing we can do but take it. Obama was 100% right… “Voting has its consequences.”

Honestly, the last thing I want to hear is some slimy politician or multi-millionaire/billionaire telling me what “l” should do while they do the complete opposite.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:15 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Hey naysayers those 52 years just to break even are gonna fly by in no time. Just you wait and see.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:16 AM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:

From the article: "The president blamed Russian President Vladimir Putin for the spike in gas prices as well as the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

He spoke at length about his green energy subsidy plans currently awaiting support from Congress.

“Under my plan, which is before the Congress now, we can take advantage of the next generation of electric vehicles, that a typical driver will save about $80 a month from not having to pay gas at the pump,” Biden boasted.
"

Second of all, how does paying $50,000 - $60,000 to save $80 a month make ANY financial sense? I guess it's this kind of thinking that has us $30,000,000,000,000 in debt.
I am saving more than that to drive 50 miles a week. My 2021 Camaro got 8mpg using prem and would cost around $120 a month for gas. My EV cost me $6 a month to charge.

Now if gas goes back to sub 2.80 a gal for prem i would go back to a fast gas car.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:23 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:

"

How much do you think cars are? the $80 a month is just for the delta between EV and a conventional gasoline car.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:33 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post

Save 80 a month but pay extra 1000 a month in car payments and insurance. Along with the contractor payment plan to install a charger.
Does he have an electric limo?

NO. I didn't think so.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:34 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo_Urns View Post
I would love it if someone could explain to me how transitioning to EVs, which are charged by a grid that derives 60% of its energy from fossil fuels, will do anything to reduce carbon emissions. 40% of the grid comes from burning coal, which emits far more carbon / J of energy than gasoline.

Oh wait, I forgot, this has nothing to do with reducing carbon emissions, or gaining energy independence. Its just a distraction from another glaring failure. Its pushing the problem of carbon emissions from an engine under your hood, to a coal-burning powerplant hundreds of miles away. Its a very expensive way to hide the issue, in effect.

I am guessing that once we are forced to all transition to EVs, 2 things will happen: There will be NO reduction (and possibly an increase) in carbon emissions (see logic above), and we will have an electric grid constantly on the verge of collapse.
The increase in emissions would only be temporary as you transition you grid sources to things that don't produce emissions this is something we should do independent of "cars", now electricity is in this sense just a form of transferring energy, in any scenario where you seek to reduce emissions your goal is reduce the amount of things that burn energy, electric motors dont do that so you would in all scenarios need to adress that as well. Otherwise I dont understand the plan, we just keep doing the same until the wheels fall off and hope we come up with something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies