Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 03:10 PM

13,944 posts, read 5,615,884 times

Advertisements

Whatever. I already own everything they'll ban. I recommend anyone worried about to go vote with your wallet and just make sure you have the weapons before the politicians do something full potato.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 03:12 PM

72 posts, read 41,483 times
The farther left the left moves, the farther right the right moves. See how that works?

Old 04-04-2022, 03:23 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Criminals dislike it when their victims shoot back.
So do rogue governments. Just ask Russia.

Old 04-04-2022, 03:24 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Whatever. I already own everything they'll ban. I recommend anyone worried about to go vote with your wallet and just make sure you have the weapons before the politicians do something full potato.
And never, ever, buy a registered gun. What the government doesn't know about doesn't exist.

Old 04-04-2022, 03:36 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Soon as soon I meet a law abiding citizen I might side with the let's shoot under the guise of self preservation. Self being the operative word.
People have broken some law in their lifetime. Be it - jaywalking. Not wearing a seat belt, to imbibing in under age drinking. So spare me the term that there is such a law abiding person to aspire to.
Given that preface , it's common that after multi life loss from a lethal weapon . The public seems to find ways to deter future atrocities. Are you one that clings to your weapon like a child with a pacifier? Daring that anyone take that false comfort away? Or are you a rational adult that recognizes that limitations can in fact lower the risks? I'll encourage a more realistic view of conservative manner to public ownership and proper usage. Far too many folks lack accountability in handling and safety. Rambo folks need not contribute. Step back . Some of these so called shootings are done by your neighbor who you'd swear up and down was law abiding ....

Old 04-04-2022, 03:39 PM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
As water flows downhill, as night follows dusk, it happens every time. In response to a mass shooting where criminal(s) murder a bunch of people, Democrats invariably call for laws imposing more restrictions... but only people who obey laws.

This has been going on for decades, and shows no signs of stopping. And mass shooting keep happening with metronomic regularity, with dozens, or even hundreds, of people killed in cities across the nation. Restrictions called for by the far left, have been clearly shown to not work, as murder rates, assaults with weapons, armed robberies etc. continue unabated despite the laws that restrict only the law-abiding.

And it seems to be the only thing the far left can think of. Never mind that it doesn't work and people keep dying. "Well, we did something. Vote for us in the next election."

-------------------------------------

https://fox40.com/news/national-and-...mass-shooting/

â€We must act’: President Biden calls for tougher gun laws after Sacramento mass shooting

by: Julian Tack
Posted: Apr 3, 2022 / 09:51 PM PDT
Updated: Apr 4, 2022 / 10:19 AM PDT

(KTXL) – President Joe Biden is calling for stricter gun laws, including a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, following the killing of six people in a downtown Sacramento mass shooting this weekend.

In a statement released by the White House on Sunday night, the president said, “Today, America once again mourns for another community devastated by gun violence. In a single act in Sacramento, six individuals left dead and at least a dozen more injured. Families forever changed. Survivors left to heal wounds both visible and invisible.”

President Biden has repeatedly pushed for tougher federal gun laws. In his statement, he called on Congress to ban ghost guns, which are manufactured without serial numbers and cannot be traced. Biden also wants background checks for all gun sales, including private transactions. He also wants firearm manufacturers to be held liable. Currently, they are immune from liability in these kinds of cases.
Oh boy, this will solve everything. The Democrats save the day again..

Old 04-04-2022, 03:39 PM

10,074 posts, read 7,754,937 times
He needs to call for closed borders to stop the crime and drugs from coming in. How about stop that!!!

How about keep criminals in prison? They have awful policies and then blame guns. All of them are dumb as rocks.

Maybe he needs to ask VP Jill what she Thinks? How about we get Biden removed from office for being corrupt? Let's do that. First things first.

Old 04-04-2022, 04:16 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Do Democrats understand that criminals don't care about gun laws? This only hurts law-abiding citizens, as usual...
Perhaps it's not really the criminals that the Dems are trying to restrict.

Nah, not perhaps, but rather definitely.
Has to be as that is the only ones any of their repulsive laws have ever affected.

Old 04-04-2022, 04:18 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Soon as soon I meet a law abiding citizen I might side with the let's shoot under the guise of self preservation. Self being the operative word.
People have broken some law in their lifetime. Be it - jaywalking. Not wearing a seat belt, to imbibing in under age drinking. So spare me the term that there is such a law abiding person to aspire to.
Given that preface , it's common that after multi life loss from a lethal weapon . The public seems to find ways to deter future atrocities. Are you one that clings to your weapon like a child with a pacifier? Daring that anyone take that false comfort away? Or are you a rational adult that recognizes that limitations can in fact lower the risks? I'll encourage a more realistic view of conservative manner to public ownership and proper usage. Far too many folks lack accountability in handling and safety. Rambo folks need not contribute. Step back . Some of these so called shootings are done by your neighbor who you'd swear up and down was law abiding ....
The night my home was broken into, the police took 13 minutes to arrive. Within 20 seconds of hearing the sound of breaking glass, I was headed quietly downstairs in the dark to deal with the source - with 17+1 rounds of 9mm in my hand. A lot could happen in 13 minutes. Who do you call when something goes bump in the night?

Old 04-04-2022, 05:42 PM

1,810 posts, read 897,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
How is the public deterring the atrocities that Russia is inflicting upon Ukraine? With sanctions? With public indignation? None of these mass shootings were done by my neighbor. Maybe your neighbor did these, eh? Maybe you’re the next mass shooter in the making who prefers unarmed victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies