Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 12:15 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I think there are many white guys that would up for dating/marrying black ladies!!!!! I say let the "swirling" begin
I went out to the UK for a few months. Over there, I saw more Black women with White men over there than I did in the USA. And I'm seeing more of it stateside these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 01:19 PM

1,719 posts, read 731,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And I will come out with it. I grew up having crushes on White females. However, I understand this. Dating outside of your race should be viewed as "it is what it is", not some big accomplishment, not "we've arrived". It should be treated like same-race relationships.
I grew up having crushes on many different boy/men. Tonto (a very handsome Native American man), Jimi (Hendrix, of course; who else?!!), Omar Sharif, Peter O'Toole, and the ultimate perfect man: Sidney Poitier.

I agree with your "big accomplishment" statement. Meghan Markle (who, curiously, claims to be black, even though her father is white and her mother is partially white) married into the whitest establishment family that exists -- even though her husband, to put it kindly, is not very bright, capable, or attractive. I guess she thinks she's "arrived," and I don't just mean the Windsor money.

Old 04-07-2022, 01:23 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Dating and marrying highly desirable white men can be extremely difficult because the competition is fierce.

When it comes to selecting a dating partner, nearly all women of all racial backgrounds favor white men (generally), often more so than men from their own race:

SOURCE:
Racial Preferences in Online Dating across European Countries
https://doc.rero.ch/record/303217/files/jcu093.pdf
These aren’t consistent. Data will skew because most of the people in this study grew up in 90%+ European countries. America looks pretty different for example, but I know in Europe by the 3rd generation most immigrant populations have mixed in with the dominant ethnicity of the country. Black women and men have a much higher interracial/inter ethnic marriage rate in Europe than in America.

Old 04-07-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I don't agree the long legs of my younger years has been replaced by the thick of my middle ages. Actress now getting lead and girlfriend roles have a different body type than those of 70s American TV. They now tend towards shorter legs and larger buttocks and thighs as long as the stomach doesn't protrude further than the breast.
Still, with few exceptions, men prefer a curvy but slender (not anorexic) figure more than a large (not fat), heavily muscled figure. And I doubt that most men set their preferences by whatever is deemed attractive by today's PC-obsessed media.

Old 04-07-2022, 01:48 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I went out to the UK for a few months. Over there, I saw more Black women with White men over there than I did in the USA. And I'm seeing more of it stateside these days.

I've been down to Rio three times. Great city and it's an underrated tourist destination! Saw a ton of down there as well. Seems to be more accepted than here in the States which is sad.

Old 04-07-2022, 02:06 PM

2,284 posts, read 636,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I've been down to Rio three times. Great city and it's an underrated tourist destination! Saw a ton of down there as well. Seems to be more accepted than here in the States which is sad.
In Rio? Not my experience and I have a place down there. FYI, Brazilians are generally mixed race. Especially north of São Paulo. So dividing them into Black and White is tricky to say the least.

Old 04-07-2022, 02:10 PM

2,284 posts, read 636,891 times
I want to say this about this topic.

I remember many friends who had a laundry list of what they wanted from their partner. Then I get invited to their wedding and their partner meets almost no criteria on their pretend lists!

Love is irrational, emotional. Love also conquers all barriers (I feel) including racial. So if Black women fall in love with a white man they will date him no matter what anyone says. That goes for any match you can imagine.

So no use writing about people should do when they will follow their heart no matter what

Old 04-07-2022, 02:21 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
its definitely a good way to move up in certain circles.

It calms some people’s concerns.

and by some people I do mean white people.

Also, there are a lot more white men at ivy league schools.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
its definitely a good way to move up in certain circles.

It calms some people’s concerns.

and by some people I do mean white people.

Also, there are a lot more white men at ivy league schools.
Too vague. Can you explain, please?

Old 04-07-2022, 03:36 PM

8,494 posts, read 4,738,627 times
Nobody has to suggest this. Interracial dating and marriage is already heavily on the rise. It’s happening...so...it’s not some stroke of genius to suggest something where the bandwagon is already rolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies