Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 01:30 PM

1,517 posts, read 540,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Governor DeSantis's resume is as good as it gets. Of course the lefties won't even review it. I encourage all others to see what an accomplished good person he is.

https://dos.myflorida.com/florida-fa...dion-desantis/

Besides the resume the other thing that DeSantis has going for himself is his age (43) and his family. Obama had young children at but otherwise it's been awhile since we've had a family with young children in the white house - I think that plays out well with the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2022, 03:25 PM

4,830 posts, read 3,259,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So the Repubs need an AOC? No freaking way. It really doesn't matter who the Repubs nominate, the Media will turn him into Dr. Evil, they even did that with Romney as well as Bush (RINO's).
I must take great offense that you somehow managed to work AOC into that. She is a pox on the entire system of government. Sadly, she'll almost certainly be POTUS herself one day. With any kind of luck, I'll be dead by then.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:44 PM

14,956 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
DeSantis will never be POTUS.

First off, he barely became governor, just squeaking by a black challenger with less than 50% of the vote. So there are plenty of Floridians already who don’t like him. And Floridians twice backed Obama. So even in his home state DeSantis is far from beloved, and he could easily lose the state in a presidential election. Florida is still a swing state.

His politics likely wouldn’t fly in other swing states either. He’s definitely too right wing for most voters in Arizona, Nevada, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, and could possibly even lose Georgia, Virginia, and North Carolina. Most right wingers don’t get that most Americans are not social conservatives obsessed with abortion, critical race theory, gay rights, and gun control—the things DeSantis hammers home. The right makes a lot of noise about that stuff, but it barely wins elections in most places, where voters are more concerned about the high cost housing, health care, college, the negative effects of climate change (hello Florida!), equitable AND effective policing, and rational (rather than emotional) proposals for immigration reform. DeSanris comes up short on all of that.

Maybe he gets re-elected governor anyway. But at least right now he’s way too far out the mainstream to be elected president.
You need to get out from under that rock you're living under. You have no idea how 'out-of-touch' you are.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the same people who said Biden was too old to run in 2020 should sing the same tune about Trump in 2024.
Age is a non issue if you still have your mental faculties... Biden doesn't.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:47 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I had said I wouldn't vote again unless Trump was the nominee but I've changed my mind. Give me Trump or Desantis, or better yet, give me a ticket of both guys....and I'll drag myself to the polls and vote.

Give me any RINO, any career politician, Romney, Liz Cheney, Pence, and so forth... and I'm not going to bother.
What so ironic is the ‘real’ Republicans are the ones you say you wouldn’t vote for.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:48 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
A Desantis/Trump ticket might be awesome. But Trump would never agree to that unless the ticket read Trump/Desantis. Trump's ego would never allow him to play second fiddle to anybody.

I'm not interested in the old republican hacks either. I can't stand Romney.
I think Trump feels too threatened by DeSantis' popularity and would never allow him to run on the same ticket.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I think Trump feels too threatened by DeSantis' popularity and would never allow him to run on the same ticket.
Wow... we agree on something, imagine that.

Old 04-02-2022, 04:12 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
DeSantis being President will be useless if we don't get rid of some of these stubborn, long time established congress people out of DC. Trump faced block after block because of these fools, and DeSantis will to. These congress people were mostly put in place by the rich to keep the system set up in their favor.
Most all in Congress have been there too long and need to go.
Should never be a career or even long term position.

Old 04-02-2022, 04:24 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
DeSantis being President will be useless if we don't get rid of some of these stubborn, long time established congress people out of DC. Trump faced block after block because of these fools, and DeSantis will to. These congress people were mostly put in place by the rich to keep the system set up in their favor.
I disagree. Politicians should have a life-long job like Federal judges. This way they are less likely to be bought off by special interests and can focus on serving.

Old 04-02-2022, 04:27 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I disagree. Politicians should have a life-long job like Federal judges. This way they are less likely to be bought off by special interests and can focus on serving.
Nah, they don’t have to live under the consequences of their decisions by staying in power. They’d make better decisions if they had to live like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies