Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would the media and authorities handled the laptop story the same way had it been Trump Jr's?
No, they would have destroyed Trump's election chances with it 78 96.30%
Yes, the media is totally fair and never has an agenda 2 2.47%
Even more lenient, feeling regret for all of the Trump witch hunts 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 05:28 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think it’s weird that many people aren’t even remotely curious abut this. The business dealings with Ukraine and the current war, Hunter pictured nude with little girls.

The left has no interest in any of it.
"There is no truth but power."

If it doesn't gain them more power, it's not true. If it does gain them more power, it is true.

Truth isn't a left wing value. It's really not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 05:31 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
There is an option missing in this poll. The conservatives would not care and would say it wasn't Trump himself and act the exact same way as the dems do about this.
What do you think the differences between the Left and right consist of, exactly?

Sorry but this is just flat out wrong. I stated as much on the first page and received several reputation points for doing so.

We're never going to get along, not even well enough to find compromises, if you're not willing to understand where your opposition is coming from.

Again, I have to ask what you think the differences are between the Left and right.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:46 AM

18,457 posts, read 15,236,363 times
I think the big picture that the left is missing here, is that the (lack of) laptop coverage is direct, tangible proof, that the media cannot be trusted. You can’t claim conspiracy theory anymore. The right does not trust the main stream media, AND THEY ARE RIGHT! All one has to do is look at the suppression of the laptop story.

The mainstream media can’t fool anyone anymore. “The news” has changed forever.

You can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube.

The entire news media sold their soul over Trump. How sad.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:28 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
BS ... look at the obvious sins of the Trump family. Has one been arrested yet? If it was Trump Jr's laptop it would just be one more Trump crime that to date has gone unpunished.
This^^^^

Don Jr is a slimy greaseball, just as is Hunter. I don't like either of them, but neither of them are / were President of the United States, and thus far neither have been charged with a crime, so my wish for both would be that they would dry up and blow away so I don't have to hear about them anymore.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:43 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcr View Post
Did you read the Post story?

Also, I would add that if one objectively looks at the coverage, it's been against Biden.

They miss the drama queen. They sold their soul because they want Trump.
Because Trump was able to keep the peace and a 5 year goosechase proves him clean. A lot of folks miss him, along with a huge number of Ukrainians.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:46 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
What most people fail to understand is a large percentage of men would behave this way if they had unchecked power and wealth. There are things about our species people don't want to admit. That said, this poll is a joke. Everyone knows how the swamp would react....they'd destroy Trump Jr (rightfully so) and Trump just like they should be destroying Hunter Biden and his father.

We need people with integrity in office....we literally have nobody, especially on the left. For them the ends seem to justify the means.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:51 AM

6,356 posts, read 4,173,212 times
The media in this country is as dishonest and narrative driven as much as the disinformation and propaganda that’s produced in Russia.

Unfortunately, many people in this country just blindly believe what the media comes out with in this country and it’s extremely upsetting!

Old 04-04-2022, 06:52 AM

18,457 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcr View Post
Did you read the Post story?

Also, I would add that if one objectively looks at the coverage, it's been against Biden.

They miss the drama queen. They sold their soul because they want Trump.
I did read the story.

They want Trump NOW.

At the time, they most certainly did not. It was only after he was gone that they realized their disastrous error in judgment. But at the time of the election they did everything in their power to make him look bad and Biden look good, so please don’t try to rewrite history.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 04-04-2022 at 07:10 AM..

Old 04-04-2022, 06:54 AM

6,356 posts, read 4,173,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
This^^^^

Don Jr is a slimy greaseball, just as is Hunter. I don't like either of them, but neither of them are / were President of the United States, and thus far neither have been charged with a crime, so my wish for both would be that they would dry up and blow away so I don't have to hear about them anymore.
Don Jr may have his problems, however he is an “alter boy” when compared to Hunter Biden

Old 04-04-2022, 07:04 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I did read the story.

They want Trump NOW.

At the time, they most certainly did not. It was only after he was gone that they realized their disastrous error in judgment. But at the time of they election they did everything in their power to make him look bad and Biden look good, so please don’t try to rewrite history.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies