Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 09:10 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabJuiceVendor View Post
All I know is that it's Russia invading and killing in Ukraine, and Ukraine is trying to fend off invaders.
That's the important message here. This guy just happens to be the President of his country. He could have been Mother Teresa and the fact is the same: Russia invaded Ukraine and Ukrainians are defending their country.

Old 04-03-2022, 09:15 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
That's the important message here. This guy just happens to be the President of his country. He could have been Mother Teresa and the fact is the same: Russia invaded Ukraine and Ukrainians are defending their country.

Nobody disagrees with that.

And if that's the way American corporate media portrayed it, we'd be just fine with that.

But, instead, it's like the new COVID mask.

"Ukraine is like the best country that has ever existed, and like totally are a democracy, and there is no racism there like in our horrible country. In fact, Ukraine is better than America damn it! Plus, Trump!!!!!"

Now raise the yellow and blue! Or is it the blue and yellow? Some people have had it upside down as of late...

Either way, you can loathe Putin and think this invasion is wrong without elevating Zelensky to Nelson Mandela status.

Old 04-03-2022, 09:20 PM

2,326 posts, read 959,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

And Russia attacked for the same reason NATO attacked Yugoslavia.
But yet we were heralded as the good guys in that conflict. Why? Because we have better propaganda.

Old 04-03-2022, 09:24 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Nobody disagrees with that.

And if that's the way American corporate media portrayed it, we'd be just fine with that.

But, instead, it's like the new COVID mask.

"Ukraine is like the best country that has ever existed, and like totally are a democracy, and there is no racism there like in our horrible country. In fact, Ukraine is better than America damn it! Plus, Trump!!!!!"

Now raise the yellow and blue! Or is it the blue and yellow? Some people have had it upside down as of late...

Either way, you can loathe Putin and think this invasion is wrong without elevating Zelensky to Nelson Mandela status.
Throughout history very few leaders of their countries have risen to the moment as this man. I don't care what he did before he became President. Who cares he transmitted a pre-recorded message at the Grammy's. The man walks the talk....he puts his words into action...showing us that he means what he says by actively doing it himself. I've never seen anything like it.

Old 04-03-2022, 09:55 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I support the current thing. I support the current thing. I support the current thing. I support the current thing.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/...ch-1235215969/

Wow. I know if I gave a damn about the Grammys, I'd sure want my musical preaching circumvented by political nationalist war time preaching from a lesser evil than Vladimir Putin.

The Revolution will not only be televised, pop culture must be politicized.

Get on board or else.
Russian apologist.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Never thought i would see the day that the party of Reagan switched sides to a despot dictator KGB guy. What the heck happened? Bizzaro world.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:02 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Throughout history very few leaders of their countries have risen to the moment as this man. I don't care what he did before he became President. Who cares he transmitted a pre-recorded message at the Grammy's. The man walks the talk....he puts his words into action...showing us that he means what he says by actively doing it himself. I've never seen anything like it.

Throughout history very few leaders brought their people to the brink of disaster as Zelensky did, in the name of questionable goals, with the help of shady means, all while claiming the spotlight of someone else's show time.

He could have tag his "close adviser" Arestovich along with him - these two adventurists could easily share the same podium and bask in the same light at the Grammys.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:08 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
And Russia attacked for the same reason NATO attacked Yugoslavia.
But yet we were heralded as the good guys in that conflict. Why? Because we have better propaganda.
I guess you would've also supported Hitler.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:09 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Never thought i would see the day that the party of Reagan switched sides to a despot dictator KGB guy. What the heck happened? Bizzaro world.
Crazy to see so many Adolph Putin lovers on here!

Old 04-03-2022, 10:09 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post

May be the Democrats supporting the marching Nationalists with tattooed swastikas is no less "bizzaro world"?

What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies