Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2022, 09:29 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I doubt the senate will pass it. Republicans have always been against this. Those against this are narrow minded thinking that it's all about getting high. It has been used as medicine since ancient times. It helps with pain, anxiety, nausea, insomnia and many other ailments. But of course we are against a plant grown on our own soil and refuse to acknowledge the benefits of it. We would rather take man made pills with many becoming addicted to them.
actually its the democrats that made it illegal, going back to 1937
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 09:35 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually its the democrats that made it illegal, going back to 1937
And Nixon declared the war on drugs. Do you think republicans in the senate will vote to make it legal. Doubtful.

Old 04-01-2022, 09:40 PM

1,345 posts, read 473,845 times
In theory marijuana can be a gateway drug. Studies have been conducted indicating that early exposure to THC dulls the neurocognitive reactions from the dopamine in the brain in the midst of the 'high'. Harder drugs being pursued to achieve the same result is possible. Although it's also possible for this to occur with nicotine and alcohol.

One of the major detriments to look out for along with a number of speculated ones is the potential for secondhand psychoactive reactions in people around the user. When it's used through a bong the particulates released are several times more toxic than nicotine smoke.

Old 04-01-2022, 09:45 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And Nixon declared the war on drugs. Do you think republicans in the senate will vote to make it legal. Doubtful.
you are slightly behind the times

the democrats of the 30's declared the war on drugs.

Old 04-01-2022, 10:05 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
biden's open border policy has lowered wages. 2 million illegal immigrants in 2021. I was in walmart a few weeks ago. i asked a question of 2 workers in the aisle of the store and neither spoke any english.

i had two bathrooms remodeled and all, ALL, the skilled workers including plumbers, tile setters, and electricians did not speak english. If i had know the general contractor only employed illegal worker subs, i would have chosen a different contractor! i told him of my concern and he said he couldn't "afford" american tradesman. I paid $20, 000 each for 2 small bathroom remodels and i supplied all materials. the GC lied.
And like I said, I have witnessed Republican supporters who own businesses will hire immigrants over American citizens because they are cheaper and tend to be ignorant of the laws. Funny thing, one business I reported to the authorities because I know they are cheating these workers out of overtime, but nothing is being done about it. And this is in democrat run Palm Beach County. I sent letter to both the county officials and the state officials which are mostly Republican. Seems neither side care about immigrants being cheated out of money and their rights.

Old 04-01-2022, 10:08 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Republicans fear losing votes for reelection if they vote to legalize marijuana. They will continue to do that until people start voting them out of office over it. But since either medical or rec marijuana or both are legalized in most states, marijuana doesn't rise as a very important issue in deciding who to vote for Congress. A few other Republicans want the Republican Party to be credited with legalizing marijuana at the Federal level, not the Democrats. So, it might be that Republicans will legalize marijuana after taking both houses in Congress in 2023. But I wouldn't bet on it.
The only reason I've been voting for Republicans is because they "seem" to be for protecting the second amendment, but then it's usually a Republican that starts to ban certain firearms.

Just saying, but both parties are corrupt with absolute power.

Old 04-01-2022, 10:16 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you are slightly behind the times

the democrats of the 30's declared the war on drugs.
Is that when they stopped putting cocaine in coca cola.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:31 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I doubt it will go anywhere in the Senate, but it depends on which committee it goes to and who is on it. Even if it passes the Government will probably mess it up. NJ legalized pot over 2 years ago but they can’t get their act together. So, pot is legal to have but still illegal to sell in a store. It’s a bonanza for the illegal drug dealers. I don’t think it should be legal but the majority favors legalization.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 04-02-2022, 03:04 AM

1,747 posts, read 879,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
This dopey admin has no doubt never watched the documentary “Reefer Madness”. A clear example of what can happen when you consume marijuana.

So you bought into the government hype??

"Reefer Madness" was a propaganda film made by the US Government to convince people of the "dangers" of marijuana so that the people would turn against the group using it. That groups was the black population.

It was completely made up and complete garbage meant to turn people against blacks.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:08 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
So you bought into the government hype??

"Reefer Madness" was a propaganda film made by the US Government to convince people of the "dangers" of marijuana so that the people would turn against the group using it. That groups was the black population.

It was completely made up and complete garbage meant to turn people against blacks.
Reefer Madness was a comedy. I can't believe anyone would use that as a credible source. The characters sounded like Beavis and Butt-Head when they smoked a joint.

I should rewatch that again someday to get a good laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies