Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 05:05 PM

18,304 posts, read 8,106,674 times

Advertisements

you can always tell when it's a lying hit piece...

....count the times they use "many"....and never qualify it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 05:27 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,367,443 times
1) Black men being murdered more than anyone else.
2) Lower life expectancy among Black men for other reasons like accidents, suicide, drugs.
3) Prison.
4) There might be more gay men in the Black population than we know of. The "down low" phenomenon.
----
what is the down low phenomenon?
I dont ever recall any black man having problem dating black women?

Old 04-04-2022, 05:53 PM

72,846 posts, read 62,249,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
1) Black men being murdered more than anyone else.
2) Lower life expectancy among Black men for other reasons like accidents, suicide, drugs.
3) Prison.
4) There might be more gay men in the Black population than we know of. The "down low" phenomenon.
----
what is the down low phenomenon?
I dont ever recall any black man having problem dating black women?
This is about Black women having trouble finding Black men. However, I will talk about Black men trying to find Black women later.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:49 AM

37,939 posts, read 17,764,128 times
More so when the economy is bad. Marina Franklin told me that.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
While I hear what your saying. Murder rate sin the real term do not happen often enough to cause a gender skew.

Think about all the black men you know and think about how many have been murdered that you know. I know of somewhere around 100+ black men and as far as I know none of them have been murdered.
It's not the biggest factor over all. However, considering the age range where this happens, it's something I consider. Considering very few Black women get murdered, especially compared to Black men, particularly for the 18-30 age range, I do think about it.

I don't know any Black men who have committed murder. I don't know any Black men who have been murdered. I do know a White woman who was murdered (by her White ex-boyfriend). I know a White male who committed murder (again, the victim was a White female. The murderer was a drug addict who killed his landlady).

I'm considering so many factors. No just murder. There are more Black women than Black men in the first place. And then consider that Black males aren't always encouraged to go to college. In my high school graduation class of 2004, I was seeing more Black females going to college than Black males. We really need to push for more Black males to get their college degrees, and it needs to start when they're in middle school.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:13 AM

1,866 posts, read 926,145 times
Dating and marrying highly desirable white men can be extremely difficult because the competition is fierce.

When it comes to selecting a dating partner, nearly all women of all racial backgrounds favor white men (generally), often more so than men from their own race:

SOURCE:
Racial Preferences in Online Dating across European Countries
https://doc.rero.ch/record/303217/files/jcu093.pdf

Old 04-05-2022, 10:17 AM

1,952 posts, read 815,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Dating and marrying highly desirable white men can be extremely difficult because the competition is fierce.

When it comes to selecting a dating partner, nearly all women of all racial backgrounds favor white men (generally), often more so than men from their own race:

SOURCE:
Racial Preferences in Online Dating across European Countries
https://doc.rero.ch/record/303217/files/jcu093.pdf

Really? I thought we were everyone's as*holes now and nobody wanted us. You know...the oppressors and former slave owners, blah blah. LOL

Not so sure "everyone" wants us today.....

Old 04-05-2022, 10:22 AM

1,866 posts, read 926,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Really? I thought we were everyone's as*holes now and nobody wanted us. You know...the oppressors and former slave owners, blah blah. LOL
Women desire men who dominate. They love dating a**holes.

The media narrative of "white men dominating and oppressing" is only further making white men more attractive in the eyes of women.

Women want to date the victors and conquerors, not the losers.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post

Not so sure "everyone" wants us today.....
Plenty of Non-White women want White men. And it is not the jersey variety they are looking for. There are Black women who will gladly date and marry White men. I have a cousin who married a White man, had a kid with him. In fact, Non-white women are more likely to marry White men today than back in the 1950s and before.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Women desire men who dominate. They love dating a**holes.

The media narrative of "white men dominating and oppressing" is only further making white men more attractive in the eyes of women.

Women want to date the victors and conquerors, not the losers.
I disagree to a certain extent. Many women will date and marry men whom do not dominate, at least not outwardly.

Many women who date out of their race, they tend to ignore media narratives.

I also think about this. I have met some non-White women who married White men. They tended to date and marry men who were of the "pushover" type. One Hispanic female said that the Hispanic "machismo" was a turn off for her.

Something else. Black divorce is are the highest in America. Black female/White male divorce rates are lower than for Black female/Black male divorce rates. Somehow, I don't think being not being dominant enough is the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies