Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 06:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,900,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I have no data on how many of those people will 'change' their minds so I can't debate your feelings about the survey.

I do believe that as we become more open about trans gender issues we will see an increase in those admitting they are trans gender. Similar to how many who were gay felt more likely to 'admit' as we became more tolerant of them being gay.
Why would they "change" their minds? Aren't they born with it?

And if they will change their minds, why are they being groomed into it?

Why aren't they being left alone?

Aside from forcing all straight people to become transgender or gay, we're about as open as we can be. Kids fully believe that they are gay. Teachers are pushing it ... see the thread about the teacher who claims 20 of her 32 FOURTH GRADERS have 'come out' as LGBTQ.

Do you truly believe that makes any rational sense? That a class of 9 year olds fully understands that by making that declaration that means that men have sex with men, women have sex with women, and that some men are women and some women are men?

Think 9 year olds fully understand those concepts? Really?

Old 04-05-2022, 06:38 AM

25,803 posts, read 16,451,635 times
That executive from Disney in an interview. She and her wife (lol) have 2 kids under 5. One is trans the other is Pan-sexual.

Lucky I’m not the Florida Governor because those kids would be in child protective custody today.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:40 AM

22,627 posts, read 24,486,042 times
A trendy fad that, under normal circumstances, 90+ percent would either not delve into
or eventually outgrow.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:43 AM

30,024 posts, read 11,616,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I agree with you, but many Republicans became Republicans for a reason. They happen to have children, they tend to earn money, etc. As a Libertarian, I totally agree with everyone's right to live their life as they seem fit. As a parent, I am not so sure I want my children to swap genders back and forth.

There are fiscal conservatives and social conservatives. Republicans are usually both but their fiscal conservatism is often watered down.

I am a very strong fiscal conservative. i want to see the government stripped down to where we were back when our country was created. All that has been added on since then is government greed. Socially I am a moderate. So a lot of the stories that are red meat for most Republicans don't work on me. Its all about getting donations and telling their minions they need to vote for them to save them from whatever horrible thing they portray as happening. The Dems do the same thing on their side.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
My cousin's granddaughter, born 1998, from the day she could talk said she was a boy. Fought w/her parents from toddler age about wearing girls clothes. Mom insisted on dresses for family pictures but it was always a battle. She finally gave up and only within the past few years admits her daughter is 'unique.'

In high school, this girl dressed like a boy, only dated girls, currently is living with a girl, went to her brother's wedding a few years ago wearing a man's shirt and man's tie, hair tied back in pony tail. I was sent a few pictures - she looked like a skinny boy.

Gender issues run in that family. The paternal grandfather's oldest sister, Ethel, was a lesbian - born 1922 or thereabouts on the family farm. Think about that!!! 1922. When Ethel became an adult, she moved to Florida and lived with another woman until her death. I never met her, although I knew that family well. Very little communication w/her family. Family was notified of her death long after it occurred.

The granddaughter's mother has a sister who is married to another woman, lives in FL, has adopted (I believe) children.

So, this kid gets it from two sides - her paternal grandfather, and her mother's side.

My relative hasn't talked about gender surgery - but could very well be considering it. My cousin's sons, one the father of this girl, just "told" me last year, "she" liked girls. Like it was news. Of course, her grandmother and I had been discussing this - for us an oddity - from the time the issues arose - when the kid was two/three years old. I never got the paternal grandfather's take on this - it shouldn't have been a complete surprise since his sister was a lesbian - which for that time - born 1922 - was only whispered about.

So, odd as it may appear to many, being born in the wrong body is NOT A FAD. It is NOT a mental illness - it is gender confusion, hormonal/neurological - begun in the womb.

I do think there may be genetic component, as well - i.e., my relative who got the wrong genes from both sides of her parentage. Our modern-day pollution/contamination only exacerbates the issue - as mentioned above wildlife born with both sex organs or some permutation thereof. Of course, men who liked men goes back to the Greeks and Romans. No doubt there were women who preferred women in those days, too.
Most who prefer the same gender do not identify as anything but their bio gender.
Not all Trans people are sexually attracted to their bio gender.

Clothing, hair, make-up and toys are cultural things. That a bio girl rejects dolls or a bio boy likes to play with dolls is meaningless. Boy and girl are just words.

I have a niece who for a spell, as a child identified as a puppy, including insisting eating out of a bowl on the floor. She loved to do tricks for treats. She wore the dog’s collar. She gave herself a dog name. It was both weird and funny. And she outgrew it.

Best anyone could tell is she decided puppies got more attention or a different kind of attention, than humans, or something like that.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:45 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,735,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Do you have any way of measuring how previous generations 'hid' whether or not they were gay or trans gender? No...so there is no evidence that can identify that there are more individuals who are gay or more transgender. What we do have is more people being able to ADMIT they are gay or transgfendered.
I should have said older, not previous generations. All ages were asked about their sexuality at the same time, in the same recent survey. Everyone was free to speak honestly with the pollster on the telephone. And no, I don't believe the non-Gen Zs lied because they're in the closet. There's no way anything close to 20% of the population is LGBT.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:48 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,831,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That executive from Disney in an interview. She and her wife (lol) have 2 kids under 5. One is trans the other is Pan-sexual.

Lucky I’m not the Florida Governor because those kids would be in child protective custody today.

Some people seem to overlook this, so let me remind you that any government who has the power to take the children from parents you don't approve of and lock them up, also has the power to take your children and lock you up.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:48 AM

6,469 posts, read 2,878,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Can't imagine anyone in their right mind "wanting" to be gay or transgendered. It's a very difficult life.
I don't doubt real cases are difficult. But 'wanting' seems to fit right in verbatim with the victim mentality and oppression appropriation culture. So I would not rule it out as a reason for the 'spike'.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I should have said older, not previous generations. All ages were asked about their sexuality at the same time, in the same recent survey. Everyone was free to speak honestly with the pollster on the telephone. And no, I don't believe the non-Gen Zs lied because they're in the closet. There's no way anything close to 20% of the population is LGBT.
That same survey showed that in other generations there was a significant increase in those who admitted they were LGBTQ...for example, Millennials, ages 26 to 41, identifying as LGBTQ increased from 5.8% in 2012 to 10.5% in 2021.

So we are seeing more people coming out of the closet.

In 1980 Bruce Jenner did not identify as LGBTQ.....now he does.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:53 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,900,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Some people seem to overlook this, so let me remind you that any government who has the power to take the children from parents you don't approve of and lock them up, also has the power to take your children and lock you up.
People don't overlook this.

I think there is confusion as to what constitutes child abuse and/or negligence.

No one would have an issue taking a child away from a parent who is abusive and/or negligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.