Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 12:29 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Probably not to you, no.

Have a lovely Sunday.

You too

Old 04-03-2022, 12:30 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
The media used to make fun of President Reagan, while he was in office, for his age-related gaffes. Yet, they're noticeably silent on President Biden's age-related gaffes...
Even with that, Reagan was still better then Biden even before his mental decline

Old 04-03-2022, 12:35 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, you don't get it. All that you mention is just part of the distraction. Trump was never working for the powers that be. He's doesn't have anywhere near that level of knowledge or intelligence or connections. He's a goofball that people on both sides took far more seriously than was warranted, but that's how it works. Same with Biden, but in a different way. He's part of the political establishment. Trump wasn't, and that was a factor in his election, and understandably so. The political establishment didn't see that coming.

Of course, another difference is that those who voted for Biden were far more lukewarm about him than were Trump's supporters. Lol. Biden never had a "Reality" TEEVEE show so there wasn't the same excitement over him with the entertainment-centric part of the population.

But at least he's quieter. Let him sleep if he wants!
Biden may never had been on reality t.v. But that doesn’t make him smarter then Trump, Trump was successful businessman long before the show. Biden was a so so senator, a so so Vice President and below so so president. Obama said himself that Biden messes up everything he touches. Obama is right

Old 04-03-2022, 12:44 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
That's a 21 cannon salute. He's not sleeping. He's looking somber while he's saluting during the cannon shots. Perhaps he's saying a prayer for the USS Delaware and all the future sailors that will board that ship and put their lives on the line.

The video, for some odd reason, turned down the volume extremely low so you can't hear the cannons. Wonder why.

Last edited by Variable; 04-03-2022 at 01:04 PM..

Old 04-03-2022, 12:54 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Biden may never had been on reality t.v. But that doesn’t make him smarter then Trump, Trump was successful businessman long before the show. Biden was a so so senator, a so so Vice President and below so so president. Obama said himself that Biden messes up everything he touches. Obama is right
Oh no, I didn't say Biden was smarter. I have not much liked Biden since around 2014 when he said something I found REALLY annoying lol. And Trump's success was more about the cult of personality he cultivated and having the sense to surround himself with smart businesspeople who knew how to run his businesses than being a smart businessman himself. Which in itself is smart enough and served him well. I never saw his show, but I worked all my life in NYC and everybody knew what he was and what he wasn't. I did not dislike him as a person until he ran for President and said some of the ugly things he said. Not the off-color remarks about women. That was who he always was, so not surprising. But some of his remarks about veterans, making fun of the disabled, his disparaging of Muslims, things like that didn't set well with me. (I do give Trump credit for acting respectfully at the ceremonies for returned soldiers killed in combat once he was President. He had to know it would be suicide if he didn't.)

I voted for neither major party candidate in 2016, so I guess I helped him get elected, too.

As always, I just wish we'd get some better choices.

Old 04-03-2022, 01:51 PM

8,770 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
That's a 21 cannon salute. He's not sleeping. He's looking somber while he's saluting during the cannon shots. Perhaps he's saying a prayer for the USS Delaware and all the future sailors that will board that ship and put their lives on the line.

The video, for some odd reason, turned down the volume extremely low so you can't hear the cannons. Wonder why.
Or he is thinking....can I look at my watch now.

Old 04-03-2022, 05:50 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Even with that, Reagan was still better then Biden even before his mental decline
Biden has always been worthless, his whole career.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:00 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Meh.
Clarence Thomas has been dozing off in public for 30 years now. A nap now and then is something everyone in D.C. does on the job.

It's not a big deal.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:36 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Meh.
Clarence Thomas has been dozing off in public for 30 years now. A nap now and then is something everyone in D.C. does on the job.

It's not a big deal.

Esp. since Brandon didn't also say the US would use chemical weapons in the Ukraine.

Or say we wanted to exercise regime change in Russia.

Or tell American troops they would be moving into the Ukraine.

I mean, in that context this might be pretty scary.

Thank goodness all of that is consigned to the realm of the hypothetical...

Last edited by RhodyRepub; 04-03-2022 at 07:43 PM..

Old 04-03-2022, 07:41 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
There comes a point sometimes where you just have no words.

I keep thinking we've come to a breaking point. And then more stuff happens. And then I think that's it, it's all going to blow up now. And then it happens again...

But, in reality, I think we're now actually at a turning point. "This aggression will not stand, man." Put a fork in me, I'm done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies